Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How i can able to make images like joodle
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How i can able to make images like joodle

If you want install windows on Kimsufi we count joodle in this only.He did great work to create (https://joodle.nl/kimsufi/install.html) it makes very very easy to install windows on kimsufi.
Can any body tell me How i can make image like joodle to install windows on server

Comments

• linuxthefishlinuxthefish Member
    edited August 2014

There is a guide somewhere on how to install windows manually, but you have to add some special drivers or something.

Then i'm assuming you boot back into rescue, mount remote drive and pipe dd into gzip onto remote drive? Only a guess though

Something like "dd if=/dev/sda | gzip", dont run this command though.

• Maybe ask @joodle

• Simple. prepare an image from the windows install itself (proxmox is probably the quickest) add all drivers. then simply copy the image

• @TarZZ92 said:
    Simple. prepare an image from the windows install itself (proxmox is probably the quickest) add all drivers. then simply copy the image

I used VirtualBox, it's easy to make though, will take about 30-45 minutes max per image/template

• @joodle well i checked VirtualBox there is no option for 64bit : (

• BlazeMuisBlazeMuis Member
    edited August 2014

@phpcssajax said:
    joodle well i checked VirtualBox there is no option for 64bit : (

There is: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads

• swi7chswi7ch Member
    edited August 2014

How do you know which drivers to include? I'm guessing you type some command on the server (what command though?) and then it lists all the devices and then you Google for the driver and include it in the image?

Hate being such a newbie when it comes to all things servers :(

Thanked by 1phpcssajax
  • I wanna to know, how to add drivers into the vm? while the corresponding hardware models in fact does not exist in the vm.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep

@hotsnow said:
    I wanna to know, how to add drivers into the vm? while the corresponding hardware models in fact does not exist in the vm.

Even if the hardware does not exist in the hardware you have (the Virtualbox vm) you can install drivers.
    If the driver package comes as an exe file it is usually an install package that will install the drivers into Windows for you.

If it's .inf files you can add drivers using this tutorial http://texhex.blogspot.se/2009/10/installing-windows-7-drivers-from.html

Thanked by 1hotsnow
  • What command do you type so that it lists all the hardware of the server? I get that you can install drivers in VirtualBox. But how do you even know which drivers to install/include in the image if you don't know what hardware your server has?

This is why I hate Linux. In Windows you just go to the Control Panel then Devices and problem solved.

• mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited August 2014
    Thanked by 1hotsnow