Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Close it] Need to know something.... Datacenter reps invited for this discussion
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

[Close it] Need to know something.... Datacenter reps invited for this discussion

VPSRAIDSolutionsVPSRAIDSolutions Member without signature
edited September 2014 in General

So, I've rented a server with a DC ( wont't mention the name just yet )


so I've ordered the following spec server


Dual L5639

72GB Ram

4x1TB HDD RAID-10

61 IPv4

10TB @ 1GBPS

Dallas,TX.




The issue starts when I experience low write speed about 260 mb/s on node ( thats avg i would get on that )


Ordered for an upgrade to SSD drives 4x512GB SSD


Paid on 4th sept ( The rep asked me 1 week time to do it , ofc i was impatient so contacted him within 5 days ) He later postponed it to the next week Saying parts haven't arrived and we have a few orders to full fill so can't allocate you drives until new stock arrives.

Today is 17th sept thats 13 days post payment excluding weekends would make it 9 days


Scheduled time was 16th sept 11 pm CDT , but he said something urgent came up and re-scheduled to 9 am CDT now its 1 pm CDT no reply from him .

Now heres the important part since its a fresh replacement of drives , i paid for ssd + upgrade setup fee , he asks me 35$ to actually reinstall OS and setup partitions and when i asked him why did i pay the setup fee he said its for replacing SSDs and re-setup of raid.

Okay... we had a few arguements i pissed him off ! so at 9 am CDT i contact him, he replies 31m later and says we are going through our list and will get back to you SHORTLY and its been 3h 15m since he said that.


Now this service is unmanaged i agree but what is this support??

«1

Comments

  • 260 MB/s on RAID 10 HDD's sounds fine to me? Did they all finish syncing?

  • said: Okay... we had a few arguements i pissed him off ! so at 9 am CDT i contact him, he replies 31m later and says we are going through our list and will get back to you SHORTLY and its been 3h 15m since he said that.

    I'll assume the box has IPMI/iKVM, and that you are able to re-install the OS yourself. If this is the case, you should kindly tell this individual that you're able to do this, and don't require that particular service. Aside from that, 3 hours isn't a very long time, even with him stating shortly. The services you requested do require physical labor, and sometimes these things can take some time. I do agree, though, that the initial setup time of 13 days, or 9 business days, is pretty significant for a drive upgrade. Did you agree on a setup time when you ordered the upgrade?

    Also, 260MB/s write speeds aren't bad for SATA hard disks. The solid state drives would give much better results, though.

    Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • VPSRAIDSolutionsVPSRAIDSolutions Member without signature

    He promised me 9 am CDT he will start and the setup will take 1 hour , now its 4 hours

    It does come with IPMI and i agreed to do so but this delay is not generally accepted

    Its a direct replacement i didnt ask them to sync anything

  • VPSRAIDSolutionsVPSRAIDSolutions Member without signature

    Their network and uptime is just awesome i didnt have any downtime / network outage since the day i bought i am really happy with their service although this has been letting me down....

  • Who are you renting your Dedi from ? and wow that's pretty weird and yeah 260 is fine by my ? and by my knowledge why does he require 35$ to re-install a OS doesn't that take 1 button ?

  • VPSRAIDSolutions said: Its a direct replacement i didnt ask them to sync anything

    As in was the array resyncing when you did the speed test?

  • OS install should always be automated and always be free. I know some providers charge for it, but its a rip off. It doesn't cost must to setup a PXE server and allow customers to self install.

    A disk swap assuming the equipment is proper kit with hotswappable drives, 5 minutes for 4 disks. Just power off, pull disks, insert disks. If its some cheapy thing with internal disks, then an hour or so to do it is probably reasonable.

    For any form of disk upgrade like that, you need to agree a cutover point - so on X day you'll have the disks and they'll be installed between these hours.

    Thanked by 1Corey
  • linuxthefish said: 260 MB/s on RAID 10 HDD's sounds fine to me? Did they all finish syncing?

    Even on a SW Raid, 260 MB/s is a bit too low... Also it depends on the the type of drive. Seagate Barracuda's and some newer WD's would be much faster than this.

  • Hi?

    DalekOfSkaro said: Even on a SW Raid, 260 MB/s is a bit too low... Also it depends on the the type of drive. Seagate Barracuda's and some newer WD's would be much faster than this.

    Not really true. Most of it caching if you got a BBU, which with some usage gets back to this real number.

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • I understand being impatient but maybe something else happened? I am sure the DC will give you some kind of credit for the wait or downtime.

    VPS's out of Asheville, NC, Amsterdam, LA (Quadranet): https://my.aggressivenetworks.com

  • @DalekOfSkaro said:
    Seagate Barracuda's and some newer WD's would be much faster than this.

    7200RPM is 7200RPM is 7200RPM no matter who makes the drive.

  • netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

    Sounds like a G

  • Microlinux said: 7200RPM is 7200RPM is 7200RPM no matter who makes the drive.

    Still 260 MB/s is way too low. This is VPS Level write speed.

  • DalekOfSkaro said: Still 260 MB/s is way too low. This is VPS Level write speed.

    4 drives isn't going to do more. The rest sadly is caching and illusions.

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • Well, true, if he's getting 260 w/ oflag=direct then this makes sense, if it's without it, then it's slow. But that's just me :)

  • VPSRAIDSolutionsVPSRAIDSolutions Member without signature

    I did mention that 260 mb/s is the avg we'd get on them , my issue wasnt the hdd drives int he first place..., its the time which would be taken for the upgrade

  • WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited September 2014

    DalekOfSkaro said: Well, true, if he's getting 260 w/ oflag=direct then this makes sense, if it's without it, then it's slow. But that's just me :)

    Uh, not really.

    Why don't you take a look to understand how raid 10 parity works? It's not rocket science, the values you get can all be mathematically derived.

    Normal values will all run around 200-250 MB/s without caching, regardless of the raid card configured.

    Secondly, /dev/zero is a piss poor and predictable data source -- and is unfit for actual benching / testing. You want to simulate real world hardware load.

    direct, contrary to its namesake, is still not free from every kind of paging operation.

    Thanked by 1Corey

    -- BOFH

  • VPS4CheapVPS4Cheap Member, Provider
    edited September 2014

    I read you facebook post , you should not have spam there support and as they said you where having too many abuse complaint also so they decided not to continue any service with you and refunded your money.

    Regrading server upgrade i am with IOflood since one year having multiple nodes with them and totally satisfied with there support . Ram upgrade or disk upgrade take less than 40 minutes to do .




    High Performance KVM VPS at Cheap Price - https://qovic.com | Skype: Vivek.Murai |

  • VPSRAIDSolutionsVPSRAIDSolutions Member without signature
    edited September 2014

    Please delete the pics those are not meant to be shown here

  • VPS4CheapVPS4Cheap Member, Provider

    DC name removed as per request .

    High Performance KVM VPS at Cheap Price - https://qovic.com | Skype: Vivek.Murai |

  • What just happened?

    My personal blog: Bizzard.info
    Come join me on Diaspora, the privacy aware Social Network
  • Setup IPMI or request KVM and setup the RAID and partitions yourself.

    Life is better when you're smiling

  • @nexmark said:
    Setup IPMI or request KVM and setup the RAID and partitions yourself.

    No need now, looks like they have been shown the door for not addressing abuse tickets and excessive support requests.

  • @VPS4Cheap said:
    DC name removed as per request .

    Everyone here knows who Harry Chan is.

    Thanked by 2orak dnwk

    I'm here to collect your heart

  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member
    edited September 2014

    I don't see the problem with charging $35 to swap some drives and re-set up a raid array, seems cheap to me, do you work for free when someone asks you to do work for them that was caused through no fault of your own?

    You buy a server without remote access idrac/rilo/ipmi etc then expect them to work for free because you fucked up and ordered the wrong spec?

    Get serious please....

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com

  • drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

    Harry is one of the best providers here. All our Dallas deployment is with them. Regarding remote hands price, 35 usd is ok for os reinstall, you can do it your self via IPMI if you dont wish to pay.

    If you ask me, no real problem here.

    Thanked by 1Awmusic12635

    Unmetered servers starting from $12.00 USD p/m. Xeon® E-2134 for $50.00 p/m ||| Xeon® Silver 4110 for $80.00 p/m
    Live server stock ||| Feel free to contact me for custom deal.

  • @AnthonySmith said:
    I don't see the problem with charging $35 to swap some drives and re-set up a raid array, seems cheap to me, do you work for free when someone asks you to do work for them that was caused through no fault of your own?

    You buy a server without remote access idrac/rilo/ipmi etc then expect them to work for free because you fucked up and ordered the wrong spec?

    Get serious please....

    You can't really expect some 19 year olds to be as serious and as mature as you are. :)

    I used to come to this place for 80% of learning VPS knowledge and 20% of drama/entertainment, now it is 20% of learning and 80% of entertainment.

    Thanked by 1vimalware

    http://BornIn.Asia - FREE shared hosting and subdomain service for LET members! Click here to see how to get one yourself!
    96Forum: Low End VPS Discussions. Selling domains with GApp with various user counts (10 year reg incl. for some)

  • AnthonySmith said: You buy a server without remote access idrac/rilo/ipmi etc

    System actually has full IPMI (DRAC) access.

    -- BOFH

  • concerto49concerto49 Member
    edited September 2014

    DalComp said: Everyone here knows who Harry Chan is.

    Guess I'll reply then :) People know me these days? I mean this in a very sincere and innocent way. I still think we're small and not well known. So thanks!

    MattKC said: No need now, looks like they have been shown the door for not addressing abuse tickets and excessive support requests.

    He closed the abuse ticket himself (it's all public now so I'll talk about it that much). However the complaint is still there - we're still having abuse reports flood into our system and it's been very confusing. We all know how our spam guardian friends work. They'd block all our IP ranges if it keeps up.

    nexmark said: Setup IPMI or request KVM and setup the RAID and partitions yourself.

    AnthonySmith said: You buy a server without remote access idrac/rilo/ipmi etc then expect them to work for free because you fucked up and ordered the wrong spec?

    IPMI is provided free of charge. It's in a working condition. As to whether they want to use it or why they don't. I don't know - or rather shouldn't comment further.

    drserver said: Harry is one of the best providers here

    Thanks!

    drserver said: Regarding remote hands price, 35 usd is ok for os reinstall, you can do it your self via IPMI if you dont wish to pay.

    Yes, it's really not about it being automated or not.

    MarkTurner said: A disk swap assuming the equipment is proper kit with hotswappable drives, 5 minutes for 4 disks. Just power off, pull disks, insert disks. If its some cheapy thing with internal disks, then an hour or so to do it is probably reasonable.

    It's proper hotswappable. I'm not sure if you run a business and a facility or not. But let's go through proper processes.

    Ticket received.
    It goes in a queue.
    Engineer has to take in and read the ticket.
    Engineer has to locate the cabinet and server.
    Engineer has to get the drives.
    Unlock cabinet and replace the drives.
    Engineer puts the replaced drives back in the storage.
    Ticketed invoiced.
    Report back to client about work done.

    A lot of people might just see the meat and forget the rest of the overhead around it. Communication is key. During this process the client might have extra instructions or things haven't gone the way they should etc. Who knows.

    Shivam said: Who are you renting your Dedi from ? and wow that's pretty weird and yeah 260 is fine by my ? and by my knowledge why does he require 35$ to re-install a OS doesn't that take 1 button ?

    IPMI is provided. The server is self-managed. 1 button or 2 buttons and process above applies, it's more we've empowered the user with the ability to self-install (and Mark I agree some extra help is nice, which we'll add) and the charge is there to enforce the self-management model. We do provide management services.

    MarkTurner said: For any form of disk upgrade like that, you need to agree a cutover point - so on X day you'll have the disks and they'll be installed between these hours.

    That was it. Honestly, maybe I didn't hold his hand enough so it's my fault. I'm not sure how much has been floated on the Internet and how much more I can talk about.

    Gist is:

    • It was a sales ticket. I'm no longer even sure which ticket is what. He replied in ticket A and then suddenly we shifted to ticket B.
    • Not all staff see sales tickets. So if sales shift ended (which is only business hours) it's a bit hard.
    • We advised him many times to raise proper tickets per request and end it when they do, e.g. need a reboot then close the ticket once done. However the same ticket gets bumped and...
    • We were getting constant ticket updates. The initial tickets were worse. I often wrote half a reply and then the next ticket came in. I adjusted the reply and the next one came in yet again.

    Thanks for the support those that did!

    Whilst we're here, have some amazing Los Angeles dedicated server and colo specials!

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider
    edited September 2014

    @concerto49 said:
    Whilst we're here, have some amazing Los Angeles dedicated server and colo specials!

    Open a sales ticket I'm guessing? :)

  • trewq said: Open a ticket I'm guessing? :)

    Sure :) and looking glass is http://ca.lg.cloudshards.net

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • @concerto49 the $35 is reinstall fee or remote hands for drives upgrade? Charging for reinstallation fee is fine as the customer has been provided a free way (IPMI) to do it by himself. Charging for upgrade set up fee would be fair IMO only if it was communicated before the customer bought the upgrade.

    concerto49 said: People know me these days? I mean this in a very sincere and innocent way. I still think we're small and not well known. So thanks!

    Well, I had your dedicated for few months, other providers trust you enough to sell services using your servers, people here often tag you on dedicated server request threads. At the very least you have a name in LE community ;)

    I'm here to collect your heart

  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider

    @concerto49 said:
    Sure :) and looking glass is http://ca.lg.cloudshards.net

    Oh, you guys are in coresite now. Still 100% your own bandwidth?

  • DalComp said: @concerto49 the $35 is reinstall fee or remote hands for drives upgrade? Charging for reinstallation fee is fine as the customer has been provided a free way (IPMI) to do it by himself. Charging for upgrade set up fee would be fair IMO only if it was communicated before the customer bought the upgrade.

    Everything is communicated upfront. There is MORE to what happened in terms of the issues, but we'll keep privacy and won't go into it.

    Our process is to state our charges and have customers agree before doing work. No hidden agendas. You won't get charged for asking a question :)

    DalComp said: Well, I had your dedicated for few months, other providers trust you enough to sell services using your servers, people here often tag you on dedicated server request threads. At the very least you have a name in LE community ;)

    Thanks for being a customer, even if for a short stay! Every bit counts to me. It was a rough journey. There's no magic. We failed like everyone else in many ways. We just don't explode our issues all over the forums. Live and learn!

    trewq said: Oh, you guys are in coresite now. Still 100% your own bandwidth?

    100% own bandwidth. Have Any2 peering up too. I had so much fine asking people for peering and getting accepted. It's like building friends on Facebook :p -- except that's a social network. More transit carriers to come.

    Thanked by 1DalComp
    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • @concerto49 said:

    No amazing deals in Dallas? :-) If you tell me to open a ticket.... kidding haha.

    LowEndHelpDesk | Find help to simple questions :-)

  • catalystium said: No amazing deals in Dallas? :-) If you tell me to open a ticket.... kidding haha.

    Yeah go for it! I think we just filled our latest cabinet in Dallas. Will have to turn up another 1.

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider

    @concerto49 said:
    100% own bandwidth. Have Any2 peering up too. I had so much fine asking people for peering and getting accepted. It's like building friends on Facebook :p -- except that's a social network. More transit carriers to come.

    Nice. Was just looking at your bgp peer list and saw AARNet and was impressed. Any2 has internode, you've done well. I'll contact you over the next week or so.

  • CoreyCorey Member, Provider

    We had a few issues with Cloudshards - but maybe it was because we never paid them on time. Nonetheless I don't think they should have treated us differently than any other customer.

    BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • Corey said: We had a few issues with Cloudshards - but maybe it was because we never paid them on time. Nonetheless I don't think they should have treated us differently than any other customer.

    We'll leave your privacy intact and don't really want to get into this. You knew very well what it was. Let's leave it at that. It wasn't just not on time. We've gone above and beyond on your situation more than what anyone would already. If that's not something you took as how much we've helped you out, unfortunately not much more I can say on the issue.

    trewq said: Nice. Was just looking at your bgp peer list and saw AARNet and was impressed. Any2 has internode, you've done well. I'll contact you over the next week or so.

    We peer with HE and due to the big transit relationships TPG, it's literally just a HE away too :). Vocus is a direct peer too, which gets to a lot of the hosting services there.

    I just toured Equinix Sydney SY3, Global Switch East / West and NextDC. Hint hint, though pricing here is...

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited September 2014

    @Corey said:
    We had a few issues with Cloudshards - but maybe it was because we never paid them on time. Nonetheless I don't think they should have treated us differently than any other customer.

    I'm sure your invoice are generated days or week(s) before due date, if you're having issues paying several times then it's more of concern of why your business is unable to pay its vendors on time.

    Patrick | INIZ
  • CoreyCorey Member, Provider
    edited September 2014

    @INIZ said:
    I'm sure your invoice are generates days or week(s) before due date, if you're having issues paying several times then it's more of concern of why your business is unable to pay its vendors on time.

    Well that's a whole another issue we had with them actually with overages :). When a customer of ours peaked the gigabit port for long periods of time we were unable to access the IPMI interface on the server to catch the abuser. We opened SEVERAL tickets with them about this issue and it was never fixed.

    concerto49 said: We'll leave your privacy intact and don't really want to get into this. You knew very well what it was. Let's leave it at that. It wasn't just not on time. We've gone above and beyond on your situation more than what anyone would already. If that's not something you took as how much we've helped you out, unfortunately not much more I can say on the issue.

    No I appreciate how lenient you were on the invoices, but the issue with the IPMI was never resolved, ticket replies did take a long time usually.

    We left you with all invoices paid and on a good note I thought.

    BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • CoreyCorey Member, Provider
    edited September 2014

    merged to other post ^^

    BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • Corey said: Well that's a whole another issue we had with them actually with overages :)

    I don't want to dig into please. It wasn't that and let's not get started.

    Corey said: When a customer of ours peaked the port we were unable to access the IPMI interface on the server to catch the abuser. We opened SEVERAL tickets with them about this issue and it was never fixed.

    I assure you we tried. You knew who the data center was and for privacy reasons I won't go on further, but we've done our best in the area. You're free to keep your opinion on it, but the actual story is a little different. Again, for your sake I rather not go into it.

    We constantly improve. We're at Coresite now in Los Angeles for a reason. Won't be fault free though. Everyone makes mistakes. It is about how it gets fixed.

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited September 2014

    trewq said: Any2 has internode

    Not on the route servers, no. We've contacted them for private peering, and got the go ahead though.

    Just waiting for it to be set up on their side.

    v6_iiNet_peer            4739          0          0     0 Never    Active
    v4_iiNet_peer            4739          0          0     0 Never    Active
    

    -- BOFH

  • CoreyCorey Member, Provider
    edited September 2014

    concerto49 said: I assure you we tried. You knew who the data center was and for privacy reasons I won't go on further, but we've done our best in the area. You're free to keep your opinion on it, but the actual story is a little different. Again, for your sake I rather not go into it.

    We constantly improve. We're at Coresite now in Los Angeles for a reason. Won't be fault free though. Everyone makes mistakes. It is about how it gets fixed.

    It was never made known to me that this particular datacenter wouldn't accommodate you with our IPMI issue. I thought it was your fault.

    I do remember them raising the prices on you though mid term and we all had to absorb the extra costs.

    BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • Corey said: It was never made known to me that this particular provider wouldn't accommodate you with our IPMI issue. I thought it was your fault.

    Drop me an email or IM. We'll discuss there if you're interested. We'll leave it at that. Unless you want to get banned :p

    Serving you the best VPS, Web hosting, dedicated servers and more - Cloud Shards | Query Foundry
    We operate the network AS62638 | Available in Syd AU and Dallas, Los Angeles and NYC USA
  • concerto49 said: IPMI is provided free of charge. It's in a working condition. As to whether they want to use it or why they don't. I don't know - or rather shouldn't comment further.

    I did not know the server was through you guys, had nothing but great service myself though so this in my mind points to unfair expectations by the OP.

    I am no longer active here, find me at https://talk.lowendspirit.com

  • CoreyCorey Member, Provider

    Drop me an email or IM. We'll discuss there if you're interested. We'll leave it at that. Unless you want to get banned :p

    haha i understand that!

    BitAccel - OpenVZ VPS / IRC,VPN,Anything Legal & Unrivaled Support!
  • trewqtrewq Administrator, Moderator, Provider

    @Wintereise said:

    >

    I did a traceroute from your looking glass to my home ip and it went through Any2. Not the other way though, it goes through Tokyo...

    traceroute to 162.248.96.101 (162.248.96.101), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
     1  home.gateway.home.gateway (192.168.0.1)  3.115 ms  3.182 ms  3.262 ms
     2  loop0.lns20.hba1.on.ii.net (203.33.255.118)  27.839 ms  29.336 ms  30.535 ms
     3  xe-0-1-0.cr1.hba1.on.ii.net (150.101.33.128)  32.007 ms  32.815 ms  33.797 ms
     4  ae3.cr1.mel4.on.ii.net (150.101.33.46)  158.673 ms  159.321 ms  160.760 ms
     5  ae2.br1.syd7.on.ii.net (150.101.33.28)  62.398 ms  103.640 ms  103.643 ms 6  po-0-7-2-0.br1.nrt1.on.ii.net (150.101.33.201)  165.770 ms  159.083 ms  159.179 ms
     7  xe-0-0-0-2.r00.tokyjp03.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (61.120.146.177)  160.208 ms  151.128 ms  150.507 ms
     8  ae-14.r24.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.232)  188.996 ms ae-12.r25.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.4)  183.088 ms ae-14.r24.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.232)  189.343 ms
     9  ae-1.r20.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.210)  157.190 ms ae-2.r20.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.214)  157.924 ms ae-1.r20.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.6.210)  159.073 ms
    10  ae-0.pccw.tokyjp05.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.66.14)  190.346 ms  191.179 ms  192.314 ms
    11  Giglinx.TenGigE0-2-0-19.br03.lax05.pccwbtn.net (63.218.212.126)  234.537 ms  235.362 ms  236.315 ms
    12  * * *
    13  75-97-248-162-static.reverse.queryfoundry.net (162.248.97.75)  224.931 ms  223.559 ms  224.237 ms
    14  ca.lg.cloudshards.net (162.248.96.101)  253.936 ms  258.273 ms  252.537 ms
    
  • WintereiseWintereise Member
    edited September 2014

    trewq said: I did a traceroute from your looking glass to my home ip and it went through Any2. Not the other way though, it goes through Tokyo...

    Appears the Any2Easy table is outdated, then.

    The inbound should shortly be fixed, once the sessions are up.

    Thanks!

    Edit,

    Actually, no. It goes us -> pccw -> any2 internode.

    It'll be us -> any2 internode once this is done.

    My bad.

    -- BOFH

This discussion has been closed.