Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago VPS: Unreliable & Terrible Support - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago VPS: Unreliable & Terrible Support

13»

Comments

• @Brandito said:
    Wondering if any of you had any trouble with your cvps hosted server last night.

Last night? There's trouble every night.

Congratulations on choosing pretty much the worst VPS provider there is. Save yourself the headache and just switch over before it gets any worse (if it's even possible).

Choose BuyVM for US or RamNode for Europe.

• BranditoBrandito Member
    edited September 2014

@socials said:
    Choose BuyVM for US or RamNode for Europe.

Well that's not very encouraging. I'd prefer to stick with something located in the midwest, that's where I live, and for teamspeak, it's nice for having a good average latency.

I'm new to vps, like I said, and almost as new to linux, so I'm giving cvps till the end of the month before I commit to setting everything up all over again. At least I have a grasp on the linux command line now if/when I do move.

• @Brandito said:
    I'm new to vps, like I said, and almost as new to linux, so I'm giving cvps till the end of the month before I commit to setting everything up all over again. At least I have a grasp on the linux command line now if/when I do move.

What are you paying there? We'll try and match it; and give you 50% off your first invoice.

• 5.95 a month. The price is fine to me for the hardware and connection they offer. Speeds seem good, I was testing around 800/200mbit the last few days, though today the upstream seems to be dropping, getting closer to 120 mbit up now. Could just be the server I'm testing from.

My biggest need is uptime. Granted I don't make any money hosting our ts3 server, but I'd like for our gaming group to have a reliable experience while they're playing. When I self hosted my uptimes were easily above 95% with cable internet, an intel nuc and a small UPS. The whole point of me getting a vps was to get that 95% closer to 100% and to solve the occasional bandwidth issue I had on my home 105/20mbit connection.

• gsrdgrdghdgsrdgrdghd Member
    edited September 2014

CVPS_Chris said: We have hired a new support rep that will be replacing the outsourced team and James.

Are you saying that all your 30,000 active customers are handled by one support guy?