Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any ReverseHost Client Here? My VPS is Gone
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any ReverseHost Client Here? My VPS is Gone

nadiar429nadiar429 Member
edited August 2014 in Reviews

Hi,

I am a client of Reversehost since 11/29/13. I bought the ReverseHost's offer for yearly payment term.. Yes, it was from LET offer.. I didn't login to the client area for a long time, when I logged to the client area yesterday, my service was gone, my VPS is gone!

I hosted one website there and that not serious web, but still, my data is gone..

I could login to solusVM, but my VPS was gone through. I have sent a ticket, but until now still no reply, bad support.

stay away from them..

Comments

• If it's been 24 hours without any update then see if you can get their attention in FB/Twitter.

@Ihtasham is not active here for over a month now.

• If your VPS was on a San Diego node, there were some issues with Calihop (they went belly up, and left every man for themselves) IIRC You had to ticket in and request a new VPS in Las Vegas.

• My redundant box with them is currently ok. You might need to wait for ticket response and they might create a new VPS for you if your VPS was with Calihop as @skybucks100 mentioned.

• @skybucks100 said:
    If your VPS was on a San Diego node, there were some issues with Calihop (they went belly up, and left every man for themselves) IIRC You had to ticket in and request a new VPS in Las Vegas.

Yes, my vm was in San Diego. I'm waiting the response now.. It has been more than 24 hours no reply..

• Run away??

• FritzFritz Veteran
    edited August 2014

No. I thought they had sent you a notification to move to Las Vegas Node.

Where have you been dude?

Everyone has been moved to LV node I believe.

• You let a box there without any monitoring at all, you don't read the emails that provider (reversehost) has sent to their client, you don't come even here to inform what has happened, and now you say to others to stay away from this provider. You should check more often what is happening to your boxes and the updates from your providers.

Reverse host sent multiple emails to all of their clients to inform them that after the failure of their Datacenter (Callihop) in San Diego, they lost all of their servers (as a lot of vps and dedi providers did in July). They migrated all of the clients asked for in other locations and moved the data, when that was possible (from the servers that were still on line then).

@Ihtasham was never active here on LET, @Hassan was the original owner of the company, Ihtasham took over after the DC issue. Hassan, as I recall, is no logner active on that company. You should open a ticket to ask them to setup a new box for you in their current locations. As of your data, I'm afraid you have to forget them for good...

I don't know the current state of their company, but my vps is working and, I have to say, better than before (it was never a rock - solid provider). I run an observium monitoring system there fom my other vps's and, although the box is a bit slow, I didn't experience significant downtimes.

• nadiar429nadiar429 Member
    edited August 2014

@Fritz said:
    No. I thought they had sent you a notification to move to Las Vegas Node.

Where have you been dude?

Everyone has been moved to LV node I believe.

My bad, I don't know what just happened to them. I think, now, me is the only person who waiting.

@jvnadr said:
    You let a box there without any monitoring at all, you don't read the emails that provider (reversehost) has sent to their client, you don't come even here to inform what has happened, and now you say to others to stay away from this provider. You should check more often what is happening to your boxes and the updates from your providers.

Reverse host sent multiple emails to all of their clients to inform them that after the failure of their Datacenter (Callihop) in San Diego, they lost all of their servers (as a lot of vps and dedi providers did in July). They migrated all of the clients asked for in other locations and moved the data, when that was possible (from the servers that were still on line then).

Ihtasham was never active here on LET, Hassan was the original owner of the company, Ihtasham took over after the DC issue. Hassan, as I recall, is no logner active on that company. You should open a ticket to ask them to setup a new box for you in their current locations. As of your data, I'm afraid you have to forget them for good...

I don't know the current state of their company, but my vps is working and, I have to say, better than before (it was never a rock - solid provider). I run an observium monitoring system there fom my other vps's and, although the box is a bit slow, I didn't experience significant downtimes.

Yes, my bad to didnt check the VM and I don't know what happened to Reverse host, I just finished read their issue, I felt bad about them.

If they sent some email, the email should be went to spam folder. I don't recieived email from them. That was not my fault.

But, still, they not response my ticket more thar 48 hours now.. :(( I felt that I was not treated as their client, it looks like there is no seriousness of them.

• Best advice, your data is lost, move to another provider.

• Strange for me, they dont actually move all their clients, but ratherthan based on user request, considering their situation, they should moved all their user from san diego to las vegas, doesnt matter its inactive or not, not based on their request.

As provider actually they make money from inactive users

• agentmishraagentmishra Member, Host Rep

oops

try raising a support ticket with the details you got while signup and see if you can get it back...

• nadiar429nadiar429 Member
    edited August 2014

Still no reply,. I will not go with them again. I hope you guys safe and the thing like this don't happen to you all. Keep the backup.