Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ok openvz yum guru's
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ok openvz yum guru's

FRCoreyFRCorey Member
edited June 2012 in General

Can you exclude the standard kernel without impacting openvz kernel updates? or does kernel* match openvz-kernel

Comments

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

kernel* should not exclude openvz-kernel or vzkernel for EL6

• Yep it does not. Tired of the RH kernels complaining about missing it's kernel-firmware package and taking up space in general on the boot partitions.

Thanks

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member

I just uninstall them once I get openvz on.

• yeah I forgot and had a customer complain about ip6 conntrack and status missing and noticed I was a few kernel versions behind so in the process of updating ran into that error.

All I know is that my other boxes have it, but they have the newer kernel, otherwise I'm in the position of messing with custom kernels which I dont want to mess with because it breaks ksplice compatibility.

• TazTaz Member

Meh just remove rhel kernel andhave fun with ovz.

• Murphy's law states that ubuntu's archive.ubuntu.com screws up at the same time we did the reboot. Customer was having issues, but it seems to be the mirror is corrupted and propagating through the other mirrors. Joy. He will try again tomorrow.