Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Which provider will let me torrent?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Which provider will let me torrent?

noamannoaman Member
edited September 2014 in Providers

Hello
I am looking to use my vps for torrent downloading .Which VPS Provider will suit me Iniz or Ramnode.My budget is as low as it could get
FYI. I dont want to buy a seedbox

Comments

• Neither allow torrenting.

• @noaman said:
    Hello
    I am looking to use my vps for torrent downloading .Which VPS Provider will suit me Iniz or Ramnode.My budget is as low as it could get
    FYI. I dont want to buy a seedbox

Go GVH, you'll be ok so long as you don't get served a dcma, and you can live with downtime and spurious reboots.

• THey replied
    INIZ Sales sales@iniz.com
    Sep 15 (5 days ago)

to me
    You may use our VPSs to torrent for your own usage, we do not allow the use of torrenting with accounts/access being shared.

Regards,
    Patrick Hayward
    INIZ VPS Hosting
    http://iniz.com

Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: LNX-573-95188
    Department: Sales
    Type: Issue
    Priority: Low

Helpdesk: https://support.iniz.com

• If anyone else has a better vps.Please share it

• @Nekki said:
    Go GVH, you'll be ok so long as you don't get served a dcma, and you can live with downtime and spurious reboots.

One question.If I use proxy with GVH(Green Value Host) Will there be any chance of DMCA?

• @noaman said:
    One question.If I use proxy with GVH(Green Value Host) Will there be any chance of DMCA?

You probably won't get a DMCA even if you don't use a proxy.

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited September 2014

As i know you can Torrent on RamNode US Locations

Torrents (Only allowed in US locations - must be limited to 20Mbps total)

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • Thanx man...keep the suggestions...coming...
    Currently I am using crissic VPS...They have amazing support and everything is good except the dont allow p2p

• @hostnoob said:
    You probably won't get a DMCA even if you don't use a proxy.

I want that feature too!

• define download torrent maybe? are you going to keep the torrent seeding ? or just download one torrent and stop it, and then transfer it to your computer via ftp ?

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2014

@serverian said:

lol, I just mean I've either never had a DMCA notice in about 9 months of mixed private/public torrenting, or GVH just ignore them anyway.

I'm sure OP will be safe too, assuming that like everyone else he's just downloading "linux ISOs"

• I am going to only download torrent .I am not going to seed it.I will stop it when It is completed

• @hostnoob said:
    or GVH just ignore them anyway.

That's more likely.

• @noaman said:
    I am going to only download torrent .I am not going to seed it.I will stop it when It is completed

asshole :(

• @noaman said:
    I am going to only download torrent .I am not going to seed it.I will stop it when It is completed

not teaching you how to breach their ToS but i am using crissic for torrent as well just set it low priority and stop once it done. been doing this for months but if youre afraid just go for ramnode or iniz.

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited September 2014

Ovh Vps classic in france allows torrents

getting 1 gvh also

• I got my vps suspended few weeks back :-p

it said Torrent I/O was the reason.So was it hard on network or hard disk?

• @hostnoob said:
    asshole :(

why are you getting so angry man? calm down :-)

• @lelewku said:

Reported to the internet police.

Thanked by 1Pwner
  • @noaman said:
    I got my vps suspended few weeks back :-p

it said Torrent I/O was the reason.So was it hard on network or hard disk?

make friends with chinese and they will teach you how

police? just give them donuts.

• Iniz, preferably 1GB+ ram

• @noaman said:

He is saying your just going to download and let the torrent die and not seed back for others

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • I cannot download torrent in my univeristy..But I do my part using filestream.me ,btcloud.io, and zzlbox for seeding :-)

• @Nekki said:

Hey...no any promo codes or links I can use for GVH

• @noaman said:

The whole point of torrenting is sharing, you are supposed to seed

Thanked by 4Silvenga Mark_R Rob92 RLT
  • jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Keep the torrents where they belong.... In France ;)

Thanked by 2cassa orak
  • noaman said: why are you getting so angry man? calm down :-)

If the torrent network dies, it will be because of people like you. Leaching, without giving anything back, is basically giving the middle finger to the community.

Thanked by 1RLT
  • the question is like "Apple or Apple?"

you won't regret with either one :)

• @ironhide said:
    the question is like "Apple or Apple?"

you won't regret with either one :)

This isn't a very good example:P

Thanked by 2Silvenga ucxo
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited September 2014

If torrents are legal (ISOs from linux distros, personal files etc.) then there is no DMCA issue, so, only problem is if you abuse the bandwidth. I really cannot understand providers in this community (almost all of them are coders, programmers or computer gurus) that are in the same direction with governments and big companies, that are trying to turn torrenting as a non-legal action! Torrent is a tool that it may be used legally or illegally, like a knife can...

If a user want to torrent from his server only legal content and he maintains the vps to avoid high bandwidth or IO using (not to abuse other users in the same node), then, he should be free to torrent.

On the other hand, torrenting illegal content (copyrighted content, nulled software, illegal stuff) is a completely different issue. If a provider receive a valid DMCA he should be able to terminate account without any refund.

In real life, torrenting a couple of dozens of files usually will not drag the attention of copyright owner. They usually hunt the big fishes with legal actions.

Talking or asking in legal communities like LET things as "I want to know a provider that will allow me to torrent and ignore DMCA" is like saying to providers here, "DO NOT ALLOW THIS GUY TO BE YOUR CLIENT".
    No provider will tell you that you will be welcomed in his nodes, when you clearly state that you will use your 3-5$ p/m vps as a torrent box.

If OP will use torrent vps just for downloading stuff and not seeding, then, it is completely his responsibility against to DMCA owners and not the provider's.

The truth is that many people here are using vps from many respected providers in LET for torrenting. It works till they get caught. So, in the bottom line, it is your risk and responsibility to torrent illegal stuff and, if you get caught, do not cry or whine about the service or your money.

About the original question, now:

Ramnode and INIZ are both good providers. I use them both (not for torrenting, though!) and I think that Ramnode is more stable with more powered nodes and better threshold in using shared resources (cpu, I/O, bandwidth etc.)

Thanked by 3Nick_A k0nsl dcc