Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Disqus in WHMCS
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Disqus in WHMCS

I think it would be cool to put Disqus comments in the announcements of WHMCS. I signed up with Disqus and code the javascript code. I inserted it into viewannouncement.tpl and footer.tpl as per the Disqus instructions and I wrapped the codes in smarty {literal}{/literal} tags with no luck. Does anyone have any other ideas on how I can get this to work?

Comments

• I figured this out and if anyone is curious just go into knowledgebasearticle.tpl and replace the facebook code with the disqus code, this was you can also control it from within whmcs admin.

• I would day the more plugins you have the more vulnerable you are.

• said: I think it would be cool to put Disqus comments in the announcements of WHMCS.

Why. Disqus is a train wreck

• doughmanes said: Why. Disqus is a train wreck

Explain

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @Profforg: alot of spam gets through; people need to login to comment - real bummer. Also, it is generally a terrible idea to allow 3rd parties to get included into any critical software.

• Blanoz said: alot of spam gets through; people need to login to comment - real bummer. Also, it is generally a terrible idea to allow 3rd parties to get included into any critical software.

Disqus is based for approve-only systems. That's why spam is usual here.

People don't need to login to comment. I don't see it in thousands of websites with Disqus.

Yes, it's a bad idea. I hope such systems will have an ability to export all information, to easily move from system to system or from system to own comment system.

• wychwych Member

I would agree with others, Disqus doesnt have a place in a billing platform.

• whmcs has facebook comments build in is that any safer? I though it would be nice to allow people to comment is all.