Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Server Configuration Question.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Server Configuration Question.

BuyAdsBuyAds Member
edited September 2014 in Help

Hello LowEndTalk Users.

Let me explain first the problem what am facing..
I have a script that after the install it changes from itself some File permissions!
I have a vps with cpanel installed on it and cant figure it out what should be changed. It wont change the file permissions.

To be sure I have purchased an hosting account at hostgator and there is working.

The developer said i could be the ownership problem. I have also changed it from root to itself.

Can please someone with more expereince guide me what should I configure in the whm?

Thank you for your time!

Comments

• One more thing... I have enabled 90% of the options when i update easyapache also. Again it wont work :)

• Good job on mentioning what script you're trying to run.

• Its a rss script. It copies news from other sites.

• @BuyAds said:
    Its a rss script. It copies news from other sites.

Jesus, man. Could you be any more vague?

• Here is the error log:

[Mon Sep 01 13:45:28 2014] [error] [client 84.113.76.77] PHP Warning: file_put_contents(../../settings/curl_path.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/wii/public_html/install/php/install.php on line 65, referer: http://site.com/install/index4.html

• and here is the line 65:

file_put_contents("../../settings/curl_path.php",'<?php $GLOBALS[\'curl_path\']="'.$curl_path.'"; ?>');

@socials
    Is a script that i have purchased from a user in a forum. News Portal is the name.

• Wrong file permissions or SElinux.

• The script it changes the file permissions from itself when it starts to install and than it changes from itself the file and folder permissions when is done with the installation. In this case is not allowed.

• @BuyAds

go to the path of where every this script is and do this

ls -la ../../settings/curl_path.php

paste the results here

• @wojons you mean in the vps should i write that command?

• Just stick with shared hosting. You seem to be in way over your head trying to manage a VPS.

• The problem is I have purchased the server for 1 year :)

• And why not spending something for fixing this issue and to check your system.

• chown - R user:group /path/to/directory/ maybe?

• BK_BK_ Member
    edited September 2014

I was running into the same problem quite some time ago. Thankfully running the rm -rf command did the trick for me.

/s

Thanked by 2Blanoz Mark_R
  • @BK_ said:
    I was running into the same problem quite some time ago. Thankfully running the rm -rf command did the trick for me.

Oh boy...

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited September 2014

Try :
    /scripts/chownpublichtmls or
    /scripts/fixhome

• Enable Curl from easyapache,

That should fix that otherwise if it is permissions issue so simply go to this link :

http://blog.servint.net/2012/01/27/the-tech-bench-a-script-for-fixing-file-permissions/

Download that script & fix user permissions :)

• @BK_ said:

Thanks. It freed my RAM too as I can see.

• @BuyAds said:
    and here is the line 65:

Is a script that i have purchased from a user in a forum. News Portal is the name.

curl is enabled right?

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited September 2014

Guys, thank you. I have fixed it. It was Curl.
    Curl ssl was enabled and Curl was disabled.
    Thank you everyone!