Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our newsletter

Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

Latest LowEndBox Offers

Need 1GB+ RAM VPS For $6 A Year
    New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Need 1GB+ RAM VPS For $6 A Year

I need a host that is willing to give me a VPS server for $6 a year. It'll be for minecraft :P

Sounds cheap, but that's all I can afford :(

Comments

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Provider

I'd like a supermodel and a ferrari for 5 dollars.

• Under any circumstances that won't be possible with most providers. The cheapest I can think of is a OVH VPS for $35/year, If they allow game servers.

• nullnullnullnull Member
      edited September 2014

Sounds reasonable.

• Dear @owen sometimes you have to make sacrifices in life. Either not playing minecraft or work harder to earn more money.

Thanked by 3shrubbles rm_ ehab
    • I can't afford a nice Ferrari, so I don't even try and buy one. Either pay monthly (OVH) and try get some of the users to donate, pool your money together with some friends or you'll just have to make do playing on another server

Favourite host in general: Ramnode (affiliate link)
      Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• rokokrokok Member
      edited September 2014

maybe possible for $6 / year vps

1GB RAM

10MB HDD

100kb uplink

lol

CEO of PT. Rokok Kopi Internet Tidur Tbk.

• I think there is no provider would offer vps allowing the io abusive task at that price. :s

• I need a host that is willing to give me a VPS server for $5 a year. It'll be for minecraft :P

Sounds cheap, but that's all I can afford :(

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM

I like what she said, not what it means.

• Luis is that you?

Thanked by 1netomx

tridoxium.pw My little blog-like website thingamajig

• This was plausible (very unlikely, but plausible) until you mentioned Minecraft.

• You should find some cheaper hobbies.

• matthewvz said: I'd like a supermodel and a ferrari for 5 dollars.

That's exactly why I don't drive a BMW.

Thanked by 2Chuck shrubbles
    • samblingsambling Member
      edited September 2014

If you are prepared for downtime and possibly bad service, then 123Systems.net is almost within your requirements (I'm not 100% sure whether they allow Minecraft but their parent company certainly does: ChicagoVPS).

Use Coupon Code "LABOR" for 50% off recurring on almost any package we sell.

That'd bring the price down for their 1GB Ram to $9.5. (Working when I tested it).

Here's a snapshot of uptime days/load of an idle VPS I have had with them for a month.

https://o0.nz - A free and fast image host. Powered by a Bunny and a Pony!

• Wait, wait.. You're going to start up a service and you can only afford $6 for a yearly VPS from another provider?! Okay.

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• 0xdragon said: Wait, wait.. You're going to start up a service and you can only afford $6 for a yearly VPS from another provider?! Okay.

It's probably just for himself and his friends ??

https://o0.nz - A free and fast image host. Powered by a Bunny and a Pony!

• @sambling said:

Think he's talking about his sig.

Thanked by 1sambling

Favourite host for hourly billing/custom ISOs: Vultr ($50 free credit for new accounts, affiliate link)

• I can do this

1GB Ram
      1KB SSD Raid 10

5,99$/year. PM if you want

Gapps legacy 100/200 users cheap 4 sale. PM

• You won't get this. Ask your parents or host it from home.

My personal blog and website | Freelance web developer & programmer. HTML/CSS/PHP/JS (Clientside & Serverside)/C# and more

Installing Observium on Debian

• @sonic said:
      I can do this

1GB Ram
      1KB SSD Raid 10

5,99$/year. PM if you want

1kb ssd or 1gb ssd?

• @wojons said:

1KB for sure, i can double it to 2KB for you if your data is big :)

Gapps legacy 100/200 users cheap 4 sale. PM

Thanked by 3AlexU ehab orak

Had enough of the scams on lowendbox, lowendtalk is now being infiltrated by corruption so I have chosen to make an low end exit #lexit for now - you can find me HERE

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

Hi,

I wish to have customer which will pay 6 USD for being a customer. No service will be provided. I am sorry but that is best that i can offer for 6 usd per year in 1GB class.

Order link

Unmetered servers starting from $12.00 USD p/m. Xeon® E-2134 for $50.00 p/m ||| Xeon® Silver 4110 for $80.00 p/m
      Live server stock ||| Feel free to contact me for custom deal.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Provider

@drserver said:
      Hi,

I wish to have customer which will pay 6 USD for being a customer. No service will be provided. I am sorry but that is best that i can offer for 6 usd per year in 1GB class.

Order link

You missed out. I may of had a few too many and was going to pay the $6... Too bad its free...

You missed out ;)

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
      edited September 2014

@drserver said:

Order Confirmation

Thank you for your order. You will receive a confirmation email shortly.

Your Order Number is: 19225xxxxx

If you have any questions about your order, please open a support ticket from your client area and refer to your order number.

Sadly, I didn't have the option to choose Annually, only FREE.

I see my service is in the "RIDICULOUS REQUESTS" product group.

Sadly my order is still pending minutes later, I expected immediate delivery :).

Acting Director of Albino Geek Services Ltd. My Keybase ID ( gh )
      GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• @drserver said:
      Hi,

Order link

Is there a promo for that offer? ;)

jimpop: nuclear accidents DO happen
      jimpop: don't let them bring your website down

• drserverdrserver Member, Host Rep

i am not willing to take ppl money for a joke :)

Your products will be activated ASAP

Unmetered servers starting from $12.00 USD p/m. Xeon® E-2134 for $50.00 p/m ||| Xeon® Silver 4110 for $80.00 p/m
      Live server stock ||| Feel free to contact me for custom deal.

• @drserver said:

Thanks mate, just got some emails in my inbox for free :P

• @aus said:
      Thanks mate, just got some emails in my inbox for free :P

It's almost like you ordered a VPS, but for free! :O

This signature wasted 121 bytes of your data allocation.

https://nixstats.com/report/56b53d6465689e44598b4567

• ad0ad0 Member
      edited September 2014

for $6 this could be possible but by sacrificing their profit which nobody will do

1 core 2ghz

1gb ram

1gb hdd

1mbps network or 100mbps till 50GB/per month

• cassacassa Member, Provider

AFAIK ChicagoVPS has/had a deal for a 2GB VPS for $7 for one year

ik moet poepen

• netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

@ad0 said:
      for $6 this could be possible but by sacrificing their profit which nobody will do

So, its not possible, right?

• xvmlabs is probably as close as you can get with a decent product.

• @seraphkz said:
      xvmlabs is probably as close as you can get with a decent product.

100 GB bandwidth for Minecraft server. Good luck with that.

I like what she said, not what it means.

• Plus you can't do anything CPU intensive on an XVMLabs VPS

• hostnoob said: Plus you can't do anything CPU intensive on an XVMLabs VPS

in fact, you can't do anything really from time to time with their 1GB vps. It has their up and down and when it's on the down mood, then, even ssh is pain in the ass (their 512, though, is -for me, at least- way better).

As for the OP's request, there is this datacenter that sells such offers:

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

• PM me and I'll give you a 1GB RAM VPS for 2 years free.

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
    • @jvnadr, it's all virtuall? So, the employee/staff also virtual too? :D

Thanked by 1jvnadr
    • @jnguyen But... Really... Why?

@ErawanArifNugroho That means "reduce costs"! (But look all the plugs, they are in position!) :-P

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho

• If a program actually fits in memory and has enough disk space, it is guaranteed to crash.
      • If such a program has not crashed yet, it is waiting for a critical moment before it crashes.

• @jvnadr

"Because I can"

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
      edited September 2014

@jnguyen OK, really nice of you. But -and I do not mean to offend you in any way- should it be better to run some free giveaways to the community for some useful reason. e.g. developing something or similar? Instead of giving to some random guy who is joined only a couple of days ago, just to post a trolling thread?

• @jvnadr said:
      jnguyen OK, really nice of you. But -and I do not mean to offend you in any way- should it be better to run some free giveaways to the community for some useful reason. e.g. developing something or similar? Instead of giving to some random guy who is joined only a couple of days ago, just to post a trolling thread?

We're about to run a giveaway :).

Thanked by 1jvnadr

GoodHosting.co | Enterprise KVM Virtual Private Servers | Twitter / Status : @ GoodHostingCo

• @jvnadr said:
      jnguyen OK, really nice of you. But -and I do not mean to offend you in any way- should it be better to run some free giveaways to the community for some useful reason. e.g. developing something or similar? Instead of giving to some random guy who is joined only a couple of days ago, just to post a trolling thread?

We'll do a kickstarter soon.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
    • @GoodHosting @jnguyen Nice from both of you. It's always good to see people return somethin to a community and their clients they gain profit from.

• netomxnetomx Member, Moderator

@jnguyen said:
      PM me and I'll give you a 1GB RAM VPS for 2 years free.

I can receive a freebie :)

• @netomx said:
      I can receive a freebie :)

Would you rather a freebie from us? :P

• How about you take a freebie from us instead of @GoodHosting and I'll pay you cash via Paypal @netomx.

• @jnguyen said:
      How about you take a freebie from us instead of GoodHosting and I'll pay you cash via Paypal netomx.

That's called money laundering in many states, and Canada (I could never offer the same sadly, if they have ever been a customer of mine; I would not be able to send them money unless it was reversing an existing transaction, for a period of 6 months (180 days) after their last paid invoice.)

It's a really stupid law.

• GoodHosting said: Would you rather a freebie from us? :P

Who would say no to a freebie, even from ... (put there your hating provider)! :-P But, if it is from you, even better.

Ooops... You talked to netomx, didn't you?

• OK, instead of money I'll send you Lindt chocolates and a giant Hershey's bar.

• @GoodHosting said:
      It's a really stupid law.

I'm not a customer. Give netomx a free VPS and send me some money via Paypal. Everybody wins!

Thanked by 1netomx