Providers subnet is in a Spam RBL -- par for the course for LEBs?
My ChicagoVPS box's subnet has been blacklisted in Spam RBL for almost a month now. I realize I don't expect much from these guys, but after a month I'd have to imagine they would have done something about the spammers on their network.
Question: Is this normal for LEBs?
From what I gather poking around here, this is par for the course for CVPS.
- 184.108.40.206/17 is listed on the Spamhaus Block List - SBL
- 08/12 - First contact, open ticket with abuse dept, included relevant parts of bounced emails
- 08/16 - Second contact, no response yet, relevant part of one of many bounced emails
- 08/17 - First response, Luc Ayotte: "We're working on this to get this cleared/fixed."
- ... misc other ticket follow-ups
- 09/06 - Asked for an update.
- 09/06 - Response, James Burkowitz: "We are already working on it, we will update you soon on this."
I intend to move my mail server when ChicagoVPS contract ends, but I naively thought it would be resolved in a few days. Almost one month later I'm wrong.
Anyone else caught up in this?