Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone here who creates accounts manually?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone here who creates accounts manually?

subigosubigo Member
edited June 2012 in General

Do any of you manually create/suspend/delete hosting accounts? And when I say manually, I mean manually... to the point where you don't even store server login information inside of your billing script (whmcs or whatever you use).

And while we're on that subject, how many of you have separate billing and support systems?

Comments

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I do it for a custom location, not listed on our site.

• TazTaz Member

Used to have 2 different system ( 1 for billing 1 for support) but that is it. i preffer to mix em at once place now a days.

• JacobJacob Member

Provisioning is automatic, Along with suspensions.

Terminations and Cancellations are done manually, When I have time I usually do them.

• Manual provisioning here sir. We use a remote cloud hosted billing system and wrote up our own order/support system.

• TazTaz Member

@GetKVM_ASH https://getkvm.com/support/
    Nice template. Where did ya get that from?

• It's just built upon bootstrap :)

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

@subigo said: Do any of you manually create/suspend/delete hosting accounts?

That is so 1995 :) I do remember those days, sticking 400-500 web accounts on a Pentium with 16mb of ram with FreeBSD, static IP for each site.

But actually I started in 95 with peachtree for accounting, blew that up quickly, moved to timeslips, took a little longer to blow that to bits, and then started using Platypus (http://www.ispbilling.com/) and found so many accounts that had fallen through the cracks, the $4,000 I had paid for Platypus was recouped in the 1st month.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Unproductive workflows aren't quite my thing. The less time spent on things that are easily automated, the more time spent on the things that aren't flawlessly automated (security audits, release notes, etc).