Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Meet Mailcone - A new mailing product
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Meet Mailcone - A new mailing product

CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider

Hello Low End Talkers!

We are going to launch a new marketing and transactional email solution and we like you all to know!

Meet www.mailcone.com, a user friendly and developer friendly transactional and marketing mailing partner for the masses.

We just started accepting clients for SMTP, Campaign marketing, API and assisting them with our product and if you are interested why not email us at [email protected] :D

Message to LET moderators and admins: If by any case i am violating rules please inform me :)

Thank you,
Quadcone

Comments

• Is it beta? How can we check it?

• MrXMrX Member

Needs more smilies. If there's one thing I look for in a potential business partner, it's mid-sentence smilies in sales pitches on the company website.

Thanked by 1Blanoz
  • CloudconeCloudcone Member, Patron Provider
    edited August 2014

@jonnathon said:
    Is it beta? How can we check it?

Yup you can email [email protected] to set up your account :)

MrX said: Needs more smilies. If there's one thing I look for in a potential business partner, it's mid-sentence smilies in sales pitches on the company website.

I didn't get your comment. If it was a positive feedback Thanks :)

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

So how is this different than Mandrill, Amazon SES, etc.?

MrX said: Needs more smilies. If there's one thing I look for in a potential business partner, it's mid-sentence smilies in sales pitches on the company website.

Well, I look for people who start sentences with unneeded words like Well.

Thanked by 1msg7086
  • sumosumo Member

I think MrX was being sarcastic. My take is that MrX is insinuating that a serious business with mature principals would not use mid-sentence smilies in sales pitches on the company website

• MrXMrX Member

sumo said: I think MrX was being sarcastic. My take is that MrX is insinuating that a serious business with mature principals would not use mid-sentence smilies in sales pitches on the company website

Correct.

I'm not saying this is in any way an unwelcome new service provider, just that I am instantly hesitant to do business with a company that uses an overly casual language on a supposedly serious website. It makes it look like the whole operation is run by people waiting to hear back on their college applications.

But maybe I'm just an old grump. I can't recall (m)any smilies on the websites of service providers that I do use, though.

Really sorry to hear that @MrX

• GoodHostingGoodHosting Member
    edited August 2014

@MrX said:
    But maybe I'm just an old grump. I can't recall (m)any smilies on the websites of service providers that I do use, though.

A good example of a pretty whimsically laid out site is KeyBase. E.x.: https://keybase.io/

@OP : I second the following question:

@raindog308 said:
    So how is this different than Mandrill, Amazon SES, etc.?

GoodHosting said: A good example of a pretty whimsically laid out site is KeyBase.

...which is not a business.

Quadcone said: Really sorry to hear that @MrX

I guess his comment went over your head.

And...

raindog308 said: So how is this different than Mandrill, Amazon SES, etc.?

...?

The difference is judged by the end users so I suggest that you try Mailcone at the end of Q3 when it's released to the market :)

Quadcone said: The difference is judged by the end users so I suggest that you try Mailcone at the end of Q3 when it's released to the market :)

I think this also went over your head.

The question is "what is different about your service compared to those long-established services"? Different features, or...?

It sounds like Mailcone is just a copycat of Mandrill. So why would someone want to use it?

Please answer this question: given that Mandrill/SES/etc. already exist, why would someone want to use Mailcone?

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • artvartv Member
    edited August 2014

Subscribed :)

Quadcone said: The difference is judged by the end users so I suggest that you try Mailcone at the end of Q3 when it's released to the market :)

@Quadcone Hope you are not responsible for the mailcone.com marketing. ;)

artv said: Hope you are not responsible for the mailcone.com marketing. ;)

Nope i am not.. Maybe that's why ;)

• artvartv Member
    edited August 2014

@Quadcone said:
    Nope i am not.. Maybe that's why ;)

Maybe :) Now tell us why Mailcone?

• @Quadcone said: The difference is judged by the end users so I suggest that you try Mailcone at the end of Q3 when it's released to the market :)

Looks like somebody woke up one morning and said: "I'm going to start an email hosting service", forgetting to add: "arguably one of the most difficult hosting enterprises around". This said, good luck with your new venture @Quadcone. But you may want to give things some more thought and seriously address the question people here threw at you. Marketing 101 and all that jazz ;)

Thanked by 1raindog308