Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OVH Installs 10,000-Server Container Into Montreal Data Center
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OVH Installs 10,000-Server Container Into Montreal Data Center

TACServersTACServers Member
edited August 2014 in General

From datacenterknowledge.com

"... OVH first announced its intentions to enter North America in 2012 and launched the Quebec
facility (its second in the region) last January with capacity for 360,000 servers. The OVH team
built two hosting towers of 10,000 servers each within six months of opening. The third
operational phase brings another 10,000 servers. ..."

Maybe there will be some stock for a little while.

Thanked by 1challengeke

Comments

• Title threw me off, I thought they're moving the hosting towers with some sort of crane or something and they dropped it ;)

• @nexmark, Title edited to reduce mass paranoia. Thanks for pointing that out, however, that is how they have the article titled. Shocked me a bit reading it at first as well!

• wychwych Member

Am I the only one that read it as they setup a monster 10,000 VPS container node...

I now feel disappointed.

Thanked by 3tux howardsl2 orak
  • Wait that's pretty old news. When OVH Canada launched they pushed 10.000 dedicated servers for free for one month via Twitter and their Canada homepage. I had one.

• @SandwichBagGhost - I read this as a newly announced expansion, as they just added another 10,000 servers to their Canada DC.

@wych - With them calling them server towers, I can see where that idea comes from, however, they are towers as in the physical structure that handle the servers themselves.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@wych said:
    Am I the only one that read it as they setup a monster 10,000 VPS container node...

I now feel disappointed.

Only until I remembered their love for shipping containers ;)

• Jar said: Only until I remembered their love for shipping containers ;)

You know Google does this too, right?

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/04/10/google_data_center_video/