Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any one use VexxHost
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any one use VexxHost

Wanted to know if anyone uses the services of vexxhost.com They have 2 lines of cloud servers and just trying to get a feel of there services recently i have used them a while ago in the past.

Comments

• Yes, their public cloud.

Distro choice are limited, however Windows 2008 and 2012 are available. Features are aplenty, you get API, private networking, images/snapshot, security group, and keypairs. Performance are top notch, the smallest plan come with 2 cores, 512MB and 20GB SSD. Price is a bit pricey though compare to others, i.e DO, Vultr, etc.

No comment on the uptime since I don't use them for production.

One thing that annoy me is their live chat pop up, even when logged in to your account. They seems to be 'too eager' to help.

• Compare to DO and vultr,you'd better choise DO or vr

• since it seems that the network it not so stable .I got lower then 20m bit/s on many times

• I had a terrible experience with them, would not recommend.

• @Faizi said:
    Yes, their public cloud.

Distro choice are limited, however Windows 2008 and 2012 are available. Features are aplenty, you get API, private networking, images/snapshot, security group, and keypairs. Performance are top notch, the smallest plan come with 2 cores, 512MB and 20GB SSD. Price is a bit pricey though compare to others, i.e DO, Vultr, etc.

No comment on the uptime since I don't use them for production.

One thing that annoy me is their live chat pop up, even when logged in to your account. They seems to be 'too eager' to help.

I thought there smallest plan is always on promotion of 5$.

@yernsun said:
    Compare to DO and vultr,you'd better choise DO or vr
    @yernsun said:
    since it seems that the network it not so stable .I got lower then 20m bit/s on many times

I feel like vexxhost js offering better specs then do is even if they don't have a lot of locations how often was network been bad.

@HostNun said:
    I had a terrible experience with them, would not recommend.

Can I have more details

• [OOT] vexxhost is one of kernel.org sponsor.

few week ago I try to signup with them, but I don't do payment because they only accept CC at that time.

• been using once, not recommended. ssd io very SLOW, support is fast, BUT they dont have any idea how to handle problems, poor knowledge. lol

• I know the owner of Vexx. They are good people who work real hard to do things right. If you want to give them a shot, you go ahead and do it. I think you'll like them.