Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any web designers here?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any web designers here?

jhjh Member
edited July 2012 in General

I'm starting another side project selling VPNs here in the UK and need a website made. Before I reach for my bank card, just wondering if anyone here might create something (simple, won't take long) for me in exchange for one of my SSD VPSs for a year?

I'll even do the coding, just need someone to do the PS/AI bit for me.

James

Thanked by 1DeletedUser

Comments

• not another VPN competitor :@ dam you lol

• jhjh Member

I'll try and stay out of your hair ;)

Thanked by 1DanielM
  • VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep

Not intending to derail, but after looking around.. aren't VPN's priced hugely? One single account seems to cover the costs of the VPS, so profits must be huge percentage-wise?

• jhjh Member

@liamwithers said: Not intending to derail, but after looking around.. aren't VPN's priced hugely? One single account seems to cover the costs of the VPS, so profits must be huge percentage-wise?

That's why I thought it would be good try and sell some. LOL.

• @liamwithers said: Not intending to derail, but after looking around.. aren't VPN's priced hugely? One single account seems to cover the costs of the VPS, so profits must be huge percentage-wise?

Most of "Us" have are own IP's so there is that cost. and bandwidth too that aint cheap..

• PacketVMPacketVM Member, Host Rep

What kind of thing are you looking for?

• flyfly Member
    edited July 2012

vpn provider = huge headache.

think about all of the abuse complaints. you don't get safe harbor if you're a vpn provider.

there's a reason why the Chinese buy LEB's to use as VPN's.

• @kbar said: think about all of the abuse complaints. you don't get safe harbor if you're a vpn provider.

Thats why you get your OWN ip's you can simply ignore most of them :)

Thanked by 1jh
  • subigosubigo Member

@liamwithers said: Not intending to derail, but after looking around.. aren't VPN's priced hugely? One single account seems to cover the costs of the VPS, so profits must be huge percentage-wise?

In the past, the price was due to users not knowing how to configure a VPN themselves... but VPN prices are starting to drop quick. You'll see $15/year VPN plans soon.

• rskrsk Member, Patron Provider

This thread is actually about a web design request, not a VPN battle ... hhhh

• subigosubigo Member

@rsk said: This thread is actually about a web design request, not a VPN battle ... hhhh

Welcome to LET.

• I'm not a designer, just a coder.

• flyfly Member

@DanielM said: Thats why you get your OWN ip's you can simply ignore most of them :)

i hope you're kidding... but seeing your previous posts, i'm guessing you're not.

Thanked by 1TheHackBox
  • DanielMDanielM Member
    edited July 2012

@kbar said: i hope you're kidding... but seeing your previous posts, i'm guessing you're not.

Ofcourse am not. I follow UK laws not US laws. WHy should i obey united states laws (One of the most corrupt countries in the world if not the worst)

• @DanielM said: Ofcourse am not. I follow UK laws not US laws.

Same with the TVLinks creator. Look where he is now.

• @Dionysus said: Because you don't want your ass locked up in Guantanamo Bay. In all seriousness, you would want to follow US law so they wouldn't have a reason to extradite you from the UK.

That sounds like abit of imperlism and colonialism. But none the less the only reason why the corrupt state managed to extradite him is because of the silly domain he had. as the americans control the .com etc

• @DanielM said: That sounds like abit of imperlism and colonialism.

Wow you know you are fucked when your former colony tries to colionalize(?) you :P

• jhjh Member
    edited July 2012

TVLinks is a service designed to allow people to break the law. I'm marketing this VPN service for people who want a constant IP and security on public WiFi networks. Likewise, there are controls in place to stop people abusing the service. Finally, as it's a static IP service, it's easily traceable back to the individual should the individual abuse the servuce.

• @jhadley said: TVLinks is a service designed to allow people to break the law

You don't work for MPAA do you james?

• jhjh Member
    edited July 2012

@DanielM said: You don't work for MPAA do you james

Haha

• flyfly Member

regardless of what you think of the laws, they are the laws. You don't fight laws by breaking them. In addition, what reason do you have for not following up on abuse complaints? Spam is a valid complaint, DMCA/copyright infringement is very valid. I can't think of any kind of abuse complaint that is disagreeable.

• @kbar said: Spam is a valid complaint, DMCA/copyright infringement is very valid

Correct this is why on certain plans mail is blocked. ANd i do not recognise US law as i said. which means DMCA does not apply here.

• I used to be a designer :P. If you need a design send me a pm and we can talk. sorry I'm on my phone right now.

• jhjh Member
    edited July 2012

@HalfEatenPie said: I used to be a designer :P. If you need a design send me a pm and we can talk. sorry I'm on my phone right now.

Thanks, PM sent.

If anyone wants a LOL, I listed this on freelancer.com and got some 'interesting' responses:

Hi Dear, Hope you are fine! I am CMS website expert, I have strong experience in Wordpress, Blogs, Joomla, eCommerce and other sites. I can make you...

Our objective is great customer service with broad experience and affordable Implementation.Our Notion: "No Satisfaction, No Payment".Please see PMB...

Our goal is to exceed the expectations of every client by offering outstanding designs, increased flexibility, greater value in development, thus optimizing s...

• @jhadley said: freelancer.com

That place is hilarious, I did the same thing a while back for something similar.

What I ended up doing is going to dribbble.com and forrst.com and messaging people who's work I liked - Much better quality of work.

• jhjh Member

@ElliotJ said: What I ended up doing is going to dribbble.com and forrst.com and messaging people who's work I liked - Much better quality of work.

Thanks for the links, I can see they're much better. How much did you pay them?

• VictorVictor Member

Send me a PM and I will see what I can do. :)

• You gonna link us to the listing james?? See how bad it is :L

• Nevermind found it lol