Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for RTO ( Rent - To - Own )
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for RTO ( Rent - To - Own )

Should be a E3 / E5 with a raid + BBU SSD max ram 32 / 64 GB shoot me your offers , tenure 12~36 months

Comments

• Shoot an email to the guys at Dacentec with what you want and they'll get back to you.

Thanked by 1VPSRAIDSolutions
  • TY for info

• I have a rto server with dacentec, can't complain...

• I think @concerto49 may be able to offer some RTO's.

• Dacentec is the most unfriendly about RTO, especially when you want to ship it back.

Not even a dignity of a macro, no URL, no nothing. "Call UPS". Ok, who? What? Where do I get this label printed up. Do I tell the people on the phone "Dacentec in Lenoire"

Network quality has improved but they're so stupid they can't even charge a credit card without charging it 2 or 3 times. Now they tell me to pay with Paypal only rather than FIX it.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

1+ for dacentec

• How does dacentec work exactly, their $99 E3 1230v2 server cost ~$1050 a year and the hardware cost itself is almost (or more than) that.

Thanked by 1doughmanes
  • No idea how they do it but they have some deals. Assuming they'll bank on you continuing colo after the server itself is paid off.

They had a $90 e3-1230v2 with 16GB of ram last week sometime.

• @Caveman122 said:
    How does dacentec work exactly, their $99 E3 1230v2 server cost ~$1050 a year and the hardware cost itself is almost (or more than) that.

Promotion. Advertising budget.

• @concerto49 said:
    Promotion. Advertising budget.

Are you saying they are on sale right now? And the cost is coming out of promotion budget? Nothing they sell right now seem to be profitable if people request to retrieve the hardware after a year.

• @concerto49

You provide R-T-O ?? can you reply me on the current ticket about it if so ?

• ProfforgProfforg Member
    edited September 2014

Caveman122 said: How does dacentec work exactly, their $99 E3 1230v2 server cost ~$1050 a year and the hardware cost itself is almost (or more than) that.

They are using green technologies which downs the costs of power to zero. Also they located in the state with low prices for energy. Just like OVH do.
    They are buying servers bulk, massively. So - huge discounts.

So, they only pay for network. But they have all of shared ports. So i guess it's 10-20 GBps per their data-center. Very little port, so they pay's only a little.

Also i guess, most of people do not ship their servers, because the cost of shipping can be too high.

• i was wondering how much would their ip allocation cost / how is their service and etc , any reviews on them ?? have heard a few bad ones

• Been using their services for some time, not really had any major issues.

A few providers here use them as well.

Here is the extra's page that shows IP costs and other things: https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/index.php?/cart/extras/&step=0

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited September 2014

I can highly recommend Dacentec.

I started with their RTO (also known as LTO). Absolutely no problems. 2 minor outages in 365 days. Quite a few network upgrades; the network is even better.

After over a year and becoming a pure colo, upgraded to newer hardware. They even increased the monthly bandwidth allocation for free!

If they had more locations offering 1U colo, I would jump at the chance. And, I rarely have multiple locations with a single provider. I have yet to find another RTO or colo with another vendor that was as positive an experience. (I do have other colo with another vendor and have 2 more coming on line in the next few weeks because I want geographic/network/provider diversity)

No other affiliation with Dacentec other than currently being a satisfied customer for almost 2 years.

EDIT: Some other vendors can be "talked into" offering RTO but no one that I found can come close to Dacentec's bang-for-the-buck. (I had Server Stadium LTO, and also made inquiries to numerous vendors for RTO/LTO).

Thanked by 1lukesUbuntu
  • @VPSRAIDSolutions said:
    geekalot thank you

@VPSRAIDSolutions, you are welcome. I'd suggest giving Dacentec a shot; it is relatively low risk as you cancel anytime (sort of a "try before you buy" in case you decide to put your own hardware together and just do pure colo rather than completing the RTO).

Cheers

• Caveman122 said: Are you saying they are on sale right now? And the cost is coming out of promotion budget? Nothing they sell right now seem to be profitable if people request to retrieve the hardware after a year.

Yeah a lot of the deals is to sharpen their books and promote the data center. It's often not new hardware either.

• @Caveman122 said:
    How does dacentec work exactly, their $99 E3 1230v2 server cost ~$1050 a year and the hardware cost itself is almost (or more than) that.

Isn't this server on eBay similar to the $99/month Dacentec one? If so, then Dacentec should still make a profit, even though it may be small, after service charges and so forth.

• geekalotgeekalot Member
    edited September 2014

@sumo said:
    Isn't this server on eBay similar to the $99/month Dacentec one? If so, then Dacentec should still make a profit, even though it may be small, after service charges and so forth.

Exactly. Many of these vendors are simply buying servers on eBay in bulk (i.e., 500 or 1000 etc), getting a deep discount, and then renting them out. RTO/LTO pays for the hardware, plus profit, and gets rid of it at the end of the lease if the customer ships it out.

• where is location you are looking for RTO

• @vpsplaza

im not being picky at the moment shoot me anything anywhere

• we can have this at singapore or malaysia

• shoot me ur config in private

@vpsplaza

• @geekalot said:
    Exactly. Many of these vendors are simply buying servers on eBay in bulk (i.e., 500 or 1000 etc), getting a deep discount, and then renting them out. RTO/LTO pays for the hardware, plus profit, and gets rid of it at the end of the lease if the customer ships it out.

It makes sense since they probably don't want to maintain the hardware after the one year warranty is over. For customers, at least you get hardware to redeploy after the year for $50 + shipping.

Looks like the best value is to get the highest value server/price at the time of ordering since it's a pretty fixed fee at the end to get it shipped to you.

• Actually if you continue to 'rent' the hardware after its yours instead of moving it to colo/taking it its basically like insurance and they will replace anything if something happens.

• @catalystium said:
    Actually if you continue to 'rent' the hardware after its yours instead of moving it to colo/taking it its basically like insurance and they will replace anything if something happens.

At least for the E3 at $99, it would be less to have 2 of those after the RTO term is over and then choose to colocate it since it looks like that would be 2 X $40. The cheaper ones, yeah it would make sense.

• Profforg said: They are using green technologies which downs the costs of power to zero

LOL!? Since when do green technologies bring power costs to zero.

Thanked by 2Mark_R TriDoxiuM
  • dacentecdacentec Member, Host Rep

Thanks for the questions and comments.

doughmanes, sorry to hear about your problems. PM with your customer ID or ticket, I'd like to know where we failed you.

• Our model is sustainable and we have been around for years. If a server has the word 'Special' in the title it might be limited quantity or something we do for the holidays, but those are rare.

• We do offer a 7 day refund policy for accounts without SPAM or abuse, no cancellation notice, no overage charges and cancel anytime, we try to be the 'customer first' host.

The unrack, packing and box are up on Extras now.
    https://billing.dacentec.com/hostbill/?cmd=cart&action=add&id=186

The RTO is our way of continually earning our customers trust and provides entrepreneurs with a path to move up the value chain.
    http://wiki.dacentec.com/index.php?title=Rent_to_Own

The DDoS protection is in beta already, we hear you.

What would be the most popular second location to have Dacentec?