Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transfering the whole cpanel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Transfering the whole cpanel?

Hello everyone.
I can see that some of the hosting providers are offering free transfer. Am planing to move my server but vps installed on it with cpanel and I have like 200gb data, Virtualizor installed, over 200 subdomains. You think this will transfer someone without a problem? Ill need also to have the same passwords and the databases should be also there. Please suggest me something.

Comments

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited September 2014

Hi,

You can use the cPanel migration tool to transfer your entire server - i'm pretty sure that it'll
    handle it.

Shouldn't need to worry about the databases or passwords and such, it'll just be excatly the same, all the customer needs to do is transfer the DNS to there newly housed cPanel service.

Or if there on your NS just update your IP's and the customers domains will be moved automatically.

• I did this before, everything works like a charm with the migration tool.

• cPanel migration is pretty awesome, I would suggest not using the express copy option. It will suspend the site on the server that the site is being copied from.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • I would just use the built in migration tool as others outlined.

• I just migrated about 100G of data from an old cpanel server to a newer one with the transfer tool, went well.

• charliecharlie Member, Host Rep

You can use Cpanel built in transfer feature, or simply use rsync to copy all data from old server to new.

• Thank you everyone!