Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vanilla Caching Issue
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Vanilla Caching Issue

clarity_64clarity_64 Member
edited September 2011 in General

Does anyone know of a way to not have to press F5 on every page of a Vanilla forum? I have the same problem on my personal forum, and it annoys the hell out of me. Am I the only one who has this issue? I use Google Chrome, and every page loads the page that I last saw yesterday. Pressing F5 loads the new stuff. This even happens in the the threads which is super annoying.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I love Vanilla, but I can't deal with this any longer.

Comments

• I don't use Chrome but maybe you can disable caching in it? Does that work?

• Are you logged in when this is happening?

I know I have this problem here at LET. After I log in, the listing of posts on the front page is usually quite different than what was there before I logged in.

Usually that's a sign that whatever is being used for caching isn't expiring correctly.

• XeoncrossXeoncross Member
    edited September 2011

I am using Google Chrome on Ubuntu and I've never had a problem yet.

Edit: I think I might have just seen what you were talking about. I went back in the history and then came forward and this comment I just left didn't show (since it was added by JS using a hash-tag). So I had to reload the page.

• I know I have this problem here at LET. After I log in, the listing of posts on the front page is usually quite different than what was there before I logged in.

I thought that this is done to put all new threads and all threads you commented in on the top and not possible gaps in between.

• I am using it on Windows 7. It happens while being logged in or not. I guess I can look at the caching.

• @kylix no I think it's by last posted. ie Sort by the time of the last posting in that thread.