Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's good at reviewing services?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Who's good at reviewing services?

I need help, help from a trustworthy and respected member of LET.

I'm looking for someone who can run every benchmark in the book, stress a server till it bursts into flames then test it some more!

What i'd like from LET is nominations for who can complete such a task and make a compelling review, good or bad.
I plan on selecting someone to receive 'free' hosting for a period of time so as to allow them to review our service's and post benchmarks.

Criteria:

• Be Active on LET
  • Preferably written reviews before
  • A respectable member
  • Not from another provider (Exception may be made).

Comment below if you have a recommendation or wish yourself to be selected.
I will choose 8/5/2014 and further details will then be discussed.

Comments

• Reviews need to be from people using your services for real world application. The difference between 200MB/s IO and 1000MB/s IO is intangible if you're not staring at numbers.

tl;dr - Benchmarks are retarded.

• You'll be better off having someone test your services as well as your customer support. If they go just by benchmarking and testing your capabilities, then you're just a wet dream for DDoS script kiddies and crypto-coin miners.

• AlexanderMAlexanderM Member, Top Host, Host Rep

How much will you pay me for a very positive amazing review?

/joke

• You also need to benchmark full or almost full nodes. It's easy to provide good performance on an empty node :)
    P.s. I'm not implying you wanted to do that

• This is very complicated. The variation between individual nodes within providers and then variation over time makes it very difficult to rate an individual hosting provider.

It's like hard drives. Both Seagate and Western Digital have made good drives, and bad drives. It would be irresponsible to rate their overall reliability based on the evaluation of a single device of a single model at a single point in time.

Hopefully there is someone in the community out there who can help you.

• @eiYeK8dozai6KahyB said:
    This is very complicated. The variation between individual nodes within providers and then variation over time makes it very difficult to rate an individual hosting provider.

It's like hard drives. Both Seagate and Western Digital have made good drives, and bad drives. It would be irresponsible to rate their overall reliability based on the evaluation of a single device of a single model at a single point in time.

why not use the girlfriend terminology........... much easier to understand :)

• Rhys_quadexRhys_quadex Member
    edited August 2014

@eiYeK8dozai6KahyB said:
    This is very complicated. The variation between individual nodes within providers and then variation over time makes it very difficult to rate an individual hosting provider.

Who ever tests our service can see how quickly like they can create the max 40 VM's and benchmark each one?

• @Rhys_quadex said:
    Who ever tests our service can see how quickly like they can create the max 40 VM's and benchmark each one?

Sure, I can do that :)

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

@0xdragon said:
    Sure, I can do that :)

:(){ :|:& };:

• @AlexanderM said:
    How much will you pay me for a very positive amazing review?

/joke

0.00003721 BTC, 0.0000643 LTC, 3 Netcoins and Half a feather coin.

• Seriously though, I've been around for a while and I can definitely help you review your service :)

• @0xdragon said:
    Seriously though, I've been around for a while and I can definitely help you review your service :)

I've seen you around quite a bit, your definitely someone i'd choose, if no one else comes forward by the 5th you can be expecting a PM.

Thanks for showing interest.

• As no one else has come forward, i've selected @0xDragon to do the review, a PM will be sent containing further details.