Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

123systems.net is down, both site and solus - UPDATE: Up again
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

123systems.net is down, both site and solus - UPDATE: Up again

jvnadrjvnadr Member
edited August 2014 in General

Seem that 123systems.net is down. This affects their client area, their website and solus access (https://srv01.123systems.net). Also, acquiring by CVPS has not resolve their issues with a lot of unstable and unusable boxes.

Thanked by 1GIANT_CRAB

Comments

• It's up & down.

• after the acquisition, things even get worse...

• Did anyone open a ticket with ChicagoVPS regarding this? They may be able to fix it.

• jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

@mpkossen I didn't, but I think that having your main site down and the solus access also down, there is no need to be informed by a single client...

Also, I already opened a ticket some days ago about a problematic vps and didn't still get a solution.

P.S. My 2 vps with them, are also down... @CVPS_Chris

Thanked by 2MannDude mpkossen
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

@serverian Hypocrisy? No, just informing that they are down for some hours. I still stand on what I said before

jvnadr said: It depends on what you want to do with what expectations. If I want to run a production site or a dns server, I will buy IWstack, RAMnode, Inception Hosting, DR.Server and Crissic. For my primary backups I use VPSdime and Fliphost. For supporting purposes like secondary backups, cluster of restreamers, testing etc., I use CVPS, GVH and BlueVM. Their price fits those needs and do their job, most of the time. It's not all black and white.

For 25$ yearly (something like 2$ p/m) 75GB HDD and 2.5RAM + 2.5swap with 2TB bandwidth, is fine for a non-critical use, even if their uptime is something like 95-96%...

• @jvnadr said:
    serverian Hypocrisy? No, just informing that they are down for some hours. I still stand on what I said before

For 25$ yearly (something like 2$ p/m) 75GB HDD and 2.5RAM + 2.5swap with 2TB bandwidth, is fine for a non-critical use, even if their uptime is something like 95-96%...

Then please, for gods sake, stop opening threads when they go down. You know they go down and they will go down till the end of the time. Opening a thread about it and seeing it keep getting bumped is annoying after seeing you that you already know what's it all about anyway.

Thanked by 2Mark_R k0nsl
  • jvnadrjvnadr Member
    edited August 2014

I do not open threads for my problems with boxes (you can imagine that I have downtimes from those providers, I do not open threads here), I prefer open tickets to support. This is an exception, because this is not a downtime for my boxes. Their main website, their client area and their solus management is down, as of my 2 vps's in different nodes. That's why I opened the thread, not to bash Having all services, sites and management system down, I think is an issue that should be stated in this community.

• @jvnadr said:
    I do not open threads for my problems with boxes (you can imagine that I have downtimes from those providers, I do not open threads here), I prefer open tickets to support. This is an exception, because this is not a downtime for my boxes. Their main website, their client area and their solus management is down, as of my 2 vps's in different nodes. That's why I opened the thread, not to bash Having all services, sites and management system down, I think is an issue that should be stated in this community.

Sometimes, I feel we need to remind certain providers that the forum is called LowEndTalk, not LowEndQuality/LowEndHosting. I understand it's a cheap price, but uptime is crucial in any hosting scenario. It's like oxygen for servers.

• Client area is still back. @MPKossen @Spirit you can close this thread now, before it turns to a bumping thread again...

Pwner said: Sometimes, I feel we need to remind certain providers that the forum is called LowEndTalk, not LowEndQuality/LowEndHosting. I understand it's a cheap price, but uptime is crucial in any hosting scenario. It's like oxygen for servers.

I agree, but the uptime or/and the speed/stability expectations are different for higher prices than cheapish boxes. I don't mind so to have some downtime to a box of 1$ p/m, I am happy that I can buy some boxes for testing, learning or secondary uses, purposes that I couldn't fulfill if there weren't those cheap prices... I can buy 4-5 cheap vps for those purposes but I cannot buy 4-5 vps of 7-10$ p/m, just for playing...

• inb4:

Spirit said:
    Please do not mention all the staff members, just Flag the post.

Thanked by 1jvnadr
  • jvnadr said: before it turns to a bumping thread again...

Bump

This discussion has been closed.