Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1,99€ dedicated server ? - Page 6
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

1,99€ dedicated server ?

Comments

• root@sd-21924:~# wget -O /dev/null http://www.as12876.net/test.iso
    --2014-08-22 17:31:51--  http://www.as12876.net/test.iso
    Resolving www.as12876.net (www.as12876.net)... 62.210.16.2, 2001:bc8:1::2
    Connecting to www.as12876.net (www.as12876.net)|62.210.16.2|:80... connected.
    HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
    Length: 629145600 (600M) [application/octet-stream]
    Saving to: `/dev/null'

100%[======================================>] 629,145,600  112M/s   in 5.4s    

2014-08-22 17:31:57 (111 MB/s) - `/dev/null' saved [629145600/629145600]

• @Jack said:
    serverian what OS are you running? My Ubuntu 14.04 is STILL installing..

Debby

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

My coffee collection is complete.

• @iKeyZ said:
    My coffee collection is complete.

sooo what are u gonna do with all of those...

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

I am using them for a new web app I'm developing :)

• sonicsonic Veteran

Can i reinstall OS anytime for free?

• iKeyZiKeyZ Veteran

@sonic said:
    Can i reinstall OS anytime for free?

Yes!

• here a quick comparison between the OVH kimsufi Intel Atom n2800 and the VIA Nano U2250 offered by online.net:
    http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/520/Intel_Atom_N2800_vs_VIA_Nano_U2250.html

• So 23 euro to install windows? anyone know if you can choose BYOL as well?

• Is there a way to set it up so that I have a 100GB storage partition (which I can mirror to the FTP backup) and then when I want to reinstall the OS, I only delete the system partition keeping all my files in the backup partition safe?

• @ditrone said:

So 23 euro to install windows? anyone know if you can choose BYOL as well?

You need to request KVM on demand for the server and mention in the ticket it's for BYOL Windows and install via that way.

I'm waiting for support to activate it so I can put server 2008 on one of them.

• ditroneditrone Member
    edited August 2014

@Gerrard8 said:

great, thanks!

• download from
    DO -> Online.net : 920 KB/s
    Online -> DO : 2 MB/s

• Torrenting allowed? Grabing one for my blog thanks OP

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited August 2014

TOR is not allowed, i guess Torrent is also not allowed. They also dont want any Download Sites, its Fairuse.

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2014

9 minutes and 44 seconds for me. Clean IP, too. It came w/o an OS installed, putting Ubuntu on it now. That'll probably take more than 9 minutes and 44 seconds..

ed: one thing interesting is that the 'statistics' shows bandwidth usage for the last year. whoever had this server in June was using a lot... other than that, nearly nothing =p

• Now I'm told:

Online - Jonathan
    Hello Mr,

I'm sorry, but, for this model of dedibx, kvm can't allow you to upload your own iso,

the only way is to add id with our license.

THanks for answer

Regards,

Jonathan L.

• @Infinity580 said:
    TOR is not allowed, i guess Torrent is also not allowed. They also dont want any Download Sites, its Fairuse.

Thanks. Will the payment be deducted from my CC automatically ? Or I would get a invoice monthly. And how is the canceling process. #noobquestion

• how do you check if the IP is clean?

@zevus said:
    9 minutes and 44 seconds for me. Clean IP, too. It came w/o an OS installed, putting Ubuntu on it now. That'll probably take more than 9 minutes and 44 seconds..

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited August 2014

tommy said: download from DO -> Online.net : 920 KB/s Online -> DO : 2 MB/s

I am getting 20 MB/sec from DO Singapore.

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 20.2M/s   in 5.5s 
  • root@online:~# wget freevps.us/downloads/bench.sh -O - -o /dev/null|bash CPU model : VIA Nano processor U2250 (1.6GHz Capable) Number of cores : 1 CPU frequency : 1595.843 MHz Total amount of ram : 1993 MB Total amount of swap : 3813 MB System uptime : 12 min, Download speed from CacheFly: 50.0MB/s Download speed from Coloat, Atlanta GA: 3.79MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Dallas, TX: 3.26MB/s Download speed from Linode, Tokyo, JP: 1.55MB/s Download speed from i3d.net, Rotterdam, NL: 21.1MB/s Download speed from Leaseweb, Haarlem, NL: 26.8MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Singapore: 1.56MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Seattle, WA: 2.53MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, San Jose, CA: 2.57MB/s Download speed from Softlayer, Washington, DC: 4.37MB/s I/O speed : 72.1 MB/s

i think the kimsufi's disk was better but then :D it is cheaper

• @aFriend said:
    how do you check if the IP is clean?

Usually just googling it will show you if anyone has been messing around on it... but you can also check on robtex.com on the blacklists and projecthoneypot.org. If it's not listed on honeypot or spamhaus, then it's usually safe to say it hasn't been used for anything dodgy (at least in the last few years)

• Can I get VNC access in this so that I can do some PHP coding stuff. Testing basic php code

• @serverian said:

@Gerrard8 said:
    Now I'm told:

Jonathan L.

Just create another partition and mount the windows installation on it, maybe there are tutorials out there already.

• tr1cky said: Just create another partition and mount the windows installation on it, maybe there are tutorials out there already.

>

Wouldn't have a clue how to do that lol

• I tried to get a second but it's telling me my server quota has been exceeded... I guess you can't even get two now? =(

• wychwych Member

@zevus said:
    I tried to get a second but it's telling me my server quota has been exceeded... I guess you can't even get two now? =(

New accounts need to have the ticket validated and limit increased, you can generally order 1/2 then need the account verifying.

• rm_ said: I am getting 20 MB/sec from DO Singapore.

100%[======================================>] 104,857,600 20.2M/s in 5.5s

I just test again still 2-3 MB/s

100%[=====================>] 104,857,600 2.49M/s   in 41s

that fast enough for my need.

• is it really take 45-60 mins to install os? or mine stucked in somewhere

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran