Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free $30 DigitalOcean Credit (Promotion is Now End)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Free $30 DigitalOcean Credit (Promotion is Now End)

edited September 2014 in Offers

Just use the coupon code "JUMP" & get hosting credits worth $30 on 1 GB DigitalOcean plan.

Note: Put the promo code by clicking on "Got Promo Code?" on this link >>> http://www.cloudways.com/en/

Specs:

1 GB Ram, 30 GB Disk space, 2 TB Bandwidth & 1-core Processor. .

Users of this coupon are not eligible for 30-day FREE trial. They get 2 months instead. (LIMITED TIME OFFER)

Comments

• waiting for 10 minutes and i dont receive any email for the password

• @lelewku said:
    waiting for 10 minutes and i dont receive any email for the password

You should check your "spam" or "junk" folder, if not there then contact the live chat support, they will activate your account.

• Thanks Ahsan for guiding about the whole process. 24/7 live chat support is there to answer all the queries too. :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited September 2014

Please note that if you do not perform any activity on your server for 5 days, it will be paused, and if your server remains inactive for 8 consecutive days then it will be automatically terminated.

Also this is not plain DO credit, it's some sort of reseller on top of both DO and Amazon EC2.
    And it's limited to 30 days, so you can't get 6 months on the $5 VM out of this.
    The most amazing part? They don't give you root access on the DO VM you create.
    In short, don't bother with this b/s.

• For new users ?

edited September 2014

Yeah OK.

• rm_ said: Also this is not plain DO credit, it's some sort of reseller on top of both DO and Amazon EC2.

And it's limited to 30 days, so you can't get 6 months on the $5 VM out of this.

The offer is only valid for DO 1gb servers, it clearly states on the start of the thread.

rm_ said: Please note that if you do not perform any activity on your server for 5 days, it will be paused, and if your server remains inactive for 8 consecutive days then it will be automatically terminated.

That is only applicable on users that are running empty servers with no data or default setups. If you have any data present on servers, then nothing will be deleted.

Cloudways and DigitalOcean are partners, you can see Cloudways listed here: https://www.digitalocean.com/community/projects/cloudways

What Cloudways does is enable non-technical or users with less server experience to host and manage their websites and apps on DigitalOcean and Amazon EC2 servers, if you look at the Cloudways platform, it let's you setup dedicated servers in just a few clicks.

Also servers are optimized with caching layers to deliver best website performance. Nginx, Varnish, Memcache, Apache, Linux and php updates and patches are automatically applied.

Let me know if you need more information about the Cloudways setup.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

Phone verfication.... and i dont have a mobile phone dang it.

• rm_ said: The most amazing part? They don't give you root access on the DO VM you create.

Cloudways is a platform and behind it is a network. We take care of servers, keeping them updated and optimized so people can focus more on their applications.

For server options we have added controls in the platform that can be used to turn on or off certain server features.

This is a good support thread on Cloudways forum that explains why we don't give root access

https://cloudwayssupport.zendesk.com/entries/99127403-Why-can-t-I-have-root-access-to-my-server-

edited September 2014

AhsanParwez said: Cloudways is a platform and behind it is a network. We take care of servers, keeping them updated and optimized so people can focus more on their applications.

Good for you, but I signed up expecting something else entirely, and now I feel that I've been tricked to waste my time and give my personal details for nothing. Pondering whether to ask my account deleted (there doesn't even seem to be a Delete account button), or to try extracting at least some use from the crippled non-root VM that I've been so "graciously" provided.

• @AhsanParwez said:

It means your service is server management right?

• robohost said: It means your service is server management right?

Precisely, you can easily manage multiple DO and Amazon servers using our platforms. You can easily deploy unlimited applications on servers, clone applications and servers, scale them when traffic spikes, install ssl certificates, deploy via Git platforms.

• click bait?

• @sundaymouse said:
    click bait?

Not at all. Genuine offer it is. The coupon will expire by the end of the day!

• rm_ said: now I feel that I've been tricked to waste my time and give my personal details for nothing.

Same. I'm thankful I didn't go through with entering my phone number. Having just changed my cell #, I'm sure I would've been receiving a higher volume of unsolicited calls after providing it to them.

Thanked by 1rm_
  • @rm_ said:
    Good for you, but I signed up expecting something else entirely, and now I feel that I've been tricked to waste my time and give my personal details for nothing. Pondering whether to ask my account deleted (there doesn't even seem to be a Delete account button), or to try extracting at least some use from the crippled non-root VM that I've been so "graciously" provided.

You didn't take the time to learn what service they provide and now you're complaining that the free service they are giving you isn't what you expected? You "tricked" yourself into wasting time.

Am I missing something here?

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

Microlinux said: free service they are giving you isn't what you expected? You "tricked" yourself into wasting time.

Am I missing something here?

Just because it's free doesn't make false advertising acceptable. Many people here will quickly jump on others and blame them when they feel wronged, and that's sad. I am missing something, and it's the reason as to why you decided to attack this poster when they've clearly done nothing wrong.

• MicrolinuxMicrolinux Member
    edited September 2014

@alexh said:
    Just because it's free doesn't make false advertising acceptable.

Where is the false advertising?

@alexh said:
    and it's the reason as to why you decided to attack this poster

Good grief. Please. People are so sensitive these days.

edited September 2014

Microlinux said: Am I missing something here?

Perhaps this thread's title?

These things often expire rather quickly, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that people would jump right in without reading much into the details. And yes, the thread's title is false advertising plain and simple, and I would even say this paints DigitalOcean in a bad light as well. Someone new and who's unaware of DO's services would get an impression that this is what DO is, some mediocre managed service via a clunky web panel, where you don't even get root access. Speaking of which, "invinciblesaad" surely you do have a permission from them to advertise yourself using their name?

• No node js hosting option?...

• @rm_ said:
    Perhaps this thread's title?

Fair enough, that could be misleading if you don't bother to read about the services they provide.

@rm_ said:
    it shouldn't surprise anyone that people would jump right in without reading much into the details.

You know whose fault that is, alone? The people jumping right in.

The main point here is that it's free, playing the victim card doesn't really work in my mind.

edited September 2014

Microlinux said: You know whose fault that is, alone? The people jumping right in.

If an ad campaign has the result of leaving a number of people frustrated and blaming themselves for something, is that really a successful ad campaign. Maybe you're used to looking for a "catch" in everything, but so far at least here on LET/LEB we've managed to go without a significant number of offers having any sort of a "catch" to them.

• @rm_ said:
    Maybe you're used to looking for a "catch" in everything

Yes, I believe in personal responsibility. I realize that concept seems foreign to the younger generations.

If I click on a link and blindly sign up for something without first understanding what it is I am signing up for, that's my problem. Not the Internet, not the advertiser.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

Microlinux said: Yes, I believe in personal responsibility. I realize that concept seems foreign to the younger generations.

I do too, but this is a community, and as such he was warning other members that the title is misleading and they may not receive the service they intended to. Personal responsibility includes research in my opinion, and without sources of information, like feedback from users, this research would be much more difficult. Regardless, the title is misleading in multiple ways. It implies credit directly applied to usage of DO's service; This is not the case, as root access isn't provided. It should be titled, "Free $30 Cloudways Credit."

• Shouldn't this be under Offers, not General since it is clearly a self promoted offer.