Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ColoCrossing: IPv6 "Soon" What a joke!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

ColoCrossing: IPv6 "Soon" What a joke!

MunMun Member

I remember back in 2011 there was a constant joke about Colocrossing and IPv6. It was always responded with "Soon™". Well after building up one of my newest creations I realized that now in 2014, three years later, Colocrossing still doesn't have a single IPv6 address to their ASN.

Proof!

Ipv6 by default is listed first and then IPv4 by the application. Example of Ipv6 .

In any case, the question is now, when will CC get IPv6? Honestly this is 2014, and I think "Soon™" should be changed to "Sooner or later" at this point.

Comments

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

Think the problem is, when they enable it, they will get thousads of tickets for of

• J1021J1021 Member
    edited August 2014

Another CC bash from Mun..

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

In my calclulations, 2017.. Or 2020, tops. But not later than that.

Thanked by 1ihatetonyy
  • AlexBarakov said: In my calclulations, 2017.. Or 2020, tops. But not later than that.

I remember somewhere that they actually quoted a 2017 date or something...

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • MunMun Member

@Rallias said:
    I remember somewhere that they actually quoted a 2017 date or something...

WOW

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

I think 2100.

• hashwaltzhashwaltz Member
    edited August 2014

I dont think about that, I dont thing about that,

But if we call programmer, 2 weeks problem solved.

• I remember in 2011, they said it would be available by Q3 of that year. (Or was that 2012?)

• wats ipv6 lol

6 = illuminaty

• ColoCrossing do have IPv6 Allocation from ARIN, it's just not announced "yet" over their ASN.

• MunMun Member

@kcaj said:
    Another CC bash from Mun..

mmmhmmm, what else am I suppose to do with my free time?

Thanked by 2Noerman TriDoxiuM
  • MunMun Member

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    ColoCrossing do have IPv6 Allocation from ARIN, it's just not announced "yet" over their ASN.

Still....

• @Mun said:
    mmmhmmm, what else am I suppose to do with my free time?

Get out of the house for a change ;-)

Thanked by 1TriDoxiuM
  • Mun said: mmmhmmm, what else am I suppose to do with my free time?

Develop your script that blocks all CC IPs so that you can block all of their traffic whilst complaining about the lack of IPv6 on their network, apparently.

• MunMun Member

@mpkossen said:
    Get out of the house for a change ;-)

I did that yesterday, I filled up my gas tank, got a pound of coffee and lunch at a nice little Cafe and the best thing was I got new shoes! My old ones had holes in them and were starting to hurt when I walked.

In reality though, I still am a CC customer and I honestly would like to have IPv6 on my VMs. It has been now three years of failed promises by them. Honestly "bashing" isn't what I am doing, more like prodding the giant to move in a direction. Not to mention it would be nice if they kept face with what they stated earlier on this forum.

https://www.munroenet.com/uptime/

I see quite a few Bluevm's in there.

• They will implement ipv6 when ARIN runs out of ipv4.

• MunMun Member

@kcaj said:
    Develop your script that blocks all CC IPs so that you can block all of their traffic whilst complaining about the lack of IPv6 on their network, apparently.

Actually the one I linked to is just a list of IPs. Not to mention, it isn't just CC it is any AS you like. Give it a shot.

• MunMun Member

Bahahahaha C=

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

0.72 left shouldn't take dat long aymore.

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran
  • What's the reason of not having it, anyone knows?

• @Mun said:
    In any case, the question is now, when will CC get IPv6?

Classified.

Is that a better answer for you?

• I like that server status script!

• MunMun Member

@GVH_Jon

Um no, and as you are a client of CCs you should be asking the same question. IPv6 is in your benefit to get. People want IPv6 to start preparing for the next coming years. If you don't have it they might find another provider instead.

• MunMun Member

@DalekOfSkaro said:
    I like that server status script!

Thanks C=

• There might not be enough requests for it? I know tons of people that will not start using ipv6 unless they get issues accessing important servers that have only ipv6 - aslong everything works on ipv4 I don't care either.

• Mun said: Mun

Honestly, I'm a CC Client too.. I don't like the issue with IPv6. But they are under a lot of demand for it now so... I'm crossing my fingers for something to happen this year. @jbiloh may have an update.

• Aren't we supposed to have no more IPv4 addresses by now? It seems everything to do with IPv6 is taking a lot longer than expected.