Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vultr germany down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vultr germany down?

My traceroute  [v0.82]

webserver (0.0.0.0) Sat Sep 13 13:48:43 2014

Keys: Help Display mode Restart statistics Order of fields quit

Packets               Pings

Host Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev

1. myip 0.0% 16 24.7 6.8 0.5 24.7 6.8

2. gw-cdlan-2.prometeus.cdlan.net 0.0% 16 0.5 0.8 0.4 3.0 0.8

3. 212.73.241.129 0.0% 16 0.3 0.6 0.2 5.1 1.2

4. ???

5. ???

6. ???

7. xe-10-0-1.fra44.ip4.gtt.net 0.0% 16 8.8 8.9 8.8 9.0 0.1

8. xe-5-1-0.fra61.ip4.gtt.net 0.0% 16 9.8 9.8 9.8 10.2 0.1

9. choopa-gw.ip4.gtt.net 53.3% 16 33.1 35.4 33.1 37.4 1.5

1. 108.61.210.117.vultr.com 60.0% 15 35.2 35.7 34.8 36.5 0.7

Comments

• Looks like GTT is throwing up.

• all my services & websites down.

• Are Vultr only using GTT in Frankfurt?

• Oppsss ..... Sad news. :(

• tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited September 2014

From their support. I think their approach on DDoS is very bad, they don't nullroute at all, they just tank attacks and count the bandwidth. That's not a way to keep a network stable.

• Noticed the same issue 2 days ago and looks like it repeats today ... unfortunately

• @DaveA Can you comment on what upstreams you have at each location? In London I only see Level3.

• @artv said:
    Noticed the same issue 2 days ago and looks like it repeats today ... unfortunately

same

• @artv said:
    Noticed the same issue 2 days ago and looks like it repeats today ... unfortunately

There was a small downtime in Frankfurt 2 days ago, but that was resolved quickly:

• artvartv Member
    edited September 2014

@tr1cky said:

It was resolved quickly agree :)
  • NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

That is bad, when a DDOS nearly kills all located services.

• Infinity580 said: That is bad, when a DDOS nearly kills all located services.

I assume the attack is targeting a core router.

• @kcaj - The attack destabilized the routers. We typically have automated null routing but due to a software glitch on the routers it is not currently implemented in Frankfurt. We plan to have this fixed in the coming days.

• It would still be interesting at which destinations you are singlehomed and/or multihomed!

• Their support is funny, as well. Speaking of a recent and in the case of this topic, an entirely different matter: I wanted to have the Intel 1000 driver set for all my VPSes. The response?

You can change anything you want on the vps. Please note: our services are all self-managed.

Orly?

• @k0nsl said:
    Their support is funny, as well. Speaking of a recent and in the case of this topic, an entirely different matter: I wanted to have the Intel 1000 driver set for all my VPSes. The response?
    Orly?

Nothing bad against VULTR, but i have the something similar situation after 30-seconds when my services get down, i did send to them different metrics (winmtr tables) from in/outside VPS, and they said to me:

"Can you send to us winmtr metrics, and more details:)"

I hope, they just very fresh, they will rock later.

I suggest to them:

1.) Change their community to another board.

2.) Add more guides and tutorials on the main website.

3.) Add EXTRA action before dangerous manipulations with VPS, like typing "DELETE" world in input area to complete action for removing instance.

:))

Thanked by 1Cpt_Ben