Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Google Apps] - Can we set exceptional sharing rules per specific user?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[Google Apps] - Can we set exceptional sharing rules per specific user?

Hello,

In our Google Apps, we do not allow users to share documents outside the organization. This setting is to ensure that the company's documents cannot be shared outside.

However, in some cases, we need to allow users to be able to share document outside the organization. Can this be done via Google Apps setting?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Comments

• @nhocconan said:
    Hello,

In our Google Apps, we do not allow users to share documents outside the organization. This setting is to ensure that the company's documents cannot be shared outside.

However, in some cases, we need to allow users to be able to share document outside the organization. Can this be done via Google Apps setting?

Any suggestion is appreciated.

You can share the document. Click on the blue share button on the top right.

Thanked by 1Droid
  • @black said:
    You can share the document. Click on the blue share button on the top right.

Do you mean me as an administrator? I tried to, but as for the Drive apps, I set the sharing option to "Users cannot share documents outside this organization", so when I share a docs to an email outside the organization, the message "Sorry, an item cannot be shared outside of Organization_Name"

• As far as I know, you can not do that.

• @FirstVM_com said:
    As far as I know, you can not do that.

I hope there will be some tricks for administrators can set specific rules. So I post here to see if someone can help :-)

• @nhocconan said:
    I hope there will be some tricks for administrators can set specific rules. So I post here to see if someone can help :-)

How about creating an account within your org and give it to the user? You can set up autoforwarding for emails and you can delete his/her account after.

• @zhuanyi said:
    How about creating an account within your org and give it to the user? You can set up autoforwarding for emails and you can delete his/her account after.

Thanks for the suggest, but basically it cannot work since customers normally do not want to deal with multiple accounts in multiple systems :-)

I might come to a trick to require the user to share the docs to one account insider our organization since we do allow sharing from outside.

Thanked by 1zhuanyi
  • @nhocconan said:
    I might come to a trick to require the user to share the docs to one account insider our organization since we do allow sharing from outside.

No worries, also check out some alternatives, like Dropbox, box or even Owncloud and AeroFs if you wanna be fancy :)

Thanked by 1nhocconan