Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Purchase Dedicated Server For Colocation
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Purchase Dedicated Server For Colocation

Hello these days I'll buy a dedicated deepdiscountservers.com to use colocation.

my question is that I recommend server, More important than processor

Intel Xeon L5420 2.50GHz 12MB L2 Cache LGA 1366 50W Quad-Core

Intel Xeon L5520 2.26GHz 256KB L2 Cache 4 x 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 60W Quad-Core

Intel Xeon L5630 2.13GHz 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 40W Quad-Core BX80614L5630

Intel Xeon L5639 2.13GHz L2 Cache 6 x 256KB L3 Cache 12MB LGA 1366 Hex-Core 60W

Intel Xeon X5650 2.66GHz 12MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 Hex-Core 95W BX80614X5650

Comments

• L5520's are good values for their price.

• jason25jason25 Member
    edited September 2014

they think?

Dell PowerEdge CS24-TY C1100

CPU Processor
    2 x Intel Xeon L5520 2.26GHz 256KB L2 Cache 4 x 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 60W Quad-Core $ 0.00

Memory
    1 x 72 GB (18 x 4GB) Memory DDR3 1066 MHz ECC Registered DIMM PC3-8500 $ 280.00

Hard Drive Bay 1

1 x * BRAND NEW * 3TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5 "+ Tray $ 199.00

Hard Drive Bay 2

1 x 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.5 "+ Tray $ 55.00

Hard Drive Bay 3

Hard Drive Bay 4

Free Rail Kit (Regular Price $ 35.00) <b
    r>
    Include 1 x Rail Kit $ 0.00
    Warranty

1 x 60 Days Limited Warranty $ 0.00

TOTAL:$1,063.99

• What purpose will this server serve, is this for a VPS node?

• Depending on the rates you may be better looking for a RTO and paying the hardware difference.

• @QuadraNet_Adam said:
    What purpose will this server serve, is this for a VPS node?

If for node Vps, To my hosting server accounts.

but I'm still seeing if that server would be good buy

accept suggestions

• We purchased 2 x L5520 from those guys & those are doing work like a charm, 2x 4GB sticks were broken & they have sent RMA which are good :)

Dual L5520 is best with the aspect of price :)

• qpsqps Member, Host Rep

The 2x L5630 will use a bit less power and offer similar performance to the 2x L5520.

• You know a company that sells me the server and I also of colocation service?

so I avoid having to shop elsewhere and shipping charges.

thank you

• Shop.I3d.net

Thats who im doing a LTO through

AWESOME network, AWESOME staff and. Perfect deals... (except the colo price afterwards)

• jason25 said: You know a company that sells me the server and I also of colocation service?

We can do this for you. Offer colo in Dallas and Los Angeles. https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php

• Price? and you can sell me the server?

• Lease to own, right? Do they colo it for you too? Where can I get more info? :)

• @0xdragon

well, you can get Custom Servers etc @ shop.i3d.net
    but ANY Hardware on their site is available for LTO.

Just find what you want, and send them an email ([email protected]) and (More then likely Nick) will get back to you with a quote for an LTO Contract for the server.

Server remains property of i3d until my last payment is done, then all i pay afterwards is Colo. or get it packed up and move it to somewhere else

• @AutoSnipe said:

Just find what you want, and send them an email ([email protected]) and (More then likely Nick) will get back to you with a quote for an LTO Contract for the server.

If you don't mind sharing, how much are you paying? :)

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@0xdragon said:

Also would like to know :)

• @jason25 said:
    Price? and you can sell me the server?

We can. https://www.cloudshards.com/contact.php

Will provide a quote.

• @0xdragon @trewq
    I pay 28€ a month for the server
    (X3430/4GB/1x1tb/20tb@1gbit)
    (Which is only 1€ more then you can rent those exact specs for.

• the unfortunate bit of having to pay Colo fees WHILE its on LTO (yes you read that correctly) of €55

If anyone else knows some more LTO Providers (anywhere in the world, but has to be cheap(ish) let me know)

The reason they charge colo+rental instead of like dacentec (rental then colo) is they do not allow owned hardware in the same area as their rental dedicated (probably for insurance purposes) so if you have rented one and decide to LTO it, the server will be relocated to the Colo Area of the DC

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,
    Ryan

• Crap that's expensive. How much is that unit outright, @AutoSnipe?

• AutoSnipeAutoSnipe Member
    edited September 2014

@0xdragon
    http://shop.i3d.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=217&search=x3430

That there has 8GB ram, but no HDD, but everything else is the same that will give you an idea.. unfortunately i don't have that sort of cash sitting around at this stage

• @AutoSnipe said:
    0xdragon
    http://shop.i3d.net/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=217&search=x3430

That there has 8GB ram, but no HDD, but everything else is the same that will give you an idea.. unfortunately i don't have that sort of cash sitting around at this stage

Won't that LTO cost you more in the long run than purchasing it outright?

• Yes it would. But it's all about convenience at the moment, i can of course rent for a short while and then buy out at any time (taking into account of what i have spent already Minus Colo) the things we do..

it will be mine shortly though,
    so i am on the hunt for more Hardware anywhere else around the globe.. gotta start owning some stuff lol Know anywhere other then Dacentec that do LTO's (that are actually half decent and half cheap?)

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Yes it would. But it's all about convenience at the moment, i can of course rent for a short while and then buy out at any time (taking into account of what i have spent already Minus Colo) the things we do..

it will be mine shortly though,
    so i am on the hunt for more Hardware anywhere else around the globe.. gotta start owning some stuff lol Know anywhere other then Dacentec that do LTO's (that are actually half decent and half cheap?)

I want that $35 LTO from Dacentec... But unfortunately there don't seem to be many LTO's out there. Maybe I'll have a look on WHT.

• Must have missed the $35 one @0xdragon.. just looked on there couldnt see it..

i know ReliableSite does LTO, but they start at like 120 a month.. bit out of the price range and about 10x the specs i actually need utilize

• @AutoSnipe said:
    Must have missed the $35 one 0xdragon.. just looked on there couldnt see it..

Yeah I missed it too, but apparently it's coming back soon.

• AutoSnipe said: i know ReliableSite does LTO, but they start at like 120 a month.. bit out of the price range and about 10x the specs i actually need utilize

What specs do you need and at what price? We can see what we can do for you.

• what I look for is a company that I colocation service and sell me a server.

to avoid me having to shop elsewhere and make sending

I hope there is a company that service

• @Jason25 - what specification are you exactly looking for?

• @MarkTurner said:
    Jason25 - what specification are you exactly looking for?

What I'm looking for is a server can be a DUAL XEON5520
    72GB RAM 2X2 WITH TB HDD. 1Gigabits 30TB bandwidth port.

and that the same company that sold me my server colocation

is that possible?

• Managed to snag one of those $35 ones from DAC, pretty decent little thing. They do seem to post them from time to time on there so you have to keep an eye out for them.

• @Jason25 - and what are you expecting to pay for the server?