Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OFFER: New Cloud Hosting Summer Offer From Mothership1
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OFFER: New Cloud Hosting Summer Offer From Mothership1

mothership1mothership1 Member
edited August 2014 in Offers

Mothership1 is an innovative cloud platform for virtual machines and storage.

Mothership1 is active now for some months. We want to thank all first customers, that helped us improving the service. For those who did not test us yet, we have prepared a new limited offer!

For a limited time, we are offering a free trial with a $50 additional credit after your commitment:

1. Signup now - No obligations - No automatic credit card charges
  2. Receive $5 Test Drive Credit right away - No payment needed at this stage
  3. Proceed and purchase $25 of credit within 2 weeks
  4. $50 Bonus is added to your account + your account and credit will not expire

Mothership1 offers many enhanced features compared to existing cloud offerings:

• A Private enterprise-class firewall dedicated you only, offering superior security capabilities and extended control over traffic routing within your virtual infrastructure.
  • Virtual Machine deployment in under 5 seconds.
  • Immediate Snapshots & Rollbacks.
  • PRICE! Virtual Machines start at $5.00 USD/Month. Storage starts at $0.03/GB/Month.

This is a limited time offer and will be granted on a first-come first-serve basis.

Comments

• Hehe I like that spaceship thingy

But maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have a public ip now and port forwarding to from 22 and to 22 but cannot connect via SSH.

• Possible to get for current users?

• @0xdragon said:
    Possible to get for current users?

Yes, we will apply a bonus to existing paying accounts as well.

• redoredo Member

I like the introduction video. Will give it a try.

• redoredo Member

Signed up, the gui looks nice. A big question mark for the sentence "Up to 50% lower cost than major cloud providers"

Take my favorite package 1GB for example:

Mothership1: $10 with 10GB of SSD

Vultr: $7 with 20GB of SSD

Linode: $10 with 20GB of SSD

But this is of course only a comparison in price. There may be a lot more things ;-)

• @redo said:
    Signed up, the gui looks nice. A big question mark for the sentence "Up to 50% lower cost than major cloud providers"

But this is of course only a comparison in price. There may be a lot more things ;-)

They probably mean Rackspace/AWS etc.

• @redo said:

Hi, thanks for taking the time to have a look to Mothership1. Prices compared are 'up to', so some cloud providers/packages will be indeed closer to our pricing.

With Mothership1 you receive as well a full Virtual Private Data Center, including a private firewall (Mothership1 Defense Shield).

• @chrisp said:
    Hehe I like that spaceship thingy

But maybe I'm doing it wrong, but I have a public ip now and port forwarding to from 22 and to 22 but cannot connect via SSH.

Please connect with live chat or send an e-mail to [email protected] so we can help you out. Once we have your username, we can investigate.

• I see you guys put a lot of work into this, but I'm wondering what the advantage of the firewall is compared to a properly configured iptables. Is it filtering at the router level, or is it essentially the same thing?

• @grillmaster said:
    I see you guys put a lot of work into this, but I'm wondering what the advantage of the firewall is compared to a properly configured iptables. Is it filtering at the router level, or is it essentially the same thing?

Filtering at the router level, it's really good :)

• redoredo Member

mothership1 said: Hi, thanks for taking the time to have a look to Mothership1. Prices compared are 'up to', so some cloud providers/packages will be indeed closer to our pricing.

With Mothership1 you receive as well a full Virtual Private Data Center, including a private firewall (Mothership1 Defense Shield).

As I don't use much such features, I will reconsider if you have more disk offered. But, I guess you have a clear targeted customer base.

• @redo said:
    As I don't use much such features, I will reconsider if you have more disk offered. But, I guess you have a clear targeted customer base.

In fact we do support virtual disks up to 2TB directly attached to your VM. It is not in the control panels for you yet to order, but customer service can set this up. See pricing page of mothership1.com, section Machine Deck: Virtual HDD Disk Storage.

• Yesterday, I tried it out and I had some problems first but got it working. How does the disk pricing work? 10GB is included, but what does 20 cost or 100? Also will there be europe location?

• @mothership1 : i couldn't find the information about your locations.

You mention 3 different ones on your websites, but couldn't find what they are.

Can you please give a few more details?

• @drazilox said:
    Yesterday, I tried it out and I had some problems first but got it working. How does the disk pricing work? 10GB is included, but what does 20 cost or 100? Also will there be europe location?

See pricing details here

Extra SSD capacity on your main disk is 0.3 USD per GB, extra HDD capacity is 0.15 USD per GB and is provisioned as an additional disk to your virtual machine (up to 2TB). If you need just archive storage, use our S3 storage buckets at 0.03 USD per GB.

2 European locations are under preparation, UK (Bracknell) and Belgium (Bruges).

• @Upstage said:
    mothership1 : i couldn't find the information about your locations.

You mention 3 different ones on your websites, but couldn't find what they are.

Can you please give a few more details?

Lenoir, USA
    York, Canada
    Bruges, Belgium (Coming Soon)
    Bracknell, UK (Coming Soon)

Thanked by 1Upstage
  • mothership1 said: 2 European locations are under preparation, UK (Bracknell) and Belgium (Bruges).

Do you have any ETA on them?

• zevuszevus Member
    edited August 2014

I tried these out & the ability to control the router & what not was fairly interesting.

I found out later that I had to purchase a "second cloud space" to be able to access the second location (an additional $5) and shortly after that my machine "disappeared" (as well as all my credit, the machine I had running currently, and all my funds in billing).

Pretty sure the server is fine, since I was still able to ping it, just didn't show up in their interface... but now it's been since Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:26:12 -0500 with no answer from support (which was about 24 hrs or so after I deposited $25).

Not a huge deal, I guess, but if I don't hear anything before Friday afternoon I guess I'll start some chargeback.. maybe... I've only had one in over 15 years with paypal, so it might be better to save it for some $500 + thing, since they have policy to essentially just "give" you the money in such cases

(the other one was about a year ago vs incero, hoho)

• @mothership1 : Hi, any update/ETA on your new locations in Europe?