Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Review of GoodHosting jingling plan
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Review of GoodHosting jingling plan

You can open 3-thread jingling with this plan. It's RAMFS and can not be reinstalled
BUT IT'S REALLY SMOOTH, with only 1G-RAM, but so smooth, I can't imagine the infrastrature of this

Comments

• Hello @suliuyi,

Thank you for this praise, but you should generally have a service for more time before making a review about it. We only released our JingLing plans to the public recently, but I'm glad that you are already enjoying the service.

"RAMFS" is the name of the data-store, it's only a name. The infrastructure behind this is actually quite simple of a recipe, that I'm surprised other hosts have not implemented sooner to fill the JingLing Niche:

• A server using RAID10 as a backend storage (remote)
    • Local SSD drives in RAID1 as a page cache (hard caching)
    • Temporary volatile storage on RAM for JingLing %TEMP%

You should fine this very stable for all your needs, and we have no issue with any quantity of order. You can also request more vCPU or more RAM if your version of JingLing requires more resources to use.

• @GoodHosting said:
    Hello suliuyi,

Thank you for this praise, but you should generally have a service for more time before making a review about it. We only released our JingLing plans to the public recently, but I'm glad that you are already enjoying the service.

"RAMFS" is the name of the data-store, it's only a name. The infrastructure behind this is actually quite simple of a recipe, that I'm surprised other hosts have not implemented sooner to fill the JingLing Niche:

• A server using RAID10 as a backend storage (remote)
    • Local SSD drives in RAID1 as a page cache (hard caching)
    • Temporary volatile storage on RAM for JingLing %TEMP%

You should fine this very stable for all your needs, and we have no issue with any quantity of order. You can also request more vCPU or more RAM if your version of JingLing requires more resources to use.

I will try for 30 days, if really stable I will keep it for long term use

• @suliuyi said:
    I will try for 30 days, if really stable I will keep it for long term use

Okay :). Please tell me if there is anything we can do to improve your stay, such as if you would like help in creating a "Savestate" or "Snapshot" of your existing VM for replication / duplication (something we often do for clients that require quantity without configuration.)

• @GoodHosting

Sent you a pm a while ago, no response :-/

• @Stevie said:
    GoodHosting

Sent you a pm a while ago, no response :-/

You asked me about IPv6 / SolusVM ; something that we don't use and isn't related to me. I honestly thought you had sent the PM to the wrong person by mistake. We don't use SolusVM in any of our deployments, and AFAIK SolusVM doesn't allow you to set a number of IPv6 for resellers (thus making it impossible to actually use IPv6 as a reseller.)

I don't know if they've fixed this, this and the CPU not being a resource that resellers are able to modify (resulting in resellers only able to create single CPU VPSes.)

• @GoodHosting

Well i posted here just to get your attention, while I understand I made a mistake you did not have to post here :-)

PM from now on k ;-p

• @GoodHosting May I have the order link?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

NewforVPS said: ay I have the order link?

You must be asking because the goodhosting.co web site is down.

I guess the owner is on vacation in the backwoods of Canada again.

Queue the explanation of how this is a totally unique one-time situation, no customers were affected, it will never happen again, does not invalidate claims of deep technical support staff, etc.

Thanked by 3hostnoob jvnadr Pwner
  • Note to self: Don't expect OVH to not mitigate an entire server for one errant client.

Apparently they don't know what nullrouting is or how to do it.

I'm currently on the line asking a support tech exactly how they expect me to remove a client when they mitigate the entire account, then ask me to remove the files from a server I have no means to access (IPMI disabled, serial console disabled, machine booted into rescue-FTP, no credentials given...)

The support tech is currently extremely confused that they didn't give me any means to deal with the issue they're asking me to remove. Seems pretty backwards to me, even ColoCrossing doesn't mitigate your account at 3AM on a Saturday.

I'm working on the issue with their techs at the moment.

• GoodHosting said: doesn't mitigate your account at 3AM on a Saturday

Where are you again?

• @ElChile said:
    Where are you again?

Pacific Standard Time, Canada. ( GMT -08:00 while not observing Daylight Savings Time, GMT -07:00 during. ) Currently on the line with a support tech trying to sort this out.

Thanked by 1ElChile
  • @GoodHosting said:
    Note to self: Don't expect OVH to not mitigate an entire server for one errant client.

Apparently they don't know what nullrouting is or how to do it.

I'm currently on the line asking a support tech exactly how they expect me to remove a client when they mitigate the entire account, then ask me to remove the files from a server I have no means to access (IPMI disabled, serial console disabled, machine booted into rescue-FTP, no credentials given...)

The support tech is currently extremely confused that they didn't give me any means to deal with the issue they're asking me to remove. Seems pretty backwards to me, even ColoCrossing doesn't mitigate your account at 3AM on a Saturday.

I'm working on the issue with their techs at the moment.

note to self: if ddosing from cc, remember to start at 3am on a saturday for maximum results.

Thanked by 3Pwner Mark_R W3Host
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

@Hello71 yea no. They have automatic nulling for abuse

• The issue has been settled.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

said: jingling

JingLing... as in the auto blog spamming software?

• @AnthonySmith said:
    JingLing... as in the auto blog spamming software?

It roughly translates to "Traffic Wizard" ; so I would assume so, yes. Mind you, SpiritSoft's own documentation warns that you're only meant to be spamming your own blogs, it's meant as a means of distributing news to a hub and spoke network of blogs.

But we all know what it's really used for.

edited August 2014

GoodHosting said: We only released our JingLing plans to the public recently

GoodHosting said: But we all know what it's really used for.

Pro!

I hope you own your own IP block or this is going to be short lived.

Thanked by 2Dylan klikli
  • We don't supply the software, and it's a known market niche. Many providers have issues hosting JingLing due to the amount of disk I/Os that are generated by a poorly coded software using Internet Explorer frames and Temporary Internet File spamming. We have dealt with that abuse and are able to host these JingLings without issue.

Well yeah, I could say the same thing about bulk mailing spam, that does not mean I consider it a niche to exploit for profit.

Business is business though, just not the sort of business I would be actively attracting.

• @GoodHosting said:
    We don't supply the software, and it's a known market niche.

Oh, please. You've railed against ColoCrossing for not doing enough to combat email spam coming from their network, and now you're offering an entire product line dedicated to software that you know is used for malicious purposes.

Thanked by 3lbft jar Nickk
  • What is JingLing good for, actually?

• @Dylan said:
    Oh, please. You've railed against ColoCrossing for not doing enough to combat email spam coming from their network, and now you're offering an entire product line dedicated to software that you know is used for malicious purposes.

Yup, my clients don't send out E-Mail spam. They post to blogs that they already have accounts for and (should be) authorized to be posting on. The software itself only posts, it doesn't create registrations or E-Mails (which would be required to actually post on the blogs) etc.

Only someone who uses JingLing and actually reads the language could comment with what the software actually does and how it does it, so I'll leave that to someone who does. ( I may be a bit off in my explanation, as I cannot read the language. )

You can find more information about it on their website: http://spiritsoft.cn/

• Jingling imitates the real user traffic on the websites its added. For example, it goes to page to page, scrolls down, clicks links, etc. It doesn't spam comments.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @serverian said:
    Jingling imitates the real user traffic on the websites its added. For example, it goes to page to page, scrolls down, clicks links, etc. It doesn't spam comments.

Ahh, thank you for clarifying this. That means it's not even all that malicious, just as much as any spider or traffic viewer would at all, or any mirroring script, any autonymous browser, etcetera.

@Dylan , @Amitz , @AnthonySmith

@NewforVPS ,

Please check our latest offer thread:

http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/32009/2gb-kvm-7-mo-jingling-hitleap-optimized-vps-5-mo-2-locations-yearly-plans

• So, ehm, you offered a tailor-made hosting plan for a software and did not really know what it does?

• @Amitz said:
    So, ehm, you offered a tailor-made hosting plan for a software and did not really know what it does?

I knew that it wasn't doing anything illegal or worse than E-Mail spam, and I knew that it was an incredibly simple fix for me to implement, to create a tailor-made plan for the software to run better.

We've happily gained more than 100 orders of the JingLing plan within the past week. It's great for use of HitLeap, and can be used for many more things that require high IOPs (such as MySQL temporary tables perhaps, varnish, and a few other things.)

oh ok just click fraud then.....

• serverian said: Jingling imitates the real user traffic on the websites its added. For example, it goes to page to page, scrolls down, clicks links, etc. It doesn't spam comments.

I dont know why people like jingling, jingling traffic is pretty much junk ... just pure wasting bandwidth

• @namhuy said:
    I dont know why people like jingling, jingling traffic is pretty much junk ... just pure wasting bandwidth

No, I love jingling

• tszilassitszilassi Member
    edited August 2014

I think only people using JingLing are the ones who are selling traffic. People on warriorforum or blackhatworld. Poor customers think they are real people visiting their websites. Maybe even clicking their adsense ads artificially.