Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

WHMCS

RandyRandy Member
edited June 2012 in General

how many of you, would like a staff chat system in whmcs? vote for my idea?

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited June 2012

Kinda useless for companies who work in an office, voip phones are better.

• TaylorTaylor Member

Im sure another off site solution would be better in case of a system error etc This is when staff would need to communicate urgently.

• Who needs this when you have a cup and string?

• RandyRandy Member

when u have alot of staff and your office is as big as HostDime? :D

• @Randy said: when u have alot of staff and your office is as big as HostDime? :D

Get multiple cups and loads of string.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited June 2012

@MrLadoodle said: Who needs this when you have a cup and string?

what is this sorcery?

I was more thinking messenger pigeons or just good old fashion snail mail.

Thanked by 1MrAndroid
  • RandyRandy Member

what if i cut all the strings? :P

• rds100rds100 Member

Then you get free space attenuation and need to speak louder.

• No reason for a staff chat in WHMCS...

• TaylorTaylor Member

@Boltersdriveer said: No reason for a staff chat in WHMCS...

>

Thats right, when you only have one staff member :P

• Just use company gTalk.

• inb4 carrier pidgeon RFC

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited June 2012

I would love to see an addon where the staff can right up information reports for other staff to read. The "Staff Noticeboard" add-on they offer is nice for quick notes, but not very good for organizing daily notes (i.e. notes from the nightshift to the dayshift and dayshift to the nightshift). Right now we're using Google Docs but since switching to Google Drive it's been nothing but a nightmare to use (Google seems to be moving away from the idea of collaboration that Google Docs had). So maybe instead of a chat add-on a shoutbox-type add-on would be better suited for some people.

• @Taylor: Even so, there are other mediums that are better for a company chat than within WHMCS itself. Notes is a great tool, but it's only personal though.

• RandyRandy Member
    edited June 2012

notes is a greataddon. livechat is real time

• TazTaz Member

@Randy unless you have remote staff in some long distant country , I do not see the usage. Also you can use gtalk, hangout Skype and.more.
    @kujoe,
    Or maybe company pastebin using a pastebin clone script? Or maybe a small local wiki for staff only access?

• For staff chat, We just work with Skype or gtalk.

Probably more easy for us.

• DamianDamian Member

We used to use gtalk. We've since migrated to hall.com, since it allows us to send pictures just by copy/pasting them into the chat box.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

I think Google Wave would worked here :(

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

I don't communicate with my clients. Why should I? I don't even know these people.

Does this need a disclaimer?

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jarland said: my clients

he's talking about STAFF

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@netomx What do I look like one of those fancy people that read?

I thought he meant for clients to communicate with staff, I'm not all here ;)

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

@NinjaHawk said: Or maybe company pastebin using a pastebin clone script? Or maybe a small local wiki for staff only access?

The goal it to have everything inside WHMCS, we are trying to move away from multiple scripts/logins which is why I have been doing a lot of development on internal addons for WHMCS.