Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for a vps (torrent allowed, EU located, DMCA's rejected)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

looking for a vps (torrent allowed, EU located, DMCA's rejected)

Hi,

I'm looking for a vps provider that

1. allows torrenting

2. is located in the EU

3. does not play as cop/judge regarding copyright complaints that are not valid in the EU aka no moral bullshit!

4. affordable.

Minimum specs:

Virtualization: KVM, XEN, VMWare

>

HDD: 80GB

>

RAM: 512MB

>

CPU: 1.8 ghz

>

Network: 1gbit preffered, I wanna reach around 20+mb/s download and upload speed.

>

Bandwidth quota: 3-4TB

Right now i'm using a dedicated server from Ecatel.net for this purpose but it comes with a ton of resources that im not making any use of..

I rather drop that server at the end of this month and get a vps instead that will not be billed at 39+ euros/m! i'm really happy with ecatel but yeah.. I wanna stop throwing away more money than is necessary!

Thanks!!

Comments

• Seedbox?

• @Chuck said:
    Seedbox?

Yes kind of but I will use it for other purposes aswel so renting from a seedbox provider will not work out.

• Order from non EU located provider in Europe and be in right hands :)

• aldothetrollaldothetroll Member
    edited September 2014

-DMCA's rejected

-EU Located

Pick one.

• draziloxdrazilox Member
    edited September 2014

@aldothetroll said:
    -DMCA's rejected

-EU Located

Pick one.

You make no sense. There are lots of EU providers who reject DMCA. Of course all EU countries have their own copyright laws.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

@aldothetroll said:
    -DMCA's rejected

-EU Located

Pick one.

DMCA is an American thing, not valid in the EU.. Yet some hosts choose to accept it even if they legally don't have to, I want a provider that only acts when they legally really have to. Ecatel didn't sent me a dmca or any other kind of complaint ever! I hope that there is another similar provider with better pricing.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

Double-post*

• Kimsufi may be?

• @fitvpn said:
    Order from non EU located provider in Europe and be in right hands :)

Sounds good but it's mainly about the providers themselves, alot of them try to play the judge and take action when it legally is not required, their morals get in the way of professional business.

• @K2Bytes said:
    Kimsufi may be?

I definitely consider it but I'm not a huge fan of many things I've read about them on here,

1. Poor to no support

2. Asking for additional information out of nowhere

3. Huge delivery delays

on top of that kimsufi is being ran by french people, I'm not trying to be racist here but I've got a bad experience with the french.

Thanked by 1linuxthefish
  • why not online.net?

• @drazilox said:
    You make no sense. There are lots of EU providers who reject DMCA. Of course all EU countries have their own copyright laws.

@Mark_R said:
    DMCA is an American thing, not valid in the EU.. Yet some hosts choose to accept it even if they legally don't have to, I want a provider that only acts when they legally really have to. Ecatel didn't sent me a dmca or any other kind of complaint ever! I hope that there is another similar provider with better pricing.

If you actually looked into the DMCA you would know they also do international take downs including the EU which conform the the country's law(s) not America's law(s) for copyrights that the server is hosted in.

You get away with it currently because you are just torrenting and copyright holders typical go for people uploading their work not downloading it. Plus if a nobody sends a complaint to your host nothing will most likely happen outside of the US but if a somebody sends a complaint then watch how fast your service gets terminated.

• there is none.

• aldothetroll said: You get away with it currently because you are just torrenting and copyright holders typical go for people uploading their work not downloading it.

That sentence makes no sense whatsoever. When you are torrenting, you are uploading.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:
    That sentence makes no sense whatsoever. When you are torrenting, you are uploading.

That's not entirely true, with things like shoemod it is entirely possible to not upload a single chunk of the data you download. However; you're still sending requests for tracker updates ("scraping") and peer lists (DHT / PeerDNS / etcetera.) You can't use the internet without uploading "something", as there's almost always a request involved.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

@aldothetroll said:
    If you actually looked into the DMCA you would know they also do international take downs including the EU

I'm not sure if we are still talking about DMCA here when valid takedowns are being requested in the EU - countrys in the EU have their own anti-piracy organizations that may have deals with some american copyright holders but that is different within each country inside the EU. An example would be The Netherlands - we have an organization called BREIN (anti-piracy.nl) over here who takes care of the copyright violations but BREIN does things differently compared to DMCA, they rather try to takedown the sources that index all illegal content (major distributors), I personally think that this is a better approach overall. I have a feeling that the DMCA is more focused on making money from all inviduals that commit small copyright violations instead of taking down the real major distributors.

• @infected said:
    there is none.

my current provider really doesn't care about those violations and other complaints, I already mentioned that i'm 100% satisfied with them but i'd like to find other companies that pretty much have the same kind of integrity as them but perhaps for a better price. I'm just checking my options here.

• @GoodHosting said:
    That's not entirely true, with things like shoemod it is entirely possible to not upload a single chunk of the data you download. However; you're still sending requests for tracker updates ("scraping") and peer lists (DHT / PeerDNS / etcetera.) You can't use the internet without uploading "something", as there's almost always a request involved.

The whole bittorrent system is based on sharing back what you leeched - keeping the files alive together and building a strong + fast network of peers, if I wanted to only leech i'd use something like Usenet. I'm definitly giving back the data that i've obtained (uploading), you can see that in the bandwidth graph at my original post. Leeching and not giving back is just selfish.

• @Mark_R said:

GVH your current provider? They disregard DMCA apparently...

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

@ATHK said:
    GVH your current provider? They disregard DMCA apparently...

no offense to gvh but I think that torrenting from my own home connection would be more reliable than using their service.

anyways I mentioned my provider in the original post, incase you missed it: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/33947/looking-for-a-vps-torrent-allowed-eu-located-dmca-s-rejected

Thanked by 2ATHK Pwner
  • AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Mark_R said: Yet some hosts choose to accept it even if they legally don't have to

99/100 it is simply considered as a standard abuse report, you don't legally have to accept those either but then you know, your network gets to be in a right mess.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited September 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    99/100 it is simply considered as a standard abuse report, you don't legally have to accept those either but then you know, your network gets to be in a right mess.

I can imagine that an abuse report will be dealt with because it may seriously damages your IP space or resources but that doesnt justify accepting DMCA reports that have no legal authority in the EU, all you do by complying with this is losing potential future revenue since you most likely end up terminating the customer or pissing him off. A customer who uses a torrent client no matter if its for copyrighted works or free to share stuff - he will just use the assigned resources (bandwidth quota etc), he paid for this so that should be no problem.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

yeah true enough but most of the time we all have upstreams and have to abide to some degree so compliance is forced.

I do respect the fact that you are just coming out and outright saying "I want to take stuff for free illegally that I have no right to and also distribute it, I know what I am doing so don't give me any bullshit" :)

• contact xentime for a custom quote

DMCA is not Ukrainian law. We do not have to abide it.

• @gsrdgrdghd said:

VV

@GoodHosting said:

@Mark_R said:
    I'm not sure if we are still talking about DMCA here when valid takedowns are being requested in the EU - countrys in the EU have their own anti-piracy organizations that may have deals with some american copyright holders but that is different within each country inside the EU. An example would be The Netherlands - we have an organization called BREIN (anti-piracy.nl) over here who takes care of the copyright violations but BREIN does things differently compared to DMCA, they rather try to takedown the sources that index all illegal content (major distributors), I personally think that this is a better approach overall. I have a feeling that the DMCA is more focused on making money from all inviduals that commit small copyright violations instead of taking down the real major distributors.

I'm saying if you make a complaint for something hosted outside to the US they will handle it within the laws of that country.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited September 2014

@Mark_R - Try order from Russian based providers, in Russia torrents is fine Most of them have unmetered BW up to 100Mbps

• stay off of tpb/kat/demonoid, you goon

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited September 2014

1) Enable Encryption (especially for tracker traffic, not just pieces!)

2) Turn off DHT (it doesn't work anyways. Also disable UPnP B/S)

3) Turn off PeerDNS (sometimes called Local Peer Discovery)

4) ???

5) Profit (Or well, not really profit; you're just a better criminal now.)

• Some host advertise ignoring DMCA more or less openly, like 2sync.co (Serbia), XSLTel (NL, Ecatel), Lanka Partner Host (Romania), Estnoc (various), et cetera. Doubtful if any of them will fight especially hard on your behalf if some authority pressures them hard.

• @GoodHosting said:
    1) Enable Encryption (especially for tracker traffic, not just pieces!)

2) Turn off DHT (it doesn't work anyways. Also disable UPnP B/S)

3) Turn off PeerDNS (sometimes called Local Peer Discovery)

4) ???

5) Profit (Or well, not really profit; you're just a better criminal now.)

Yeah, thanks for the common sense.

This discussion has been closed.