Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

iCloud leak
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

iCloud leak

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Source: http://mashable.com/2014/08/31/celebrity-nude-photo-hack/

a spokesperson for Ariana Grande has reportedly denied the authenticity of the images, which purport to show the singer nude, included in the list of hacked celebrities being leaked online, calling the photos "completely fake," in an email to BuzzFeed.

The hack is true?

Comments

• yes it is. you can find them easily on the internet.

• This is why the internet is a terrible place and why all I have on my phone is pictures of cats and Anchorman memes.

• Real face of Jennifer Lawrence. I LoL when people say Jennifer Lawrence is innocent.

• @Chuck said:
    Real face of Jennifer Lawrence. I LoL when people say Jennifer Lawrence is innocent.

Do people say that to you often? Are these actual people, or the ones you have a meal with every night who no-one else can see?

Thanked by 1trewq
  • @Nekki said:
    Do people say that to you often? Are these actual people, or the ones you have a meal with every night who no-one else can see?

My cousin and some friends.

• @Chuck said:
    My cousin and some friends.

So, next time they say this, are you going to whip out these pics to mug them off?

Thanked by 1StevenN
  • I wonder if those are really from iCloud. Really, how can you upload nude pics to "the cloud" even as a "normal" person.

• By taking a picture with your iDevice having photostream activated. Sync to iCloud is automatic then.

• @Amitz said:
    By taking a picture with your iDevice having photostream activated. Sync to iCloud is automatic then.

Can't you switch that off or something?

• @Nekki said:

Don't think so. These things are weak.

• Well then, Good thing I own an an android device.

Thanked by 1AlexU
  • mpkossen said: Can't you switch that off or something?

You can but very few people venture into the settings when they get a new phone. Most people do not understand the device they are holding and what it can do, and does.

Thanked by 2netomx geekalot
  • @mpkossen said:

Sure you can. I did. But most people do not care... ;-)

• Can Apple be sued?

• @Nekki said:
    This is why the internet is a terrible place and why all I have on my phone is pictures of cats and Anchorman memes.

I'm sorry, but someone has to say it. Your phone is filled with anchormen and pussies. ;-)

Thanked by 2netomx Droidzone
  • jcaleb said: Can Apple be sued?

Anyone can be sued for anything. Whether it'll go anywhere or a court will just throw it out is another question.

Apple will have protection against liability in cases like these in their T&C, but it's up to a court to interpret the relevant laws and decide whether they can waive the liability here or if they can be held liable.

• Seems to be more of a PR issue for Apple than a legal one.

• Has there been some proof it's iCloud related?

• OwnCloud hype!

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

• @Nekki said:
    This is why the internet is a terrible place and why all I have on my phone is pictures of cats and Anchorman memes.

Same, but minus the memes.

• I wonder how real they are. On reddit someone posted that the one of Avril Lavegene for example is a photoshop where a beer bottle has been replaced by.. well... a dick. The guy also apparently got about $50k in bit coin donations to keep leaking them.

Have to wonder if some guy just got $50k for a few photoshopped celebrity nudes.

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • @AThomasHowe said:

Have to wonder if some guy just got $50k for a few photoshopped celebrity nudes.

Im not sure, a few celebs tweeted saying they were old photos and didn't deny they were genuine.

Thanked by 1AThomasHowe
  • AThomasHoweAThomasHowe Member
    edited September 2014

wych said: Im not sure, a few celebs tweeted saying they were old photos and didn't deny they were genuine.

Maybe. Here's the Avril one in question (NSFW obviously) and the source it was edited from (SFW unless they hate beer).

Thanked by 2netomx cassa
  • @mpkossen said:

Photo stream can be disabled. I have mine disabled but only so that is isn't consuming valuable GBs of space on my 16GB 5s. When I remove photos from my phone I don't want 1,000 of them left behind.

That said, photos of mine are still stored on iCloud since photos in the camera roll are backed-up whenever a whole device backup is run. I do have this enabled since I like the idea of having a backup of my entire device in the cloud that can be restored should I every lose my phone. Photos can be excluded from this backup too.

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Seems the hack was caused with ibrute: https://github.com/hackappcom/ibrute

Thanked by 1netomx
  • netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Another stupid thing made by Apple!

• Who all are android fans here(me too).?

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

@thehray said:
    Who all are android fans here(me too).?

Me!

• I do agree that looks similar although the hand changes... But maybe after that video they made a private video?