Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Minecraft PE Servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Minecraft PE Servers

My kids have been playing minecraft PE on tablets for a little while and I thought I should get a minecraft PE server... it seems all the providers out there only have 0.8.1 but the tablets all have 0.9.5 now and wont connect to 0.8.1... does anyone know of a budget minecraft PE host running 0.9.5?

Comments

• Is Minecraft PE better than the PC version? I'm not a Minecraft fan. I always see my cousin's kids play it on tablets, phone.

• ATHKATHK Member

Grab a VPS with a company that allows MC and download http://www.pocketmine.net

Or host locally of that's an option for you?

• If its just for your kids at home, your best bet would be too simply host it on a local machine, otherwise as others have suggested go straight for a VPS.

• Ive got a couple of dedicated servers with Delimiter that i just use for testing... I could put one there... for $5/month it is much easier to let someone else do it for me but it seems thats not likely. I will give it a whirl on the dedi.

• @Chuck I dont think so... the tablet version has far less options but the kids like doing it on the tablet... i might have to join in with them :)

• Chuck said: Is Minecraft PE better than the PC version?

No, and it's not supposed to be. Pocket Edition is an incomplete port of the PC version that's literally years behind in features. It's essentially Minecraft Lite.

That's not to say it's bad for a mobile game -- to the contrary, I'd say for mobile it's quite good -- but there's no comparing it to the PC version.

• @seaeagle said:
    My kids have been playing minecraft PE on tablets for a little while and I thought I should get a minecraft PE server... it seems all the providers out there only have 0.8.1 but the tablets all have 0.9.5 now and wont connect to 0.8.1... does anyone know of a budget minecraft PE host running 0.9.5?

Heres info from a provider in the minecraft market :).

Basically there is no publicly released PE server software. The only "community" made software is one that is more/less reverse engineered called PocketMine. Due to this, you have to rely on them to push updates after mojang has done so.

Bukkit is similar in that they have to reverse the vanilla/official release to update the mod/plugin supported version. Anything that is not released DIRECTLY from mojang is going to have a delay in updates due to the time it takes. This work is by no means simple.

PocketMine Releases: https://github.com/PocketMine/PocketMine-MP/releases

v0.9.5 is supported, but it does not mean its really stable.

If you want to get a minecraft PE service, come to live chat on simplydigitalhosting.com. I can work with you and get one setup on our minecraft plans.

Regards.