Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for EU Storage VPS / Clearance dedicated server with 1 TB Disk
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for EU Storage VPS / Clearance dedicated server with 1 TB Disk

AmitzAmitz Member
edited August 2014 in Requests

Dear all,

I am looking for a storage VPS or low priced dedicated clearance server with 1 TB disk capacity.
I do not need much CPU and 512 MB RAM would be sufficient in case of a VPS.
Another possibility would be a dedicated server with any dual-core CPU and 2 GB RAM.
Connectivity with 1 Gbps would be nice, of course. Will certainly stay way below 5 TB per month.

It has to be in the EU. That is as important as having 1 TB of disk space.

I know that I am tight with that, but my budget for a VPS would be around EUR 15-20 per month and up to EUR 25 for a dedicated server.

This server will be used as secondary backup of a 800 GB XenPower VPS that I have. So another Prometeus VPS is not an option. I would love to go with @serverian backupsy, but their EU locations are out of my budget, unfortunately.

Thank you very much for your hints and tips in advance!

Kind regards
Amitz

Comments

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Kimsufi KS-2/3 is well within your budget, any reason not to go for that?

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • PatrickPatrick Member
    edited August 2014

KS or http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

Whilst 150 Mbps is guaranteed I was doing 800Mbps with my XC frequently without a issue for months.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2014

@AnthonySmith said:
    Kimsufi KS-2/3 is well within your budget, any reason not to go for that?

Yes, I would love to have some sort of support if the hardware dies without jumping through loopholes for weeks. Therefore no OVH. I would prefer a VPS over a dedicated server to profit from the RAID
    setup compared to the single disk of most dedicated servers in that price range.

@INIZ said:
    KS or http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/dedibox-xc

Whilst 150 Mbps is guaranteed I was doing 800Mbps with my XC frequently without a issue for months.

Thank you - one XC is already part of "the backup chain" and I would like to spread the servers between different providers.

• I think hardware failure is automatically detected and replaced by OVH 24x7 (no need to go through support)

Thanked by 2Amitz Shoaib_A
  • @hostnoob said:
    I think hardware failure is automatically detected and replaced by OVH 24x7 (no need to go through support)

I went through the OVH hell once. Really would like to avoid them, if possible. Furthermore, I never seem to catch the right moment for a KS-3 to be available in France.

• @Amitz said:
    I went through the OVH hell once. Really would like to avoid them, if possible. Furthermore, I never seem to catch the right moment for a KS-3 to be available in France.

I don't think they have delivered a lot of KS-3s in France, tbh

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • tr1ckytr1cky Member
    edited August 2014

Go with @serverian: http://vpsdime.com

14$/month for 1TB

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • @tr1cky said:
    Go with serverian: http://vpsdime.com

14$/month for 1TB

Wow. Why are they so much cheaper than the comparable backupsy plans? Any catch? It is just a bit of a pity that they are in the UK (privacy concerns), but absolutely something to consider! Thank you for the hint!

• @tr1cky said:
    Go with serverian: http://vpsdime.com

14$/month for 1TB

Why is 1TB from VPSDime cheaper than 1TB from Backupsy?

• @hostnoob said:
    Why is 1TB from VPSDime cheaper than 1TB from Backupsy?

They use OpenVZ for VPSDime and KVM for Backupsy, so you could oversell HDD space, allthough they probably do this I am sure you can still use all the space you purchased.

Also there was a double credit offer for backupsy once (credit your account and credit gets doubled), maybe that's another reason for the higher prices with backupsy.

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • @Amitz said:
    Dear all,

I am looking for a storage VPS or low priced dedicated clearance server with 1 TB disk capacity.
    I do not need much CPU and 512 MB RAM would be sufficient in case of a VPS.
    Another possibility would be a dedicated server with any dual-core CPU and 2 GB RAM.
    Connectivity with 1 Gbps would be nice, of course. Will certainly stay way below 5 TB per month.

It has to be in the EU. That is as important as having 1 TB of disk space.

I know that I am tight with that, but my budget for a VPS would be around EUR 15-20 per month and up to EUR 25 for a dedicated server.

This server will be used as secondary backup of a 800 GB XenPower VPS that I have. So another Prometeus VPS is not an option. I would love to go with serverian backupsy, but their EU locations are out of my budget, unfortunately.

Thank you very much for your hints and tips in advance!

Kind regards
    Amitz

We have a dedicated server, with Q6600, 4GB ram, we can put in 1TB hard drive for you, £29.99/mo

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

@MSPNick why do you jump on threads offering stuff that clearly is not wanted and over budget all the time?

That is double his budget, literally double!

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2014

If only for backup, why not go with ftp'n'web, can make a 1 tb plan for you at 10 times the yearly price of 100 gb, meaning 180. That is in Germany with leaseweb, offers ftp and http including ssl if you need only some space to backup to. Has 24 drives in raid. Normal traffic is 400 gb for 100 gb, 10 times that would be 4 tb a month.
    Shell can be enabled for all long time customers in good standing and you surely qualify.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • BradBrad Member

@AnthonySmith said:
    MSPNick why do you jump on threads offering stuff that clearly is not wanted and over budget all the time?

That is double his budget, literally double!

He must have only read the bolds.

• If you decide you could need more than 1TB of space i could do an atom dedi with 3TB HDD for $30/month (+VAT). However for just 1TB of space it wouldn't be worth, $ per TB wise.

Thanked by 1Amitz
  • AmitzAmitz Member
    edited August 2014

Hello guys,

I found a private solution for the backup which renders me quite happy. Thank you all for your kind hints, tips and special offers! That is very much appreciated and I know now where to go to when looking for a place for backups next time.

@Maounique: Thank you very much for the kind offer! It is just that I would like to have the backups at different providers (the "not all eggs in one basket" theory) and the main site (a private Seafile "cloud") is already hosted on your wonderful and incredibly reliable service. <3 you and your service, by the way. Cannot be said often enough. ;-)

Have a nice Sunday everyone and kind regards

A.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Yes, well, I understood the different providers as different datacenters :)
    Sorry about that.

Thanked by 1Amitz