Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com
Cheers to RamNode & Nick A
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Cheers to RamNode & Nick A

jnguyenjnguyen Member
edited September 2014 in Reviews

Thank you RamNode & @Nick_A for tanking the DDoS against our Solus panel on our NYC VPS for us, and for increasing your protection on the node when it crashed from the DDoS instead of kicking us out.

Really appreciated, and top notch service!

I should send over a gift basket and some cookies. :)

Thanked by 1netomx

Comments

• Now now LET, I know you want to jump on this thread and turn it into another GVH bandwagon thread, but don't do it. Just let the thread pass by as any other thread should, and continue on your normal daily business / lives.

@jnguyen : Glad you could find somewhere that you're not under attack as easily.

Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
    GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• BradBrad Member, Provider

You're just saying "come get me".

Thanked by 1k0nsl
  • GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

@Brad said:
    You're just saying "come get me".

@GoodHosting said:
    Now now LET, I know you want to jump on this thread and turn it into another GVH bandwagon thread, but don't do it. Just let the thread pass by as any other thread should, and continue on your normal daily business / lives.

GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• Nice advert for GVH.

• DarioXDarioX Member
    edited September 2014

I have an idea for you!

Close GVH and use the domain to permanently redirect to Ramnode!

Wouldn't that be great?

• hoczajhoczaj Member
    edited September 2014

nevermind :)

• You should just do a full review of Ramnode's services.... :P

https://o0.nz - A free and fast image host. Powered by a Bunny and a Pony!

Thanked by 2netomx jvnadr
  • wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

@Nekki / @mpkossen pretty sure this doesn't meet the new review rules or fit into the providers section guidelines?

Thanked by 1vladka24

Taking a hiatus.

• It's not even posted under Reviews, you guys are all bandwagon trolls.

Thanked by 2J1021 netomx

• jnguyenjnguyen Member
    edited September 2014

This isn't by any means an attempt at self-promotion, I just wanted to make a public thread saying thank you out of my appreciation.

The ticket went like this, basically:

We've had our site hosted with them since January 14, 2014, when they saved us at that time from a DDoS attack against our website & client area. Everything has gone smoothly since then with high performance servers, a great network, real DDoS protection, and really prompt service.

So there's my review. :)

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited September 2014

@jnguyen wait, do you know what "took down" means? So you were the issue behind the downtime of NYCSVZ8 and you post it public?

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

@Infinity580 said:
    jnguyen wait, do you know what "took down" means? So you were the issue behind the downtime of NYCSVZ8 and you post it public?

What, he got DDoSed? That's hardly the client's fault. </endquote>

As much as I hate defending GVH, you guys sure are making this easy.

Thanked by 2netomx challengeke

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited September 2014

@GoodHosting but as he said GVH is a DDOS Magnet and 10Gbit is enought? Sounds like you need something cheap and missed OVH and other people with there vps's get affected also.

• @Infinity580 said:

Oh the irony, the OVH is what was the major player in DDoSing us (GoodHosting) when we moved FROM OVH, to Centerra (upon recommendation by @Serverian .)

• I've never claimed us to be a ddos magnet

• NeoonNeoon Member
    edited September 2014

@jnguyen but that sounds like you are a DDOS Magnet "series" and you posted some time ago that your Mainpage vent under DDOS.

• Going to give you guys a try, seems like you've got some nice cheap IP's for 25 cents each :)

• @Infinity580 said:

• @Infinity580 it is ridiculous to hold GVH to account for a DDoS attack against them. The blame for DDoS attacks should always lay firmly with whoever is orchestrating the attack/s.

• There is nothing wrong with it, but when the DDOS is so Big as it sounds like from Nick that the Node died (was taken down) seems like its not the right protection? or to small?

• @GoodHosting said:

• GoodHosting facepalms.

I lol'd.

Thanked by 1netomx

Is inflation really at 0.5%? What a conundrum...

eddynetweb.net | DigitalOcean referral.

• @Infinity580 said:
    There is nothing wrong with it, but when the DDOS is so Big as it sounds like from Nick that the Node died (was taken down) seems like its not the right protection? or to small?

Not really, Staminus is not "always on" protection, they are a protection with scrubbing centers that offloads your traffic onto their datacenters during an attack, you can also create firewall rules for some permanent mitigation (depending on what level of package you have with them.) Therein, @Nick_A created a simple "REJECT UDP" rule, and the problem was solved.

I don't see how this is rocket surgery.

• Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

@Infinity580 said:
    There is nothing wrong with it, but when the DDOS is so Big as it sounds like from Nick that the Node died (was taken down) seems like its not the right protection? or to small?

The default filtering doesn't handle all attack patterns the same. Some of the attack leaked through until I applied some changes.

On a side note, @jnguyen, as much as I appreciate positive reviews, you probably should not have posted this publicly. You are being hit much harder now after making yourself more of a target.

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection
  • @Nick_A said:
    On a side note, jnguyen, as much as I appreciate positive reviews, you probably should not have posted this publicly. You are being hit much harder now after making yourself more of a target.

Ouups.

• @AnthonySmith No need for that.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • AlexanderMAlexanderM Top Provider
    edited September 2014

Thanked by 1coolnow

HostUS | OpenVZ & KVM VPS in 10 worldwide locations with our own Breeze Panel!
    AS7489 | View our network | LIR Services - IPv4, IPv6, ASN | Latest Special Offers!

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited September 2014

@jnguyen please check my ticket about the extra IP's i've ordered, still waiting for a reply. And NOPE, i don't have patience.

• @AnthonySmith might want to edit your post.

Thanked by 1netomx

I ❤ Laravel

• wychwych Member
    edited September 2014

I think @AnthonySmith got his point across.

@Nick_A said:
    On a side note, jnguyen, as much as I appreciate positive reviews, you probably should not have posted this publicly. You are being hit much harder now after making yourself more of a target.

He just likes drama.

Thanked by 1AnthonySmith

Taking a hiatus.

• RamNode cooperates with GVH? Won't ever buy a RamNode product again.

tsdns.io - free, redundant, DDoS-protected TSDNS

• @tr1cky said:
    RamNode cooperates with GVH? Won't ever buy a RamNode product again.

GVH purchased RamNode services*

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @tr1cky said:

Ramnode offer a service, and GVH paid for that service. Why should Ramnode turn a customer down?

Thanked by 1netomx

Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
    Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• @tr1cky said:

Why? To RN they are a paying customer, and thus should be treated as anyone else would be.

Thanked by 1netomx

Taking a hiatus.

• alexhalexh Member
    edited September 2014

tr1cky said: Won't ever buy a RamNode product again.

Yep, moving my services away this morning too. < /sarcasm>

Thanked by 1netomx
  • MunMun Member without signature
    edited September 2014

@tr1cky said:
    @alexh said:
    [that's better]

Really guys? Are you that childish? Come on now.... sigh

• alexh said: tr1cky said: Won't ever buy a RamNode product again.

Yep, moving my services away this morning too.

What a moronic attitude you two have.

• @kcaj said:
    What a moronic attitude you two have.

Some people don't get business.

Thanked by 2hostnoob Amitz

Taking a hiatus.

• A darn shame.

Is inflation really at 0.5%? What a conundrum...

eddynetweb.net | DigitalOcean referral.

• @Nick_A knows his shit.

A+

Hello, my name is Cloromorpho and i am a LEB addict.

• @GoodHosting

This was posted in reviews, but his post dont fit the review guidelines, I already flagged this post.

Signature goes here.

• Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

@tr1cky said:

Cooperate? He bought a VPS from us with DDoS filtering like anyone else would. We do the same sort of filter tweaking for anyone who has a Staminus IP with us as needed.

RamNode: High Performance Cloud VPS
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - DDoS Protection
  • @Stevie said:
    This was posted in reviews, but his post dont fit the review guidelines, I already flagged this post.

Odd, I saw it in Providers at one point; now it's under Reviews again.

Although, he did post screenshots of the ticket, so technically it's a review now.

• @jnguyen If I were you, I would ask @mpkossen to close this thread...

I am here occasionally nowadays, because I really prefer https://talk.lowendspirit.com . You should try it, it is fat-free, delicious with fresh ingredients combined with the deep knowledge of the old chefs!

• I just find it a tad ironic that he can't rely on his own "best in class" dc to host his own site. Really says something when you put your customers in a dc you can't rely on to host your own site. And it has nothing to do with redundancy here, he went to ramnode after cc (and his own "level3 techs") were unable to keep his site/server online. Whmcs hacks, Solusvm hacks, ddos attacks. All have required people outside his staff/dc to fix.

Thanked by 2davidhezzler zimbo
  • @jnguyen Never got my $50 credit from your last sham of a thread. What gives?

• @davidhezzler said:
    jnguyen Never got my $50 credit from your last sham of a thread. What gives?

http://tbx.me/IQB.png

Could have something to do with it I imagine

Thanked by 1Spencer
  • @MattKC said:
    I just find it a tad ironic that he can't rely on his own "best in class" dc to host his own site. Really says something when you put your customers in a dc you can't rely on to host your own site.

Actually, it's called redundancy. Most providers host their main site on a different provider in case something happens to their personal nodes that their website is still up for clients to be able to get notifications of down time. It's a lot more secure, and it's just a way for providers to work together and establish good relations. I see nothing wrong with it, if anything I'm more inclined to host with a provider that is willing to diversify and cooperate with his fellow competitors.

Thanked by 3ElliotJ hostnoob ATHK
  • Seems like GVH is just ignoring my order of extra IPs. Also they're ignoring my damn ticket. Lost $3, oh well, let's move on!

• @iKeyZ said:
    Could have something to do with it I imagine

He shouldn't offer a coupon with no strings attached then. Guess we can continue the hate site at least since there is no reason to revisit him without the credit.

This discussion has been closed.