Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google offers $100,000 credit for startups ( valid 1 year)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google offers $100,000 credit for startups ( valid 1 year)

upfreakupfreak Member
edited September 2014 in Providers

Google is offering startups $100,000 in credit if they're willing to power their apps using Google's cloud services, rather than the competition.

The $100,000 cloud credit is good for one year, and program participants can mix and match from any of Google's services, including App Engine, Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, BigQuery, Google's translation and machine-learning APIs, and more.

https://cloud.google.com/developers/startups/

what is the catch?

1. Companies that have received previous Cloud Platform credits need not apply.

2. it's only for real startups. To qualify, a company must have received less than $5m in funding and earn less than $500,000 in annual revenue.

3. Companies can't apply for the program on their own. Google only wants to work with approved accelerators, incubators, and venture funds, and it has asked startups to contact whichever one they're working with if they'd like to participate.

Google is working with more than 50 global partners to provide the offer, but if a startup is working with a fund, incubator, or accelerator that isn't involved, it can contact Google by email to get its partner added to the list.

Comments

• That's not very much.

• Google wants to rope them in while they are young and impressionable.

Thanked by 2netomx TriDoxiuM
  • I love how being a "real startup" means you have take fubding, gone are the days that a start up meant you made a product with little to no funding and the funding was a bank load or your parents life savings.

• @wojons said:
    I love how being a "real startup" means you have take fubding, gone are the days that a start up meant you made a product with little to no funding and the funding was a bank load or your parents life savings.

I snorted when I read that part. I find it hard to think of a company that's received millions in seed funding a "real startup".

• @Detruire said:
    I snorted when I read that part. I find it hard to think of a company that's received millions in seed funding a "real startup".

So you think its funny?

• Credit for going jail..

• This only benefits Google.

• American companies never gave a penny just for fun