Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Getting a anycast ip?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Getting a anycast ip?

I have been interested in anycast ip's for a while but it seems that everyone assumes that you have your own /24.

Is it possible to get 1 or a few anycast ip's when you don't own the ip's? And if so, what is the price and are there any drawbacks?

Comments

• I'm bringing up a service very shortly in which I will provide you a subnet of anycasted IP space which you can announce as you please via BGP with our edge routers, this will be on the SoftLayer network across 5 locations (1 Asia, 3 US, 1 EU). Feel free to PM me if you would like more specific information, I do aim to include a package within the LET price range though.

Thanked by 2lukesUbuntu taronyu
  • wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

Rage4? @gbshouse

Thanked by 2gbshouse taronyu
  • gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014

@taronyu - we can offer you single anycast IP in three locations (LA, New York and Amsterdam), pricing start from 25€/month including failover support on BGP level and private /24 per location. Optional anycast DDoS protection.

Thanked by 1taronyu
  • taronyutaronyu Member
    edited August 2014

@r0t3n said:
    I'm bringing up a service very shortly in which I will provide you a subnet of anycasted IP space which you can announce as you please via BGP with our edge routers, this will be on the SoftLayer network across 5 locations (1 Asia, 3 US, 1 EU). Feel free to PM me if you would like more specific information, I do aim to include a package within the LET price range though.

When can I/we expect this?

@gbshouse said:
    taronyu - we can offer you single anycast IP in three locations (LA, New York and Amsterdam), pricing start from 25€/month including failover support on BGP level and private /24 per location. Optional anycast DDoS protection.

It is a bit expensive for me, however knowing Rage4 it isn't expensive for this. I'll consider it.

Thank you. :)