Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wired Firefox / Nginx problem
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Wired Firefox / Nginx problem

dnwkdnwk Member

I am doing a reverse proxy in Nginx with SSL. However, when visiting the site via Firefox, I receive a 502 Bad Gateway error. But it works find with all other browsers. Anyone know where is the problem?

Comments

• MunMun Member

It sounds like your other browsers are caching.

• dnwkdnwk Member

Solved. Thanks

• Sounds like it might be related to the new mozilla pkix SSL verification library. Are you using a self-signed SSL certificate and the latest Firefox (31)? Long story short, Mozilla's new SSL verification library rejects self signed SSL certificates, silently, if they're created wrong (and by created wrong, I mean "following the directions of 99.99% of SSL tutorials on the web") without giving you a way to accept the cert.

Try setting security.use_mozillapkix_verification to false in about:config. If that solves the problem, the new pkix is the issue, and can be remedied by creating a new certificate using the "-extensions usr_cert" option for openssl.

• dnwk said: Solved. Thanks

OH????? how about tell us, how to solve that problem??

• firefox caching, the best way is clear cache AND "site preferences".

also check your nginx
    cache-control: max-age

• dnwkdnwk Member

@tommy said:
    OH????? how about tell us, how to solve that problem??

See first reply