Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hitleap Prohibited
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hitleap Prohibited

iSkyiSky Member

i am curious about this hitleap programs, most provider dont allow it run on their vps. can somebody explain why is it ? CPU abuse ? Network abuse ? or maybe another else.

Comments

• Afaik it's due to the high I/O.

• iSkyiSky Member

Disk I/O ?

• Yep.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

And the nature of it

• 24/7 opening webpages, most of which contain videos and an atrocious amount of ads.

• Best to just install VMWare on a PC at home and install OpenVPN or PPTP on your VPS and connect the VM's to the VPN and run hitleap locally.

That way your provider can't say anything because it wont effect them at all.

Thanked by 2iSky ahmiq

Why not running in home?

Thanked by 1iSky
  • @netomx said:
    Why not running in home?

Need unique ips

• @netomx said:
    And the nature of it

With vps you can run it 24x7,save much on electricity and bandwiith

• Nick_ANick_A Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Get a cheap dedi and have at it.

• shyaminayeshshyaminayesh Member
    edited September 2014

I'm offering hitleap VPS for some of my customers currently, bulk only min 20 VPS. two customer per single dedi box theory :3

here is screen shoot with 20 Windows hitleap VPS's in SATA RAID0 + Dual Intel Xeon 5420 :)

• ad0ad0 Member
    edited September 2014

Mostly because of high Network usage on the port 24x7 and disk i/o

You can still run hit leap on a cheap kvm by limiting its speed like you can use netbalancer that will reduce your i/o and network usage. But its against hitleap TOS to limit under 1mbps

Best soulution home keep your lowend pc running 24x7 for hitleap

• Surely only a bellend would run/allow running of this garbage?

Thanked by 2netomx ztec
  • yupskies why not just run a dedi at home and proxy your hitleap connections and mine your mins.

• @Nick_A said:
    Get a cheap dedi and have at it.

have any recommendation ?

shyaminayesh said: I'm offering hitleap VPS for some of my customers currently, bulk only min 20 VPS. two customer per single dedi box theory :3

here is screen shoot with 20 Windows hitleap VPS's in SATA RAID0 + Dual Intel Xeon 5420 :)

still selling it ? :D mind to send me the price

• iSky said: still selling it ? :D mind to send me the price

yep. check you'r PM please :)

• @shyaminayesh said:
    I'm offering hitleap VPS for some of my customers currently, bulk only min 20 VPS. two customer per single dedi box theory :3

Mind sending me some information including the price?

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@Nekki said:
    Surely only a bellend would run/allow running of this garbage?

cough GoodHosting cough

• noisycatcat said: Mind sending me some information including the price?

check you'r PM :)

• You're all terrible people. I hope the ghost of Tim Berners-Lee haunts you for all eternity.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Are you guys actually making money with it? Why would you want to generate trashtraffic?

• @ztec said:
    Are you guys actually making money with it? Why would you want to generate trashtraffic?

I don't even know, but I've sold some accounts and actually made money from them.

• @Gadelhas said:

Like car money or pizza money?

• @Gadelhas said:
    I don't even know, but I've sold some accounts and actually made money from them.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • ztec said: Are you guys actually making money with it? Why would you want to generate trashtraffic?

I would guess you also go with a dodgy/incompetent ad provider. I don't think things like this work for AdSense etc

@AThomasHowe said:

I hope not :/

• @netomx said:
    I hope not :/

They may for a while but not long.