Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Host Nun ✞ 1 Year Anniversary Sale ✞ 1 GB - 6 GB OpenVZ Bhikkhuni Sangha in Vegas from $2.49 / month
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Host Nun ✞ 1 Year Anniversary Sale ✞ 1 GB - 6 GB OpenVZ Bhikkhuni Sangha in Vegas from $2.49 / month

HostNunHostNun Member
edited August 2014 in Offers

Host Nun was founded in July of 2013 after learning about the Vatican's offer of time off purgatory to followers of Pope Francis's tweets. We have been providing shared and VPS hosting by way of various virtual cloisters ever since!

Our primary concern is with encouraging an 'ethics' of ascetic integrity throughout the hosting milieu, and with maintaining genuinely affordable prices as an inseperable aspect of that process. Whilst the traditional monastic rigours of poverty, chastity, and obedience remain vital to us, we are simultaneously interested in syncretistic approaches—i.e. transgenesis—to which we contrast the automatic failover systems of doctrinal isolationism.

This sale was originally submitted to Low End Box a couple weeks ago for our one year anniversary (July 31st). In the interim, the node that was reserved for it started gaining clients by other means, so we decided to make this thread instead, lest we reached capacity prior to the LEB mods getting a chance to consider it.

A scene from Aleksandr Medvedkin's 1934 silent film, Happiness (Счастье, Schastye)

OpenVZ / SolusVM / Pabbajja

Haiqing

128 MB 1 GB RAM

256 MB 1 GB Vswap

888 GB 1 TB Bandwidth

12 GB 60 GB RAID 10 HDD

1 2 Cores

1 2 IPv4

$3 $2.49 / month or $30 $20 / year

Antarvāsa

256 MB 2 GB RAM

512 MB 2 GB Vswap

888 GB 2 TB Bandwidth

24 GB 80 GB RAID 10 HDD

2 4 Cores

1 2 IPv4

$4 $3 / month or $40 $30 / year

Uttarāsaṅga

512 MB 3 GB RAM

1024 MB 3 GB Vswap

1888 GB 3 TB Bandwidth

48 GB 100 GB RAID 10 HDD

3 6 Cores

1 2 IPv4

$6 $4 / month or $60 $40 / year

Saṃghāti

768 MB 4 GB RAM

1536 MB 4 GB Vswap

2888 GB 4 TB Bandwidth

72 GB 120 GB RAID 10 HDD

4 8 Cores

1 2 IPv4

$8 $5 / month or $80 $48 / year

Śrāmaṇerī

1024 MB 5 GB RAM

2048 MB 5 GB Vswap

3888 GB 5 TB Bandwidth

96 GB 160 GB RAID 10 HDD

5 10 Cores

1 2 IPv4

$10 $6 / month

Bhikkhuni

2048 MB 6 GB RAM

4096 MB 6 GB Vswap

4888 GB 6 TB Bandwidth

144 GB 200 GB RAID 10 HDD

6 12 Cores

1 2 IPv4

$12 $7 / month

Addons & Upgrades

✞ Additional IPv4 - $1

✞ 8 TB Bandwidth - $1

✞ Remote Backups - $1

✞ VPS Reseller Panel - $1

✞ cPanel/WHM - $16.95

✞ IPv6 - FREE

VPS are hosted via Fiberhub on Dual Intel Xeon L5630 & L5639 nodes w/ shared 200 Mbps ports. All plans come with a 40 day money back guarantee.

http://upasika.hostnun.net/speedtest.tar.gz

We are now accepting more than 30 different currencies including Bitcoin!

Testimony

"I've have nothing but good experience since I've signed up with HostNun. Instant deployment and ticket request to (generously) upgrade bandwidth to 8888GB was answered within minutes." - @vpnarea

"Very solid network there at Fiberhub. Our Host Nun box uptime for last 30 days: 99.998%. Recommended." - @NodePing

"Next month will be my third invoices with them. So far satisfied, service and support wise." - @Faizi

"I have a Host Nun plan for 3 months so far, uptime is solid, friendly support." - @souen

"Honourable mentions: Hostnun" - @Silvenga

Thank you for considering us and God Bless!

Thanked by 2Mark_R iLLagHee

Comments

• A gracious offer. You might want to sort the disk space typo in the title

• Well here's something new

• mov3mov3 Member

Do you have test ip and test files?

• if I order Bhikkhuni and I select 8TB Upgrade option, 6TB+8TB=14TB???

• @mov3 said:
    Do you have test ip and test files?

HostNun has graciously (no pun intended) donated a server to the speedtest project. You can directly test your download / upload speed by using

wget dl.getipaddr.net/speedtest.NA.sh -O- | bash 

Full version / source code can be found here.

Thanked by 2Chuck HostNun
  • @ricardo Thanks! No disk space typo, though, the title is referring to RAM.

@mov3 yes, http://upasika.hostnun.net/speedtest.tar.gz & http://priory.hostnun.net/speedtest.tar.gz

@theenter no, it's an upgrade from [whatever your plan is] to 8 TB.

• Could you explain your reseller gospel.
    Might be interested if you don't mind heathens

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited August 2014

@solarman Thanks for asking, I hadn't explained it on LET before.

If someone becomes a reseller, their account is given access to SolusVM's 'reseller panel'. From there they may provision ₪ VPS where ₪ = the amount of IP addresses they have. Resellers may buy/cancel IPs in step with the amount of VPS they want to provision (pay as you go) and so on and so forth.

EDIT: We don't offer 'white label' SSL access to 'your own' SolusVM URL, though.

• Sold

• Hi, two questions:

When will the offer expire?
    How many IPv6 addresses?.

Thanks.

• @tomcat88 idk, it depends on node capacities. If a node becomes 'too full' I will close signups (provisionally), but it's hard to predict if/when that will happen as people come and go.

How many IPv6 addresses?

If it's not too exorbitant, it's probably doable.

• @HostNun alright, thanks for the info.

• Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

@Hostnun I'm your existing customer. Rock-Solid Experience after I left @INIZ

Is it possible to migrate from "Hegumenia" to "Saṃghāti/Śrāmaṇerī/Bhikkhuni" ??

• @Mahfuz_SS_EHL thank you and yes, I think the upgrade/downgrade options should be available to you in the client area. If not, submit a ticket and I'll get it sorted.

• Allow torrent leech???

• @PremiumFast_Net please see our ToS.

• Are there any plans to make CentOS 7 available for install?

How about FreeBSD?

I've noticed a lot of bugs with the defautl 14.04 x64 install. Lots of issues with MySQL server and GPG signatures, etc.

• HostNunHostNun Member
    edited August 2014

@zerodamage CentOS 7 will be available shortly, probably by some time this evening at the latest.

No immediate plans re: FreeBSD, although it might eventually happen as we've received a few requests for it over the months.

• @HostNun - Any chance of getting back 6g offer?

• @kontinuity I made one more available.

• amhoabamhoab Member
    edited August 2014

zerodamage said: I've noticed a lot of bugs with the defautl 14.04 x64 install. Lots of issues with MySQL server and GPG signatures, etc.

With the Ubuntu 14.04 minimal template from OpenVZ, you have to apt-get install --reinstall ubuntu-keyring to fix the gpg issues, unless you want to look up their pgp keys and import them manually.

Thanked by 1HostNun
  • Last call if you want one of these!

Availability:

Haiqing (1)
    Antarvāsa (1)
    Uttarāsaṅga (1)
    Saṃghāti (0)
    Śrāmaṇerī (0)
    Bhikkhuni (0)

• @amhoab said:

Did not know that. Thank you!

• Any chance of getting any of these plans... Saṃghāti or Śrāmaṇerī ?

• Not now, but maybe in a week or so. I can email or PM you if/when they become available, if you want.

• pls pm me... regards

• heyits_bobheyits_bob Member
    edited August 2014

I've been meaning to ask this awhile ago.. but why exactly is your postal address in your whois also used by some other shady looking services?

EDIT:
    I certainly do have a team of certified detective anime watchers on the lookout! 8)
    Unclear wording on my part! Never meant to say they were shady themselves and things have been cleared up in a PM. Carry on.

• Why exactly is your avatar in your LET profile also used by some other shady looking internet detective anime likers?

Host Nun has no physical address and I was using my PO box for other things at the time, so I bought one of those 'virtual mailboxes' in hopes that it might stave off the dormant internet detective gene in snail mail crew. I wasn't aware that we were complicit with 'other shady looking services' in obtaining the address, but I remember drmike saying something similar in one of his VPSBoard creeper threads.

That said, the address you're referring to expired in May. I hadn't gotten around to updating it yet, so thanks for the reminder.

• Don't any body answer ticked? it take three days from September 21