Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reseller Cpanel hosting or VPS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Reseller Cpanel hosting or VPS

I was thinking of another small vps for a few clients sites as I'm a little busy with web design at the minute. I don't really want the hassle of managing another vps and yet another cpanel licence. What's the major difference between a vps and reseller hosting besides root access?

Comments

• wychwych Member
    edited August 2014

Go Reseller then, and typically the owner of the node can set limits on your reseller etc. Obviously if you are root you set everything.

• The only issue I may have is max emails per hour as a few clients have a newsletter script

• And would also like my own ns records is this possible with reseller?

• @n1kko: I know for a fact that there are providers that will let you glue our ns1-2 DNS Records to their DNS Servers and use a whitelisted ns1 and ns2 addresses (as a reseller). As for the max hourly email, requesting unlimited hourly emails usually raises a red flag for obvious reasons.

Furthermore, it really does depend on your budget. For example, the reseller account I mentioned is probably $55.00/mo or so.

• wychwych Member

@n1kko said:
    The only issue I may have is max emails per hour as a few clients have a newsletter script

Make it use mandrill.

• @wych said:
    Make it use mandrill.

I would make each customer use their own mandrill (each newsletter mailer.) I'm not in the mailing business, so it's completely up to them to find a suitable means of E-Mailing. Sometimes there's just too much of a body of E-Mail to safely accommodate.

• Mandrill can be setup on a sever level and then you'd have to add all the domains on the server to the Mandrill account manually (or via API). However, this wouldn't work when you use a reseller account.

Furthermore, Mandrill has a limit of 12k sends per month on the free tier. So it might not work for everyone.

As far as Email Campaigns go, I am not so very trusting when I encounter a potential client who's into "Email Marketing". It usually raises a red flag.

This is what services like Mailchimp are here for, no?

• I guess I will get my clients to use mail chimp as the free plan offers enough monthly emails anyway.