Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PRTG, good but expensive
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PRTG, good but expensive

jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Hello, we have migrated our Netflow montiring from NFSen to PRTG, all is Ok and very happy with the result.

But now, we are looking to implement all our infraestructure inside PRTG, the reason is because we can use the Android APP and get alerts when something crash. We need around 5000 sensors, and the cost is..... +9,500.00 USD!!!!!!

Currently, we use observium, and it's free :)

10 sensors in PRTG are free, so, we will stop here. Only monitoring netflows... But we want know you opinion. There are some sense to pay 10K USD to get alerts in the mobile phone?

Some LEB/LET discount? :)

Comments

• Call the sales people, where I used to work we used it but with a massive discount as it was an education place.

• I've created a pagerduty module for observium, and thats works great

• jbilohjbiloh Administrator, Veteran

ColoCrossing started using PRTG about 2 years ago and it is absolutely excellent. Sure it's not cheap but it's really not the most expensive option out there either. And for performance, functionality and scalability it is far better than most of the other competitors.

We use PRTG's built in map function for our monitoring screens too.

I recommend it all the time.

• PRTG is amazing. Like you however, we limited it to sFlow and critical infrastructure. (Also tied into amazon messaging for alerts). For other monitoring we use a variety of other, more cost effective, tools...