Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need High RAM Dedi
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Need High RAM Dedi

RurikoRuriko Member
edited August 2014 in Requests

Hi I'm looking for a cheap dedi server with lots of RAM. I want 16GB of RAM and the other specs can be anything.

Budget: $20/month

Comments

• You can't be serious.

• @petris said:
    You can't be serious.

Check his other threads. He's always after the impossible! I admire him.

• @petris said:
    You can't be serious.

well if delimitervps can do 16gb why can't some others?

• @Ruriko said:
    well if delimitervps can do 16gb why can't some others?

You're wanting double what Delimiter offers for the same price; Delimiter is already scraping the bottom of the barrel.

• @petris said:
    You're wanting double what Delimiter offers for the same price; Delimiter is already scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Guess I'll halve it but as long it's not Delimiter :(

• vdnetvdnet Member
    edited August 2014

Most servers use 1 amp of power unless you're buying an atom which by 16GB of RAM, you don't seem to be after an atom. The cost of power with UPS bundled in from any datacenter is going to be between $10 and $20 per amp depending on the location. I hope this clears up a little bit what you're asking for.

The power costs are almost $20 for any typical low end server and that doesn't include space, cabinet costs, pdu costs, switch costs, bandwidth costs, support costs, and the costs of the server itself.

I hope this clears up why you're after the impossible. Any host selling dedicateds for $20/month are either losing money or counting on upgrades with large upgrade costs. (EG a host that sells a server and charges more than the server costs if you want to upgrade anything)

Thanked by 2petris W3Host
  • Go for a kimsufi. Cheapest you can get.

• DDoSSentry said: Go for a kimsufi. Cheapest you can get.

OP wants something even cheaper. Best free.

• @concerto49 said:
    OP wants something even cheaper. Best free.

let's ask for sponsorship!

on the serious side, since you said that you can half it, why not choose a KS3?

• I have the KS3 and it runs extremely well.

• edited August 2014

Within this budget $20 you cant get a dedicated with 16GB of RAM. Major cost is for RAM and CPU. You need to raise your budget.

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited August 2014

Yeah I think delimitervps does it at 20$ / month if you pay for quart @MarkTurner

Thanked by 1MarkTurner
  • Delimiter's Dual X5150, 16GB, 500GB disk server fits the bill - $20/month (paid quarterly) see here

• He already said he doesn't want something from Delimiter.

• Whats wrong with Delimiter @Ruriko

• azure trials?

• @Ruriko,

We can do for you what we did back on the OpenNebula testbed. Please feel free to PM me for your account information from back then. I'd gladly set something up for you to play around with for a while, all of our cloud instances come with dedicated CPU, and we pass VMX into the guest (so you can even virtualize yourself.)