Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iPhone 6* & Apple Watch Discussion! - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iPhone 6* & Apple Watch Discussion!

Comments

• After several years NFC comes to iPhone 6 as well! Innovation!

Thanked by 1netomx
  • The iPhone information is so scattered, kinda hard to figure out. # of cores? RAM? All I see is stuff about the display. Is it even sapphire coated? Why are they comparing the new iphone with a phone from 2007 and saying it's up to 50% faster?

zoliben said: After several years NFC comes to iPhone 6 as well! Innovation!

Yeah I was watching the livestream and just facepalmed.

• ChrisMillerChrisMiller Member
    edited September 2014

The iWatch is real! :)

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited September 2014

@black said:
    The iPhone information is so scattered, kinda hard to figure out. # of cores? RAM? All I see is stuff about the display. Is it even sapphire coated? Why are they comparing the new iphone with a phone from 2007 and saying it's up to 50% faster?

Dual Core, 1GB RAM, 760p 4.5" screen and yup, I was like "84x performance what the hell? that's impressive" until I realised they were comparing it to the 1st iPhone

• droid trolling and trollers.... wow wow wow..

if you have a bug shit OS, not even 100 GB RAM can help, guys spec has nothing much to do with real life performance... experience iPhone, experience the difference !!

@zoliben said:
    After several years NFC comes to iPhone 6 as well! Innovation!

yes now we can see people really start using NFC... that is called trust, loyalty...

• At the risk of being called a troll, the iWatch looks cheap as hell for what I'm sure will be a premium price.

The chattering class laud Apple for innovation and they couldn't even be bothered to try to make a round watch?

• baaaa

theverge.com/2014/9/3/6102347/people-are-lining-up-for-the-iphone-6-already-WHAT

• blackblack Member
    edited September 2014

My previous phone was an iPhone. I have experienced the "difference."

If people start to use NFC, it's more like faith than trust or loyalty.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

zoliben said: After several years NFC comes to iPhone 6 as well! Innovation!

Pales next to that wrap-around OLED screen on the new Apple Watch.

Er...

Apple Watch is sure going to be popular among emo teens. "Listen to my heartbeat!"

• @raindog308 said:

Well, I'm not an android fanboy either. I used to have a Samsung Galaxy S for 3 and a half years but tha last 2 years were really a pain in the arse. I won't buy android again unless they pull out something amazing. I won't spend a fortune on an iphone either. I guess I'll stick to my old nokia phone :)

black said: # of cores? RAM?

Who cares?

I don't get why people care about phone hardware specs like this. Screen size, pixels, etc. OK, but you can't really get at or interact with the hardware, so who cares? On my PC, I'm very interested in the CPU and RAM - because it can multitask and run a wide variety of both desktop and server software.

On my phone, anyone who writes an app is going to test that it works on current models (particularly in the uniform Apple world). Mobile devices are black boxes. People might say "this graphic-intensive game runs great on the iPad Air, but only so-so on the iPad 2" but they don't say "you need at least a 1Ghz processor with 1GB of RAM".

• peeyespeeyes Member
    edited September 2014

@raindog308 said:
    Who cares?

made the point!

people should really compare phone functionality, how efficient, fast and smooth it is and from the usability point, not by H/W spec. If my OS doesn't need 1gb of RAM to run smoothly why should care about 1gb or 512mb

• I need to order something for my daughter on the apple store, when will the numbfucks open it back up again? Is closing down the store something they do every time there is a speech like this?

P.S - Steve Jobs will be turning in his grave, the Iphone 5 is quite nice, that 6 looks cheap and the price says that too of course.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I need to order something for my daughter on the apple store, when will the numbfucks open it back up again? Is closing down the store something they do every time there is a speech like this?

P.S - Steve Jobs will be turning in his grave, the Iphone 5 is quite nice, that 6 looks cheap and the price says that too of course.

why how much is the 6?

• $349 for a watch is expensiveeeee

• I just seen something flash up that said the most expensive Iphone 6+ is $499

• Apple site is back up with all the new shit on show.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I just seen something flash up that said the most expensive Iphone 6+ is $499

On a horrendous contract no doubt.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • They finally got rid of their 5+ years old shadowy outdated menu bar. This one doesn't look very good anyways. How hard would it have been to make it responsive?

• The funny thing is that safari crashes on the ipad when I try to load up Apple's website. I hope they get the irony.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • @Nekki said:
    On a horrendous contract no doubt.

2 year contract apparently.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    2 year contract apparently.

I think that qualifies as horrendous.

Thanked by 1netomx

Nekki said: I think that qualifies as horrendous.

Actually, it's completely typical. I think all iPhones and most smartphones in the US are sold with a 2-year contract. Otherwise, no subsidy and you're going to pay full price - probably $700ish for the cheapest 16GB model.

Spencer said: $349 for a watch is expensiveeeee

Particularly because you have to have an iPhone also. They mentioned that a couple times in passing, but it will take a while for it to sink into articles. Without an iPhone (which presumably you're also carrying around, hence...why do I need a watch?) the device's utility is pretty limited - just a fancy FitBit.

And it has to be an iPhone - you can't tether it to an Android.

• and... you can get a same spec android tablet for 1/3 price of crapple. yes keep paying 2/3 more just to have the apple name......... lol

• @Stevie said:
    and... you can get a same spec android tablet for 1/3 price of crapple. yes keep paying 2/3 more just to have the apple name......... lol

Careful, using logic makes you an android fanboy.

• @soulchief
    Lol I dont like android all that much ether, but atleast android complies with the GNU license, unlike Crapple IPHonez, I will LOL so much once china hacks apple firmware and makes EyePhones :-D

• @raindog308 said:
    Actually, it's completely typical.

I know it's typical, I just think it's horrendous to be tied to a contract of that length.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@Nekki said:
    I know it's typical, I just think it's horrendous to be tied to a contract of that length.

Ha! Corporate contracts in Mexico are just 12 months :)

And no, I'm not tired of saying those good things about Mexico

• Do they allow you to customize the operating system at least a little in iOS 8? Or is it the same o' same locked down experience?

• raindog308 said: In rainy weather, having to look at your phone (or talk to it in non-cell areas) to skip to the next track is a nonstarter.

Let me preface this with the disclaimer that I am not trying to make this an Apple vs. Android thing -- both platforms are good choices and have their equal share of pros and cons -- but water resistance is definitely my single most favorite thing about my Galaxy S5. Being able to pull it out in the rain without worrying is something that seems minor most of the time, but when it's raining, it's pretty huge.

Thanked by 1netomx