Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GoodHosting is down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

GoodHosting is down

lewissuelewissue Member
edited August 2014 in General

I haven't got their VPS and this exceeded the 3 days window

their main site is down

let's ping it clients.goodhosting.co

Finally got it~

Comments

• Please remove the 'a'

• @ftpit said:
    Please remove the 'a'

removed

• A very informative post.

• Thanks for the useless post...

• So not really down, you just didn't get your VM in time. Didn't you post about this already? Or I know this has popped up once in a reply somewhere :)

• @MCHPhil said:
    So not really down, you just didn't get your VM in time. Didn't you post about this already? Or I know this has popped up once in a reply somewhere :)

no the offical site is down
    http://clients.goodhosting.co
    lets ping it

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited August 2014

@lewissue said:
    lets ping it

*queue's drum sound.

That's something you would maybe want to put in the first post :P Not the 9th.

Looks like DNS is down.

Thanked by 1serverboss
  • @MCHPhil said:

that's so baddadfsdfsdfasekqrpwe'adc

• @MCHPhil said:

How many times has his DNS servers gone down? Isn't this the third time in about 6 weeks?

Thanked by 1hostnoob
  • MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited August 2014

@eddynetweb said:
    How many times has his DNS servers gone down? Isn't this the third time in about 6 weeks?

I do not keep count. A few sounds good? Just an observer. Grab a LEB and put a DNS server outside OVH :)

• @MCHPhil said:

not only this. his servers are down
    http://192.99.193.1:9869/
    I can't log in and it shows expired

• @MCHPhil said:
    I do not keep count. Just an observer.

I just made a rough guess.

• still not recovered

• @eddynetweb said:
    I just made a rough guess.

I remember at least 2 in the last few weeks, so it could be 3.

• wat? they still not online

• Hello Lewissue,

You have a bad habbit of closing deployment tickets, I'm not sure how our staff is meant to keep track of the orders and requests you keep making (especially since they're all specialized orders) if you keep closing the deployment tickets regarding them. We keep notes in the tickets to communicate with each other in regards to what must be deployed, and what the state of deployment is.

As well, your services were deployed; all 15GB of suck as requested, as well as your 5x 1.5GB services, and the other 5x 1GB services; as you requested. If there are still any services missing, please list their service ID in a ticket to us; and don't close it immediately this time.

As per the DNS, it's becoming quite a nuisance, so I'm moving our sites out to an nginx cluster, cPanel is far too wasteful on resources to be held in any reasonably sized environment, exim keeps OOMing on cpsrvd restart / boot...

Either way, I don't see how you need to make a thread every time our staff don't reply to your tickets in the first five minutes they are created. LowEndTalk is a discussion forum, not a helpdesk.

• @GoodHosting said:
    Hello Lewissue,

You have a bad habbit of closing deployment tickets, I'm not sure how our staff is meant to keep track of the orders and requests you keep making (especially since they're all specialized orders) if you keep closing the deployment tickets regarding them. We keep notes in the tickets to communicate with each other in regards to what must be deployed, and what the state of deployment is.

As well, your services were deployed; all 15GB of suck as requested, as well as your 5x 1.5GB services, and the other 5x 1GB services; as you requested. If there are still any services missing, please list their service ID in a ticket to us; and don't close it immediately this time.

As per the DNS, it's becoming quite a nuisance, so I'm moving our sites out to an nginx cluster, cPanel is far too wasteful on resources to be held in any reasonably sized environment, exim keeps OOMing on cpsrvd restart / boot...

Either way, I don't see how you need to make a thread every time our staff don't reply to your tickets in the first five minutes they are created. LowEndTalk is a discussion forum, not a helpdesk.

Your client helpdesk is still down

• How does moving your sites to nginx cluster fix the dns instability? Get a few VM's elsewhere and host DNS. Simple and cheap solution to this, recurring, issue.

• @GoodHosting said:
    Hello Lewissue,

And I haven't closed the ticket
    https://clients.goodhosting.co/viewticket.php?tid=VYP-0989-OXR&c=W6j4AO0s

• GoodHosting said: cPanel is far too wasteful on resources to be held in any reasonably sized environment, exim keeps OOMing on cpsrvd restart / boot...

Strong statement there, but that does not happen unless you are hosting your main site on OpenVZ and/or with <1GB RAM.

• @noosVPS said:

Our current (and about to be decommissioned) cPanel server was a KVM instance with 4GB of RAM, (3860 avail to the OS). 1GB swap was configured in case it was required.

MySQL was offloaded to a separate 2GB RAM VPS, so I'm not sure what's going on there.

Congrats on using OpenNebula by the way!

• @GoodHosting said:
    Congrats on using OpenNebula by the way!

Even if I beg you................................ Please active the VPS now......................................

You broke the TOS of 3 days delivary

• GoodHosting said: 15GB of suck

Ha!

Thanked by 2Mark_R AlexanderM
  • @lewissue said:
    You broke the TOS of 3 days delivary

Three of your "late deployed" services were only paid TODAY. One of them however, was above the deployment window; and was adjusted as such. Check your account credit.

@serverian said:
    Ha!

Typo, thanks for pointing it out, haha.

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@GoodHosting said:
    Three of your "late deployed" services were only paid TODAY. One of them however, was above the deployment window; and was adjusted as such. Check your account credit.

You have given away the orders and times of payment this client has made. You may want to have a chat with your lawyer about privacy issues and clients, I've seen post where you do this many times.

• @MCHPhil said:
    Grab a LEB and put a DNS server outside OVH :)

Or keep your DNS server at OVH but setup a DNS cluster :)

Setting 2 DNS on same VPS as your website is not a good idea in my experience.

We have our website hosted on one of our KVM VPS of the gaming community at OVH & have had no problems but setup is like this:

First VPS has our website hosted on one of our KVM VPS with cPanel hosted on our own nodes

NS1 is hosted on another VPS on same node in Gravelines with cPanel DNS only

NS2 is on an OVH Classic VPS in Strasbourg with cPanel DNS only

NS3 is on another OVH Classic VPS in Beauharnois with cPanel DNS only

Planing to setup NS4 in some other country

And this is just a non-profit gaming community so if you are doing something commercial, having a redundant DNS setup is a must. If you can't afford that then better use your domain registrar's DNS servers.

• MCHPhilMCHPhil Member
    edited August 2014

@GoodHosting said:
    Our current (and about to be decommissioned) cPanel server was a KVM instance with 4GB of RAM, (3860 avail to the OS). 1GB swap was configured in case it was required.

I'd suggest getting someone to help you manage your services. Blaming cPanel is a very very lame reason. cPanel is the industry standard, if it didn't perform well with 4GB of RAM it would be apparently known.

Hell I'm using a phenom 840 with 4GB RAM in KC to host over XXX sites. Via cPanel. No issues at all. MySQL is also not offloaded.

Or give some details as to what's making it fail in your environment. Maybe someone can assist you.

Thanked by 1Peroni
  • wychwych Member

Just make a proper DNS cluster.

OVH nor cPanel are to blame; my boxes work fine.

Thanked by 3Shoaib_A Peroni Floris