Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Opinion on Reliablesites.net?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Opinion on Reliablesites.net?

I'm contemplating getting a dedicated server with them, but I figured I'd say what some people have to say about them first..

Comments

• Have a server with them, they have been excellent and I've had zero problems over the past few months :-).

• @Void_Whisperer said:
    I'm contemplating getting a dedicated server with them, but I figured I'd say what some people have to say about them first..

Our Piscataway lineup is with them. Good guys. Support isn't the best (I'm pretty sure I dealt with an Indian), but it's not awful. Quick delivery, decent panel, nothing to complain about.

• They're pretty great.

• @Steven_F said:
    Our Piscataway lineup is with them. Good guys. Support isn't the best (I'm pretty sure I dealt with an Indian), but it's not awful. Quick delivery, decent panel, nothing to complain about.

I am not an Indian but I am pretty sure this is classic racism, in fact this phrase can ideally be used in a dictionary to give an example of the word racism....

• @raza19 said:
    I am not an Indian but I am pretty sure this is classic racism, in fact this phrase can ideally be used in a dictionary to give an example of the word racism....

I didn't mean it like that. Take it how you will. They were more than likely non-native speaking and not extremely technically proficient, in my opinion. Most realistically, they were from an Indian outsourcing firm, where most outsourcing firms (especially in the tech. support industry) are.

Thanked by 1lazyt
  • Considering the language disconnects I've ran into with some outsourced companies I understood exactly what he meant. However I do find the screaming of racism to be highly offensive and only serves to heighten any tensions occurring at the time.

The racism shout is almost as annoying as the constant scam announcements.

Thanked by 2MannDude Mark_R
  • @lazyt said:
    Considering the language disconnects I've ran into with some outsourced companies I understood exactly what he meant. However I do find the screaming of racism to be highly offensive and only serves to heighten any tensions occurring at the time.

The racism shout is almost as annoying as the constant scam announcements.

Shoving racism "announcements" aside/silencing them just because you find them inconvenient (or if they annoy you) is repression.

Frankly I chose not to reply to steven_f 's reply because I was not looking for a rumble.. no need to gang up in support..

Thanked by 1geekalot
  • I would like to veer this back ontopic so it doesn't turn into an argument about racism/support/etc

• ztecztec Member
    edited August 2014

@raza19 said:

Hahahahahaha -- you < removed >

• I had a server with them back in April, I think. This was one of their $69 Xeon 1245 special and it was running great. Dedicated 1Gbps is a plus, though not unlimited. The only downside I found was the disk space, that was very limited (64Gb SSD).

So I will recommand them :)

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited August 2014

I find it pretty dirty that they redirect datashack.com to their own business, it tells me that they need another companys reputation just to make sales

• Eh they run good deals on servers all the time via WHT, I doubt they are hurting for sales.