Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Chicago VPS: Unreliable & Terrible Support - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Chicago VPS: Unreliable & Terrible Support

Comments

• I had a few tips from users who commented i should rebrand because clouds4india wasnt a good name ( http://www.clouds4india.com/ ) still redirects to the same site . Reason was because the name had no meaning because neither my services are cloud nor they are in India.

And i haven't had any bad review here ( had quite a few customers thanks to LET ) but my clients are happy enough. I rarely get tickets and most of them asking that their order was marked fraud by maxmind . Other than that im all fine ( though I dont have the obligation to justify myself )

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: And i haven't had any bad review here ( had quite a few customers thanks to LET ) but my clients are happy enough. I rarely get tickets and most of them asking that their order was marked fraud by maxmind . Other than that im all fine ( though I dont have the obligation to justify myself )

You've had this account ten days. Prior to that:

I've been trying to sell in these forums but haven't got even 1 customer / i ve been keeping my node online in hope that atleast a few would turn up sooner / later

I think it's cool if you're trying to go on the straight and narrow and do it for real this time. It's pretty obvious you didn't really learn anything with clouds4india too.

Okay, how about this: I am a prospective client. I run a big website and my livelihood depends on people viewing my original content. Every time my content is stolen and posted elsewhere without credit I make no money and I have a smaller net to cast next time in looking for prospective viewers.

Why would I host my website with you? You're an internet service provider and you're stealing content with no moral compass. What kind of impression do you think you're giving?

• " I run a big website and my livelihood depends on people viewing my original content. "

You think a company like ServerMania would mind if its policy was replicated?? or its services being overwhelmed by other providers with competitive prices . Your comment doesn't support your cause

"You've had this account ten days. Prior to that:"

Theres a reason i opened this account as @mpkosen didnt answer my request for renaming my account @clouds4india other than that i have no reason to make a new account.

"I've been trying to sell in these forums but haven't got even 1 customer / i ve been keeping my node online in hope that atleast a few would turn up sooner / later"

That was when i had no clients, but had resources !

• VPSRAIDSolutions said: You think a company like ServerMania would mind if its policy was replicated?? or its services being overwhelmed by other providers with competitive prices . Your comment doesn't support your cause

I do think they'd mind if a competitor was stealing their content, yes. They paid someone to write that or paid for the template. Still besides the point that you're stealing and you're pretending to be a reputable business entity.

VPSRAIDSolutions said: Theres a reason i opened this account as @mpkosen didnt answer my request for renaming my account @clouds4india other than that i have no reason to make a new account.

I didn't mention anything about that.

VPSRAIDSolutions said: That was when i had no clients, but had resources !

And now you have two clients and still no sense or something.

• wychwych Member

Guys doesn't your fight belong in the pit?

• @wych said:
    Guys doesn't your fight belong in the pit?

I'm out :)

• wych said: Guys doesn't your fight belong in the pit?

Maybe, but if people took him up on this:

VPSRAIDSolutions said: I'm not trying to divert customers to our side but kindly feel free to try us , According to rules im not allowed to post any offers till 14 days

...we'd have a 'VPS Raid: Unreliable & Terrible support' next week.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @AThomasHowe said:
    ...we'd have a 'VPS Raid: Unreliable & Terrible support' next week.

Well i'd like to see that

• I have created a petition. Please sign it if your VPS is down or there is data loss!
    http://www.change.org/p/cvps-and-123systems-full-refund-or-strong-discount

• Always the same support James Burkowitz,he also could not solve my issues,terrible

• I honestly wouldn't be surprised if James Burkowitz was numerous outsourced people using the same account. Multiple times he would respond to my ticket like he had never dealt with it before.

Thanked by 2ATHK Dylan
  • CVPS_ChrisCVPS_Chris Member, Patron Provider

Hey guys, just an update. We have hired a new support rep that will be replacing the outsourced team and James.

We will get ChicagoVPS support back to where it previously was, I do admit a small hiccup the past two months when we lost some support techs but we cannot add someone without a extensive interview and background checks.

Thanks

Chris

Thanked by 1mpkossen
  • @CVPS_Chris said:

ChicagoVPS.net - OpenVZ/Xen/KVM Based VPS's / Great Support! / 6 Geographically Diverse Locations: Buffalo, Chicago, Los Angeles,

LOL

• don't forget GVH . they are even worse

• Really? What's your ticket ID number @antiycda

• They are not. My GVH VPS is pretty decent.

• netrixnetrix Member
    edited September 2014

is 123systems solusvm down? or just me?

proxy problem

• @antiycda said:
    don't forget GVH . they are even worse

@IceCream said:
    They are not. My GVH VPS is pretty decent.

Ladies, ladies, don't fight. Both are terrible in their own special way.

• LET is becoming ComplainAndWhineAboutCVPSandCVHTalk. Sigh

Thanked by 1netomx
  • Becoming???? I can remember the CVPS whines and complaints for a loooong time on several forums. GVH is no new comer to the limelight either.

• Geez.. I wish I'd stumbled upon this before signing up for two KVM vps from these guys and paying for a year on each.. I've read thru the horror-story here and I can echo the SAME thing happening to one of my vps.. Started the end of last month, I'd check the vps and it would be "offline".. It would go back online just fine but the next morning offline again.. Since the process I need these vps for is currently on hold, this was a minor annoyance.. Finally after 3 days of this I put a ticket in.. The ticket explained that the server was currently online but it kept going offline every 24 hours or so.. Got a terse response from "James Burkowitz, Support Guru" saying the server was online and pasting a ping run showing this.. Geez.. Didn't you actually read my original text?? I told you that... Cutting to the chase, after a couple of comment/replies by this guy, he suggests killing this vps and spinning up another.. Told him that would be ok if I can have both up at the same time so I can rsync the 866mb of why I have that vps over to the new one.. First thing out of his mouth on the next reply is "theres no data on that server"... geez.. look in /opt and you'll find about 866MB worth.. Since I'm rapidly getting annoyed with this, I simply rsync all my stuff over to the other node I have, which is working fine.. I then tell him to spin me another vps and I'll let him know when he can kill the current one..

We finally get to the point where he's spun up another server, first thing I discover, I cannot ssh into it, shows a "refused" when attempted.. A couple of delays while that is fixed, then I try the initial root pswd he provided.. No luck with that.. He then gives me another password.. Surprise! this one works.. I get in, do some updates, when all the sudden I get told the filesystem is full.. Guess what? the provisioned server only had 950MB of diskspace provisioned.. I notify him of that fact, and that notification was nearly 3 DAYS AGO.. I asked the next day for an idea what the holdup was and his response was "1st level is currently checking this"..... huh?? How hard is it to use the KVM tools and allocate the agreed-upon diskspace???? We're now into nearly 4 days since, and all attempts at a follow up are unsuccessful.. In the meantime, my original vps
    seems to have stopped going offline.. At this point, I'd be perfectly happy to stay with the original and have the new vps deleted.. One thing I noticed, my original vps was in the LA datacenter and the new one was in NJ...

I have several other vps with other vendors and have zero issues with them.. Wish I'd spun these two vps up with my other vendor.... sigh

• I just noticed that what appears to be ChicagoVPS management seems to be hanging around these parts.. If he'd like to scope out exactly where "James Burkowitz
    Support Guru" is taking my ticket, the ticket # is UTY-404537. Email is lvdave#AT#gmail#DOT#com

• @jnguyen said:
    Really? What's your ticket ID number antiycda

• @CVPS_Chris said:
    Hey guys, just an update. We have hired a new support rep that will be replacing the outsourced team and James.

We will get ChicagoVPS support back to where it previously was, I do admit a small hiccup the past two months when we lost some support techs but we cannot add someone without a extensive interview and background checks.

Thanks

Chris

Chris, you should give something extra to get back into business! Sorry, but these services...

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Waiting for the ignore relevant bits while repeating the same shit response from CVPS, also known as 'NINJA Parrot Style'

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • MorningIrisMorningIris Member
    edited September 2014

They just hired a Moron.

• @MorningIris said:
    They just hired a Moran.

Which one? Nick, Dylan, Chris?

• @Nekki I think they are all same one person, maybe Chris..

Thanked by 1Brandito
  • Wondering if any of you had any trouble with your cvps hosted server last night. My IP for my vps became completely unreachable. No response from ping from myself and various websites, no ssh, teamspeak3 server was unreachable, it was gone from the internet. Logged into my cvps account, and the server was showing that it was up. I could connect through the built in console and see everything was running fine. Firewall was allowing the correct ports, but to be sure I disabled it and still nothing. Didn't think of it at the time (it was late and past bed time) but I did not try to ping anything FROM the server.

My support ticket for the problem was replied to quickly, they told me they could ping the server fine, even provided proof, They were apparently the only people who could reach it though, the rest of the internet was in the dark.

Since it was late I just put my locally hosted ts3 back up and called it a night. At some point though they issued me a new IP. The old ip is now pingable and still shows along side the new one on my account, but I have no access to it. They also offered to rebuild the server, which no, I do not want that, especially considering the server didn't even appear to be connected to the internet.

I'm really new to using a VPS, but so far I'm not impressed with the cvps uptime claims. I got a vps so I could avoid downtime associated with self hosting, I'm fine with getting 6 dollars worth of technical support, but I assumed the uptimes would be better.

• @DalekOfSkaro said:
    LET is becoming ComplainAndWhineAboutCVPSandCVHTalk. Sigh

I will build CVPSTalk.com next to match GVHTalk.com ;)