Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VPSDIME (website) Down? ---DDOS --- Fixed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

VPSDIME (website) Down? ---DDOS --- Fixed

kkrajkkkrajk Member
edited September 2014 in General

I couldnt get through to the site. (for a while now). Timed Out

So I checked with gtmetrix as I normally do and the result is as follows

Analysis Error

An error occurred fetching the page: write failed: Connection timed out

Anyone know anything about this

EDIT - I could log into my vps just fine. Apologies for the vague title earlier

Comments

• Not loading here either. I'm sure @serverian is already working on it.

• Yeap.

• We got a DDoS. Migrating the website to a DDoS filtered IP now.

Note that only the website is down. No service is affected. I'd appreciate if you can change the title to "VPSDIME WEBSITE DOWN?"

Thanked by 2Dylan lukesUbuntu
  • NekkiNekki Veteran
    edited September 2014

Nothing says 'happy fucking birthday' like a DDoS.

• Apologies... Changed

• Probably from too much success from your birthday special. Seems like that's a common occurrence here

• kkrajkkkrajk Member
    edited September 2014

Before I go on further, I am very new to computing (noob)

was doing a bit of a (after serverian said it was a DDOS) read / view on the internet on DDOSing for the past 15minutes. Is it that simple as that?.

Correct me if I am wrong - Anyone (not necessarily a hacker) with quite a lot of vps's or a Dedi with a lot of ip's and good unmetered & high speed bandwidth can send out DDOS' just like that, if their provider doesn't give a f**k about what happens on their network....can't they?

• @ez2uk said:
    Anyone (not necessarily a hacker) with quite a lot of vps's or a Dedi with a lot of ip's and good unmetered & high speed bandwidth can send out DDOS' just like that, if their provider doesn't give a f**k about what happens on their network....can't they?

Kind of, its more common that open resolvers or hi-jacked computers/botnets are utilized (at least in my experience).

• Jealousy on LET/B speaks only one language: DDOS

• always gotta be some fkn trolls to gatecrash....

Have to say tho, its the first time ive ever seen there main site down,
    so at-least i know they are all human, thought the vpsdime team were all robots....

• Jealousy DDOS attacks are common for a popular host!

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • Loading for me now. Just a bit slow thats all...

• catalystiumcatalystium Member
    edited September 2014

Client area giving an IonCube error.

EDIT: and fixed :-).

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

I guess someone got pissed of because of the 7$ offer, like it sometimes happend before when some UK Providers posted deals.

• @ez2uk said:

Lol, little more complicated then that ...

• What a present for their birthday... It is very sad to see that providers with huge success in this community (like Oktay with his several brands) and with very very good services, are getting hit all the time because of some morons that cannot stand a wealthy competition...

Hey, stupids, whatever you may try to do, this will not harm Serverian (or other respected providers here) reputation.

Thanked by 1catalystium
  • serverianserverian Member
    edited September 2014

After a couple of migrations and lots of pain, we have ended up with an OVH server in Canada. The website is back up.

Thank you for your support guys!

• Conspiracy time: @serverian is orchestrating these attacks because he doesn't think you guys sent him enough cake for the birthday celebrations.

• @ez2uk said:

The method he's doing it is called DoS (ping flooding), and his home connection is garbage, so it will won't affect much unless the host connection is garbage.

• Well this is what happens when you DDOS your competitor. He is just reciprocating. What else do you expect?

Thanked by 1TheCTS
  • FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited August 2015

@elixir404 do you have to post your shi* in every single thread trom 2014?!

• elixir404 said: Well this is what happens when you DDOS your competitor. He is just reciprocating. What else do you expect?

What about you stop digging up year old threads for once? It gets extremely annoying and your posts are not even useful in any way.

This discussion has been closed.