Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH as domain registrar ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH as domain registrar ?

wlambrechtswlambrechts Member
edited August 2014 in Help

Hi,

I'm looking into registering a few more domains and I'm thinking about registering them through OVH. I can hardly find any info on it.

Does anyone have any experience with them for domain registration ?

It seems they do support DynIP ? Are there any limitation on the number of records one can create in a zone file, the TTL one can set, ... etc ...

Thanks !

Comments

• Why not go with the other more well known like name cheap and such

• Why not? OVH just fine. They support DNSSec for many TLD

• Hi,

I do currently have domain @namecheap but I'm looking into a TLD that most others do not support, or if they do they do no have dyn ip.

• fitvpnfitvpn Member
    edited August 2014

Namecheap,GD and some others adopted for US market, OVH more to European market

• To be honest Namecheap is one of the best in my opinion even better then godaddy they have a really good 24/7 livechat and they help a lot in-case you run into errors so i'd say go for namecheap.

Thanked by 1obakfahad
  • I have a few domains with them.

When I registred my first domain with them, I remember having some sort of delay while they are checking the payment, I do not know if it is still the case, but once your account is validated the additional domain registrations are quite smooth.

For the DNS part, I have not tried the DynDNS but the option is there, and it is mentionned in their help page (in French):
    http://guides.ovh.com/DynDns

I have not seen any mention to a limitation of number of records but it seems that you can only set the TTL for the whole zone using their "assistants". However, you can switch to manual mode and directly write the zone in text mode so I guess that you can set whatever you want if you know how to.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited August 2014

They are one of the best if you ask me, nice & friendly management panel with DNSSEC, Anycast & DynDNS support.

Thanked by 1wlambrechts
  • Thanks. Any idea on whether they will extend the registration period in case of a transfert ?

Thanks

• At the end of the transfer, we credit your domain with one additional year, except if your domain name's renewal is due in less than 46 days. This condition is only valid at some Registrar's. You must contact your provider to see if this condition applies.

Source: http://help.ovh.ie/DomainTransferComNet

So they do it only if your domain's renewal is not due in next 46 days.

• Thanks,

Did not find this. Unfortunately I want to transfert a more exotic TLD ...

• @wlambrechts said:
    Thanks,

Did not find this. Unfortunately I want to transfert a more exotic TLD ...

They offer extended renewal for .com & .net only I am afraid