Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Web Meeting on LEB
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Web Meeting on LEB

jcalebjcaleb Member
edited July 2012 in Help

Is it possible to setup a Web Meeting Software on an LEB? Maybe 256mb xen/kvm. Just voice and desktop/powerpoint sharing, and no need for webcam and such.

Comments

• You could but it would prob be a lot of work to setup. I would just use join.me

Thanked by 2jcaleb DeletedUser
  • vdnetvdnet Member

There are a lot of services out there that are great, like GoToMeeting, etc. I think it would be more trouble than it's worth to setup your own, but I don't see why you couldn't.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • jcalebjcaleb Member

i only have experience with dimdim. And it's so trouble to use, we usually waste 15-20 minutes every meeting trying to make it work. WebEx is so wonderful but expensive.

• vdnetvdnet Member

Are you using this for personal or commercial purposes? There are many free options for personal, but commercial can get more expensive.

Thanked by 1jcaleb
  • vdnetvdnet Member

You could try checking out these. I've used GoToMeeting in the past, then Teamviewer and Logmein. However, I'm not sure if the latter 2 are what you are looking for.

http://alternativeto.net/software/gotomeeting/

• flyfly Member

google plus hangout.

• TazTaz Member

Hangout, yahoo live, Skype?'

• vdnetvdnet Member

I didn't realize Skype and Hangout allowed screen sharing, must be new.

• jcalebjcaleb Member

@vdnet just personal. Maybe twice a month meeting at most. Maybe overkill to go through all the setup? I just had very bad experience with dimdim, and was so amazed with webex =)

i'll check the alternatives, thanks so much!