Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

http://nodedeploy.com/
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

http://nodedeploy.com/

pcampbellpcampbell Member
edited June 2012 in Help

I can't get to my vm or their web site right now. anyone else having issues?

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Website inaccessible here. East Texas if you consider it relevant.

Thanked by 1pcampbell
  • I just got an email from the owner, he said there was an abusing client who is going to get suspended once the site is back up

• PhilNDPhilND Member

A client has a 120k pps syn flood, working on this now.

Thanked by 1pcampbell
  • Why don't you just nullroute his IP?

Thanked by 1pcampbell
  • PhilNDPhilND Member

Resolved. Compensation will be added, sorry for that.

Thanked by 1pcampbell
  • edited June 2012

Webserver on same network as VPS?

• PADPAD Member

Lol. Terrible.

• JacobJacob Member

DNS Failover to 3 Locations <3

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@jarland said: East Texas

corpus christi?

@netomx Longview ;)

@jarland said: Longview

Never been there... Just McAllen, Laredo, Waco, Cameron, San Antonio, Dallas ... is there something nice there?

• it's back up for me and the owner has been VERY responsive.
    here's my box I'm using for studying for the linux+ exam:

http://linuxplus.patrickfixedit.com

thanks everyone!!!

@netomx I'm sure there was once something nice here, but I'm sure the people killed it. The nicest thing about it is that I-20 is nearby, and Dallas is two hours away ;)

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CoreyCorey Member

@Jarland serious? I'm from there.... posting from Diana TX right now.

edited June 2012

@Corey Nice! I don't want to know what hoops you jump through to post from Diana! Although I was surprised by the 3G coverage out that way when I drove through Saturday. I'll give AT&T this...they're trying. Sitting over at the Walmart on 4th right now, you feel my pain.

• CoreyCorey Member

@jarland idk - I'm with Sprint and I have basically no coverage out here. I get no coverage at that Wal Mart either. We need to have lunch sometime.

@Corey I'm down with that. After this week the free time takes a turn upward.

• DimeCadmiumDimeCadmium Member
    edited June 2012

@Corey said: @jarland idk - I'm with Sprint and I have basically no coverage out here

I've actually had pretty good luck with Sprint. I live in Pflugerville (between Round Rock and Austin) and we have a ranch out past Mason (Calf Creek, TX spots it on Google). I've gotten non-roaming 3G out there, up on a hill, yet their coverage map shows nothing at all for that whole area. shrug

• CoreyCorey Member

@DimeCadmium they are supposed to be putting a new tower out here around the end of the year.

Back in the day I had the best coverage with sprint. I also stacked roaming packages and rocked the analog network ;)

• Hahaha, I went with Sprint because their coverage around Austin is actually pretty good (my sister has had them for a while), and unlimited 3G/4G. ;) My dad gets really good coverage out at our ranch with AT&T actually though, he can make calls pretty reliably and get some spotty data even in our shack...

• CoreyCorey Member

@DimeCadmium I got a notice that I was using to much data and if I continued to use the data they would cancel my contract.

Derail successful.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • CoreyCorey Member

@jarland at least it was an informative derail ;)

Well, I got sprint, AT&T or whatever signal on my phone ;)

it's called roaming :(

• I have and have had Sprint since 2008. I lived in Abilene, TX from 2008-2010. I'
    m now in Maryland. I just bought the HTC Evo 4g LTE. 3g works great here but I have yet to pickup a 4g signal. We occasionally use the 'hotspot' feature when Comcast goes down.

• CoreyCorey Member

@pcgampbell yes i have htc evo 4g and no 4g signals here either.

@netomx you do realize these providers put a profile on your phone so that even if you have VERY little signal with them you are forced onto their towers instead of roaming - and if you get a roaming tower they put you on the cheapest one they purchase.

@Corey didn't know that in the US you can use roaming, I'm from Mexico =P

They've done a lot to disguise it. They'd rather you think their network is massive than realize they've essentially outsourced that region for now.